Lub2012

K1 approved but under admin processing at New Delhi

55 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My fiancee had her interview for K1 visa on May 9th at new delhi consulate. At the end of a succesfull interview, She was told by CO, " Congrats, your visa has been approved" and they kept her passport along with some other paperwork. She was not given any kind of receipt or 221G whatsoever. upon asking when i will get my passport back, She was told, You will get your passport back in 5 to 6 days and was handed over a blue pamplet which says " Welcome to America". It has been almost two weeks & we have not received the passport yet. Every time I check her passport on VFS website, it displays the same message: " Your passport in under process at US embassy/Consulate". On the top of that, when I called DOS, VO says, your case has been put under admin processing and they have not made a decesion yet. I do not understand this, why would they tell her,she is approved for visa at the interview and DOS says "they have not made a decision yet". Any comments, suggestions guys? How long will it take to get passport back and above all, what is the impact on outcome of all this?

Just a happy couple!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiancee had her interview for K1 visa on May 9th at new delhi consulate. At the end of a succesfull interview, She was told by CO, " Congrats, your visa has been approved" and they kept her passport along with some other paperwork. She was not given any kind of receipt or 221G whatsoever. upon asking when i will get my passport back, She was told, You will get your passport back in 5 to 6 days and was handed over a blue pamplet which says " Welcome to America". It has been almost two weeks & we have not received the passport yet. Every time I check her passport on VFS website, it displays the same message: " Your passport in under process at US embassy/Consulate". On the top of that, when I called DOS, VO says, your case has been put under admin processing and they have not made a decesion yet. I do not understand this, why would they tell her,she is approved for visa at the interview and DOS says "they have not made a decision yet". Any comments, suggestions guys? How long will it take to get passport back and above all, what is the impact on outcome of all this?

I would suggest calling the US Department of State (DOS) they get updated by the consulate. Their number is (202) 663-1225. They were able to look mine up and tell me what the 221g said before my Fiance received it from the consulate. Good Luck

Timeline

I would suggest calling the US Department of State (DOS) they get updated by the consulate. Their number is (202) 663-1225. They were able to look mine up and tell me what the 221g said before my Fiance received it from the consulate. Good Luck

Sorry I just realized you had called the DOS. Erase my statement. I am so sorry and I feel your frustration, we are on our 2nd 221g.

Timeline

Were you issued 221G at the interview or sent in mail afterwards ? & if it did, how long it took to get it ?

Thanks

Edited by Lub2012

Just a happy couple!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hmmm, we also had our interview on May 9th at New Delhi. Although the CO didn't say "you're approved" he kept the passport and told us to go to window 30 to answer a few more questions, when we went to window 30 the guy there gave us the blue pamplet titled "immigrant visas" and a letter saying "you are under mandatory administrative processing". When I track the passport it also says that is under admin processing at embassy.

Phew! Hopefully, it will be done soon and they issue our visas. Good Luck!

USCIS
July 15, 2011 - NOA 1, Jan 24, 2012 - NOA 2

NVC
Feb 8, 2012 - NVC # & Invoice ID # Received
Feb 8, 2012 - Emailed NVC DS-3032 ( choice of agent ) Accepted!
Feb 9, 2012 - AOS Fee Paid
Feb 10, 2012 - AOS bill shows Paid :-)
Feb 10, 2012 - IV bill Paid (In Process)
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows In Process, Fee was withdrawn from Bank Account. So,is PAID :-)
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows Paid.
Feb 17, 2012 - AOS and IV Packages Sent to NVC, same envelope :-)
Feb 21, 2012 - AOS and IV Packages RECEIVED by NVC
Feb 24, 2012 - AOS Accepted.
Feb 24, 2012 - IV RFE "Original Marriage Certificate" It was included. Waiting for supervisor to review Marriage Certificate (10 - 15 days)
Mar 20, 2012 - RFE Sent
Mar 22, 2012 - CASE COMPLETE

Embassy ~ New Delhi
April 10, 2012 - Received Email, Interview Date: May 9th! Yeeey!
April 16, 2012 - Medical Exam
May 09, 2012 - INTERVIEW = AP
Jul 03, 2012 - Called DoS AP OVER, VFS's website says passport was handed over to Blue Dart, Waiting for delivery :-)

Jul 06, 2012 - VISA IN HAND (Visa was issued on July 2nd)

POE
Jul 17, 2012 - SAN DIEGO

July 28, 2012 - Welcome Letter Received
July 31, 2012 - Green Card Received
Aug. 01, 2012 - Applied for SSN
Aug. 07, 2012 - Received SSN Card :-) yeeeeeeey! Time to look for a job!

