ansabhi

study in usa.....

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I hope you have been saving for US College.

I think he will be 3 years in when he gets to move to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems like you simply want to move to the US and pick up where you left off in Inida

This is not the case, US colleges and universities have unique requirements as to what you need for admission and progression in a degree program. The more specialized the program, the more unique the requirements.

Please contact the university in which you wish to study to inquire about their requirments - it is the only way to get a clear answer

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is very possible to move those credits :thumbs: .

If I were in your shoes, I would start doing some major "homework" on how you're going to do this.

#1 - Prepare and take the TOEFL - looks like you have that sorted if you're taking a prep course.

#2 - Start looking at the Pharm.D programs closest to where you are moving and see what the requirements are.

a. Do you need an undergraduate degree to apply?

b. What are the course requirements for that undergraduate degree?

c. What schools near your new US home have those undergraduate degrees?

#3 - If you need to pick a school for the undergraduate degree, start talking to their admissions people. Get out emails, explain your situation [immigrating to the US on a family visa - you will not need to talk to them about getting a student visa].

a. Find out if you need to take any US standardized exams [sAT, ACT] - chances are you don't, but make sure

b. Find out scheduling for the school - you have an "idea" of when your visa may come through - you don't want to loose money based on a guess on when you'll be stateside. This will also help you figure out when to apply as some schools don't have rolling admissions and you may need to apply during certain windows [say by Feb 1 to start in summer term, etc].

c. At their request, send in your marksheets/transcripts. With this information, they will be able to tell you what transfers. You may be able to pre-emptively have an organization like WES critique them also. You want to fight for as many of those classes to transfer as possible so your schooling in the US is less.

With this information - what the Pharm.D school wants and what an undergraduate school wants - you should be able to go forward with a plan. Oh, and the graduate school and Pharm.D school may be one in the same...depends on how you want to do it.

https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/admission/info/information-for-transfers.aspx

1-Can this link Is applied On Me..

if you can,then simply understood me..

what they are sayinng?

2-how to count credit,they told "earned at least 12 semester hours"!!

what that meant..?

simply understand me...

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/admission/info/information-for-transfers.aspx

1-Can this link Is applied On Me..

if you can,then simply understood me..

what they are sayinng?

2-how to count credit,they told "earned at least 12 semester hours"!!

what that meant..?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Scary

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

In a lot of university and college systems in the US, the schools use a credit [or credit hour] system to determine how much study is needed in each course. I'm not sure if there is something the same in India - maybe someone will come along with that info.

Otherwise, it looks like University of Florida is the school you are looking at???? Go ahead and either email them or call them and explain your situation. I know you'd like answers here, but none of us are officials at that specific school. Most schools are great at getting back to you quickly because they like to have full campuses!

Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.