mambocowboy

health insurance crisis

82 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You were never in it. :whistle:

Why did you post the public charge clause? :bonk:

Ok I am only going to spell this out for you one more time and it's because I know you secretly you love having conversations with me and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :devil:

The OP's partner arrived on K-1, they will be going through AOS. This is relevant to the OP. I'm not sure that you went through the K-1 process so maybe you misunderstood the situation. The post I responded to did not specify where the birth of the child that warranted "government handouts" would be in the visa process but as the OP asked about coverage for prenatal care, I assume they would want the information in relation to that and that was why they were asking this follow up question. Not sure what your take on this is, you haven't made it clear. You also posted a link which said Emergency Medicaid was not means tested and did not have to be repaid. You backed up my point, thanks. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

So if a woman comes here legally and gets food stamps...it could be found out, and her sponsor might eventually be presented with a bill.

If a PREGNANT woman comes here...has no insurance...she can apply for EMERGENCY Medicaid...and the baby could be born without the sponsor being given any bill.

Is that correct?

Ok I am only going to spell this out for you one more time and it's because I know you secretly you love having conversations with me and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :devil:

The OP's partner arrived on K-1, they will be going through AOS. This is relevant to the OP. I'm not sure that you went through the K-1 process so maybe you misunderstood the situation. The post I responded to did not specify where the birth of the child that warranted "government handouts" would be in the visa process but as the OP asked about coverage for prenatal care, I assume they would want the information in relation to that and that was why they were asking this follow up question. Not sure what your take on this is, you haven't made it clear. You also posted a link which said Emergency Medicaid was not means tested and did not have to be repaid. You backed up my point, thanks. :thumbs:

I'm done with this conversation.

I knew you couldn't quit me baby! (L):rofl:

Edited by Teddy B

So if a woman comes here legally and gets food stamps...it could be found out, and her sponsor might eventually be presented with a bill.

If a PREGNANT woman comes here...has no insurance...she can apply for EMERGENCY Medicaid...and the baby could be born without the sponsor being given any bill.

Is that correct?

Unfortunately yes.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is that correct?

As I pointed out before, the Emergency medicaid would not cover the thousands of dollars in doctors visits for prenatal care, only the birth. If they do not have prenatal visits with a doctor this could be dangerous for the mother and the child.

According to all the airlines I just checked with, women can't travel by air after 8 months of pregnancy unless they have a doctors letter saying they are fit to travel. You will find that pregnant women won't want to travel by air that late into pregnancy by choice either. :P

They would only qualify for these benefits if they meet the income levels for their household size, they won't automatically qualify. I don't have a lot of experience with food stamps. I just used their online tool using the 125% income of $19,000 in a household of two with no assets or other income. They could be eligible for food stamps but it isn't very much, $150 a month. Certainly not enough to live on. If the woman is pregnant they would most likely qualify for WIC too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You asked for actual case.

Before my fiancé and I were married her daughter needed shots to attend school. One of the local private hospitals sponsors immunizations of children for free or very reduced prices ($5 per shot). It is funded by the hospital and local charity denotations.

I explained the situation with the director at the clinic and they said there was no government funds used. They would not be submitting a bill to any agency for payment of the shots. She saw no problem. She said in fact that a very large percentage of the children they treat are immigrants, legal and illegal.

You asked for actual case.

Before my fiancé and I were married her daughter needed shots to attend school. One of the local private hospitals sponsors immunizations of children for free or very reduced prices ($5 per shot). It is funded by the hospital and local charity denotations.

I explained the situation with the director at the clinic and they said there was no government funds used. They would not be submitting a bill to any agency for payment of the shots. She saw no problem. She said in fact that a very large percentage of the children they treat are immigrants, legal and illegal.

This was a private hospital program with no gov't funding so it doesn't fall under the standards for means tested public benefits.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.