ROC I-751

May 08, 2014 - Sent I-751 to CSC

May 14, 2014 - NOA Received (Dated: 5/09/2014)

May 14, 2014 - Check Cashed

June 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appt.

Timeline

Were you issued 221G at the interview or sent in mail afterwards ? & if it did, how long it took to get it ?

Thanks

We were given a 221g at the interview. We submitted that and then we 7 days after turning in all of that information we received another 221g for totally different information that they wanted. Ugh. Maybe its better to be in AP. I have a feeling that after we send in the requested documentation that we will then be put in AP. Well at least its not a denial right. Good Luck Lub2012

Timeline

We were given a 221g at the interview. We submitted that and then we 7 days after turning in all of that information we received another 221g for totally different information that they wanted. Ugh. Maybe its better to be in AP. I have a feeling that after we send in the requested documentation that we will then be put in AP. Well at least its not a denial right. Good Luck Lub2012

I feel you V+C. This is really stressing me out. I wonder if other VJ'ers are going through the same process at this particular consulate. It would be nice if some other members who have dealings with the consulate recently can give us some numbers regarding AP time line. I have heard they are taking anywhere from few weeks to four months. I know another VJ member's case took little over four months, but mostly cleared in around two months. Eiher way, this a little too tedious process. I wish everybody good luck & hope this AP thing is behind us pretty soon!

Just a happy couple!

Timeline

I feel you V+C. This is really stressing me out. I wonder if other VJ'ers are going through the same process at this particular consulate. It would be nice if some other members who have dealings with the consulate recently can give us some numbers regarding AP time line. I have heard they are taking anywhere from few weeks to four months. I know another VJ member's case took little over four months, but mostly cleared in around two months. Eiher way, this a little too tedious process. I wish everybody good luck & hope this AP thing is behind us pretty soon!

Just a happy couple!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We were given our 221g in the mail 2 weeks later. Like you, we were told we were approved, & the approval letter even said, "Congratulations! You are approved." The additional info requested was the same info that was provided at intake. We them additional certified copies of paperwork previously submitted. It has been over 2 months of waiting (over 10 months since I-129F submitted) with no word. Response to U.S. Senator was the same as response to me only a bit kinder: no reason why; no expected time frame ("each case is different"). So we call every week. And thousands of extra dollars have went into plane tickets, visitation, and spousal support. But, the good news is: nothing and no one can stand in the way of love. Eventually, we will prevail! Best wishes. Stay positive.

Timeline

Any updates guys???

My Fiance turned in the 2nd 221g with the info they are requesting to the Mumbai office on 5/25/12. Now we wait and see what they say this time. Hopefully we will hear something in the next couple of weeks. I hope you hear something soon about your case. Good Luck and Hang in there. ~Chrystal

Any updates guys???

My Fiance turned in the 2nd 221g with the info they are requesting to the Mumbai office on 5/25/12. Now we wait and see what they say this time. Hopefully we will hear something in the next couple of weeks. I hope you hear something soon about your case. Good Luck and Hang in there. ~Chrystal

Timeline

Any updates guys???

Hi, still in AP? We are :angry: Hope this will end soon.

USCIS

NVC
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows In Process, Fee was withdrawn from Bank Account. So,is PAID :-)
Feb 24, 2012 - IV RFE "Original Marriage Certificate" It was included. Waiting for supervisor to review Marriage Certificate (10 - 15 days)
Mar 20, 2012 - RFE Sent

Embassy ~ New Delhi
Jul 03, 2012 - Called DoS AP OVER, VFS's website says passport was handed over to Blue Dart, Waiting for delivery :-)

POE
Jul 17, 2012 - SAN DIEGO

ROC I-751

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

If DOS tells you they are working on your case then they are really working on it. If they tell you its pending AP, it means its just sitting there and you have to wait for your turn.... Its frustrating but hopefully we all will come out it... Cheers

Timeline

Anybody out of AP?

I am still waiting.

Somebody share some good news please!

Unfortunately not yet :(

USCIS

NVC
Mar 20, 2012 - RFE Sent

Embassy ~ New Delhi

POE
Jul 17, 2012 - SAN DIEGO

ROC I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.