bhunter363

Visa Acceptance

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and stepson had their interview Oct 12th in Manila and all seem to go well, but, at the end of the interview she was instructed to wait and return to a window when her number was called. When her number was called she received a document from the clerk, "Dear Immigrant Visa applicant, We are unable to complete the processing of your immigrant visa application (under Section 221 (g) of the Immigrant and Nationality Act) until you present the following documents: Here is the confusing part; there is NO CHECK MARKS indicating any documents requested??????? Also, at the bottom of the form it is checked at; WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US; We must review your case before it can be processed further. Please wait for a letter from us telling you when to return to the Embassy with the documents marked above??????? for another appointment. Has anyone ever received this document as descibed? Does this indicate approval of visa or not approved? Are the CO's allowed to indicate approval at the time of the interview? Is this a method to allow for additional processing time because of the many requests for Visas in Manila? I am dissapointed, confused and unsure as to the current status of the visa. Help.

BEGINNING OF CR1 PROCESS

11/07/05 Mailed I-130 to USCIS

11/08/05 Received at USCIS

11/10/05 Notice date (NOA1)

11/19/05 Received I-797C, Notice of Action

11/22/05 Sent letters to Senators, Representatives

12/07/05 Application approved (NOA2)

12/28/05 Trip to Manila, Philippines

01/12/06 Received AOS Bill

01/14/06 Mailed AOS fee

01/17/06 NVC received fee

01/28/06 Received I-864 from NVC

01/31/06 Mailed I-864 to NVC

02/01/06 NVC received I-864

02/02/06 Received IV Fee bill

02/03/06 Mailed IV Fee to NVC

02/06/06 NVC received fee

02/08/06 I864 Checklist generated

02/09/06 I864 Checklist sent to NVC

02/10/06 NVC received I864 Checklist

02/17/06 Received DS230 (Agent)

02/21/06 Sent DS230 to Beneficiary (Manila)

04/12/06 Received completed DS230 from beneficiary

04/12/06 Sent DS230 to NVC

04/13/06 NVC received DS230

04/24/06 NVC mails checklist to agent

05/11/06 Received Checklist from beneficiary

05/15/06 Mailed Checklist to NVC

05/22/06 NVC receives checklist

06/01/06 Case completed!

08/21/06 Case sent to US Embassy Manila

08/24/06 Received Packet IV from NVC

08/29/06 Packet IV sent to Emelie-Manila

09/01/06 Emelie received packet IV-Manila

10/05/06 Emeilie's medical exam-Passed

10/12/06 Interview at US Embassy, Manila

10/12/06 Case put on AR/AP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sounds like she is in AR/AP and the 221g is only a temporary denial for name checks, missing documents or further investigations on your case. I would email or call the embassy and tell them you do not know what documents are missng and see if someone just ticked off one of the wrong boxes. Once the AR/AP is completed they should contact her to come back to the embassy with documents they need, second interivew or to surrender her passport for further processing. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It isn't a question of a wrong box checked or not checked but an issuance of a form that does not supply information for the applicant to respond too. It would make the situation easier to comprehend if more information was included with this document. I am not sure if I would agree that she is AR/AP.

Sounds like she is in AR/AP and the 221g is only a temporary denial for name checks, missing documents or further investigations on your case. I would email or call the embassy and tell them you do not know what documents are missng and see if someone just ticked off one of the wrong boxes. Once the AR/AP is completed they should contact her to come back to the embassy with documents they need, second interivew or to surrender her passport for further processing. Good luck.

Mary

Also, whether this means anything, the demeanor of the CO was very positive! Again, my question is; if the visa is approved, does the CO indicate such at the time of the interview?

BEGINNING OF CR1 PROCESS

11/07/05 Mailed I-130 to USCIS

11/08/05 Received at USCIS

11/10/05 Notice date (NOA1)

11/19/05 Received I-797C, Notice of Action

11/22/05 Sent letters to Senators, Representatives

12/07/05 Application approved (NOA2)

12/28/05 Trip to Manila, Philippines

01/12/06 Received AOS Bill

01/14/06 Mailed AOS fee

01/17/06 NVC received fee

01/28/06 Received I-864 from NVC

01/31/06 Mailed I-864 to NVC

02/01/06 NVC received I-864

02/02/06 Received IV Fee bill

02/03/06 Mailed IV Fee to NVC

02/06/06 NVC received fee

02/08/06 I864 Checklist generated

02/09/06 I864 Checklist sent to NVC

02/10/06 NVC received I864 Checklist

02/17/06 Received DS230 (Agent)

02/21/06 Sent DS230 to Beneficiary (Manila)

04/12/06 Received completed DS230 from beneficiary

04/12/06 Sent DS230 to NVC

04/13/06 NVC received DS230

04/24/06 NVC mails checklist to agent

05/11/06 Received Checklist from beneficiary

05/15/06 Mailed Checklist to NVC

05/22/06 NVC receives checklist

06/01/06 Case completed!

08/21/06 Case sent to US Embassy Manila

08/24/06 Received Packet IV from NVC

08/29/06 Packet IV sent to Emelie-Manila

09/01/06 Emelie received packet IV-Manila

10/05/06 Emeilie's medical exam-Passed

10/12/06 Interview at US Embassy, Manila

10/12/06 Case put on AR/AP

Mary

Mary explained it well. You should email the Embassy that you do not knwo what documents to submit. If you gave them a phone number, they will contact you as soon as they are done with your AP. It is not unusual, so please relax.

It isn't a question of a wrong box checked or not checked but an issuance of a form that does not supply information for the applicant to respond too. It would make the situation easier to comprehend if more information was included with this document. I am not sure if I would agree that she is AR/AP.

Mary

Also, whether this means anything, the demeanor of the CO was very positive! Again, my question is; if the visa is approved, does the CO indicate such at the time of the interview?

No, the visa is not approved yet. They have to take care of the 221(g) first, then they will contact you and issue the visa. It happens to lot of people. So don't worry.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is pretty standard stuff really, its just that it is less common for a woman than it would be a man, especially a man from the middle east. I wouldn't be too concerned really, it should be over with soon.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.