englishdv

International travel while renewing an expired permanent Green Card

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My permanent Green Card expired and I have to renew it. Does anyone know what document I get put in my passport to allow international travel while the renewal is underway, and how I do that? I have checked this site, the USCIS site, googled, etc. I just can't find the answer to that particular question. I called the USCIS help line but couldn't find my way to a human being.

I'm hoping to travel back to England in July for a big family function so I hope I haven't left it too late.

Anyone know how long renewals are taking at the moment?

Hello to this community that is brand new for me.

David

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Google is your friend >>> http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=8ae33a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

You need the green card to enter the US.

Make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office to speak with someone about your circumstances.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

My permanent Green Card expired and I have to renew it. Does anyone know what document I get put in my passport to allow international travel while the renewal is underway, and how I do that? I have checked this site, the USCIS site, googled, etc. I just can't find the answer to that particular question. I called the USCIS help line but couldn't find my way to a human being.

I'm hoping to travel back to England in July for a big family function so I hope I haven't left it too late.

Anyone know how long renewals are taking at the moment?

Hello to this community that is brand new for me.

David

What type of Greencard do you have now? In other words, are you filing a simple renewal from a 10-year card or filing to Remove Conditions on a 2-year card?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Anh, I have looked at the I90 form several times. It doesn't answer my question but thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll make the appointment and go in with my filled in I90, then see what happens. I know the I90 is sent elsewhere for filing.

Harpa, I have a 10 year permanent resident Green Card with no conditions.

David

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.