Martin and Tricia

Permanent resident card vs. employment auth. card.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I have one of those weird days, where I get confused. So have one (maybe stupid) question.

I have my permanent resident card and employment auth card. Did the permanent resident card overrule the employment card, so I only need to renew the permanent resident card from now on or do i need to renew both ?

July 7 i will arrive in Atlanta -> Chattanooga. I'm so excited !

Filed: Timeline

Your EAD is essentially invalid now that you have your Permanent Resident status. You only need your Permanent Resident card to get a job, enter the country, etc. and you should only worry about renewing your Permanent Resident card. The EAD is a stop gap measure to allow you to work while your Adjustment of Status is being adjudicated. Now that you've completed the AOS your green card supersedes your EAD.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have one of those weird days, where I get confused. So have one (maybe stupid) question.

I have my permanent resident card and employment auth card. Did the permanent resident card overrule the employment card, so I only need to renew the permanent resident card from now on or do i need to renew both ?

The EAD is invalid now. The permanent resident card is all you need for working and re-entering the US when traveling. You won't be renewing your 2 year conditional green card though. You will need to file to remove conditions 90 days before your card expires. You will then be granted a 10 year green card when approved. http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

thank you very much. it was how i thought it was. Just one of those days, where you get confused :)

Edited by Martin and Tricia

July 7 i will arrive in Atlanta -> Chattanooga. I'm so excited !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.