Sign in to follow this  
neodragon0l

Gathering more Evidence and Technology Pitfalls.

7 posts in this topic

Hi. I am sorry to butt in... but I am also working on my K-1 visa. My fiancee is in the Philippines. We were introduced by a mutual friend in February 2008. We became friends and in June 2008, I asked her to be a girlfriend. I actually visited her in the Philippines in May 2009. I was a Filipino citizen then. I visited again in November 2010 for her graduation. I proposed to her on December 26, 2010 right before I went back to the Philippines. We took pictures of our trips and been trying to looking for other evidence to support our "proof that we met in person." What other things should I have in this section.

To continue the story, I visited her again this past April (2012) so I can introduce her to my parents. Everything went well and that was a relief.

My other problem is "Proof of continued relationship." Like this post says, I relied on technology Such as Yahoo Messenger, and Phone Cards. The phone cards got expensive and so I ordered one of those unlimited Globe US Direct plans. I have the receipts in my inbox. However, my computer broke down and now I am missing January 2011 to May 2011 evidence of call and chat logs. I have June 2011 to present. We did not really write letters to each other. I think She has one or two letters of mine. But that's it. When you have a phone service like Vonage, or Globe US Direct, it is like calling her everything domestically. What else should I include? I plan to submit this by early June. I am really hoping that we can be together this Christmas.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Take a deep breath friend. You will be ok. You do not actually need "proof of ongoing relationship" to file the I-129f. You need that once you get the NOA2 and she has her interview. For the initial petition, you just need to have proof of having met in person within the past 2 years. (plus the forms and letters of intent, etc, etc) Focus on the petition first. You will have many many months to get the other proof ready for the interview phase. Good luck on your journey! You are in a good place here. good.gif

To add, archive your yahoo messenger chats so that you will be able to print screen the chat logs later on... this will show the daily chats you made, not necessarily the conversations but the dates... this is one of the proof of continuing relationship that she will need to show during her interview after you receive your NOA2...

If your fiancée will be interviewing at the U.S. Embassy Manila, I would recommend that you front-load your I-129F petition to the USCIS. That means including proof of an ongoing relationship with your I-129F petition.

Then, when she interviews at the Embassy, she should bring along more (updated) proof of an ongoing relationship.

It's a high fraud country, so play it safe, kaibigan.

Tahoma and Chinook's K1 story --->> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/57425-tahoma/

If your fiancée will be interviewing at the U.S. Embassy Manila, I would recommend that you front-load your I-129F petition to the USCIS. That means including proof of an ongoing relationship with your I-129F petition.

Then, when she interviews at the Embassy, she should bring along more (updated) proof of an ongoing relationship.

It's a high fraud country, so play it safe, kaibigan.

Thank you everybody for your input. That's I am freaking out because Philippines is a high fraud country. In 2010 and 2012, I visited her twice within the 2 year requirement. Should I put both trips to show I clearly meet the 2 year requirement. As for the ongoing relationship, what should I do to play it safe. thank you,

carlo

1/18/2013 - Married

To add, archive your yahoo messenger chats so that you will be able to print screen the chat logs later on... this will show the daily chats you made, not necessarily the conversations but the dates... this is one of the proof of continuing relationship that she will need to show during her interview after you receive your NOA2...

Yes, I archived the yahoo messenger chats. Unfortunately, the chat log only goes as far as May 2011. That's before the server logs the chats. I often saved the logs into the computer. The computer crashed a couple of months. As of now, we have been using the Globe US Direct. I am printing out the detailed billing statement, but that points out to a US number.

1/18/2013 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.