Shari

I have a couple of N-400 Questions, please.

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And we live on the Gulf Coast in Texas.

Somthing we all have in common--the uncertainty of hurricane season each year. After evacuating for Rita (2005) and Ike (2008), I decided I was too old to pack up my life into my car and flee again. We moved 75 miles inland in 2009, a few days before our first anniversary. My husband has yet to experience a hurricane, but he did arrive in time to help me get the Rita damage fixed.

I haven't experienced a hurricane yet either. We had a tropical storm last year that was pretty intense but that is all, the worst part about it was that there was no notice, it just sort of happened. My husband stayed for Katrina and it's almost hard to believe the stories he tells! The damage is still very evident here all these years later. How about there? I would think about moving inland but then we wouldn't be near the beach. :o The beach is somewhat dirty here but there's something refreshing about driving alongside it. How are you finding it now that you have moved?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

And we live on the Gulf Coast in Texas.

:goofy: Wow! Nich-Nick, where did your hubby, and Rocks, were did you live in England? My hubby is from the north-west section in Cumbria in a town called Ulverston. It is beautiful there and close to Lake Windemere. :goofy:

Edited by Shari

K1 PROCESS:

04/08/05 . . . . Sent I-129F to TSC

08/31/05 . . . . London Interview - APPROVED

AOS PROCESS:

10/06/05 . . . . Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/06 . . . . APPROVED.

REMOVING CONDITIONS PROCESS:

03/03/08 . . . . Sent I-751 packet to TSC.

02/27/09 . . . . APPROVED.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

05/21/12 . . . . Sent N-400 packet to Dallas lockbox

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

I haven't experienced a hurricane yet either. We had a tropical storm last year that was pretty intense but that is all, the worst part about it was that there was no notice, it just sort of happened. My husband stayed for Katrina and it's almost hard to believe the stories he tells! The damage is still very evident here all these years later. How about there? I would think about moving inland but then we wouldn't be near the beach. :o The beach is somewhat dirty here but there's something refreshing about driving alongside it. How are you finding it now that you have moved?

Everybody was worried when I moved because I had spent my whole life there, but I am so happy. I have married daughters minutes away, a new beautiful house, and new places to see and discover together. The weird thing is going anywhere and not seeing anybody I know. It used to take me ages to shop because I had to stop and talk to so many people. I still lived in my first home that I shared with my husband of 30 years who died of cancer. Starting over fresh together with my Brit has been a good thing. We've got "our" experiences instead of my town, my cars, my house, my friends...if that makes sense. It made us more equal. The hardest part was finding a new hairdresser, nail place, doctor, etc. Takes some time to settle into a new place. We still drive 75 miles to go to my awesome dentist because I couldn't replace him.

The beach?? I've been so over that for decades. It's dirty brown, salty, and the sand sticks all over you. We still go to Galveston if we get British company.

Nich-Nick, where did your hubby, and Rocks, were did you live in England? My hubby is from the north-west section in Cumbria in a town called Ulverston. It is beautiful there and close to Lake Windemere.

Oxford area. We spent a several days at Bowness near Lake Windemere on our trip to Scotland. It was very pretty. I like lakes.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Everybody was worried when I moved because I had spent my whole life there, but I am so happy. I have married daughters minutes away, a new beautiful house, and new places to see and discover together. The weird thing is going anywhere and not seeing anybody I know. It used to take me ages to shop because I had to stop and talk to so many people. I still lived in my first home that I shared with my husband of 30 years who died of cancer. Starting over fresh together with my Brit has been a good thing. We've got "our" experiences instead of my town, my cars, my house, my friends...if that makes sense. It made us more equal. The hardest part was finding a new hairdresser, nail place, doctor, etc. Takes some time to settle into a new place. We still drive 75 miles to go to my awesome dentist because I couldn't replace him.

The beach?? I've been so over that for decades. It's dirty brown, salty, and the sand sticks all over you. We still go to Galveston if we get British company.

Oxford area. We spent a several days at Bowness near Lake Windemere on our trip to Scotland. It was very pretty. I like lakes.

:goofy: Well you girls need to come to the Alabama beaches - snow white, powdery sand. Lovely - though my hubby doesn't care for the beach; he would rather fish but for the carp fishing, we have to go to north Alabama for freshwater lakes or rivers. When my daughter and her family come down to visit we do go to the beach though and I love it.

Nich-Nick, maybe we are around the same age (or you may be younger) as you have married daughters. I turned 51 in March and have a 26-year-old daughter. She and her hubby have a precious 2-year-old daughter and are expecting a baby in November. My twin son/daughter are 20. My son and his GF have a nearly 2 month old baby. All my kids live in North Alabama and Keith has been trying to find a job up that way but no luck lately. He has a 23-year-old daughter and 25 year-old son in England. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:goofy: Well you girls need to come to the Alabama beaches - snow white, powdery sand. Lovely - though my hubby doesn't care for the beach; he would rather fish but for the carp fishing, we have to go to north Alabama for freshwater lakes or rivers. When my daughter and her family come down to visit we do go to the beach though and I love it.

I have been to Orange Beach, it's very pretty. We usually end up going to Pensacola so we can go to Publix and get picnic stuff. I love both of those places though, they're so beautiful. OB is usually a lot less busy than Pensacola, which is good too. :)

I'm from the west country. Love Cumbria though!

I was wondering, how do both of your SO's deal with the heat? The weather forecast says it feels like 88f, which is about as hot as it gets in England, for maybe 2 weeks. :lol: I laugh when people back home complain about the heat, they have no idea!!

Timeline

I have been to Orange Beach, it's very pretty. We usually end up going to Pensacola so we can go to Publix and get picnic stuff. I love both of those places though, they're so beautiful. OB is usually a lot less busy than Pensacola, which is good too. :)

I'm from the west country. Love Cumbria though!

I was wondering, how do both of your SO's deal with the heat? The weather forecast says it feels like 88f, which is about as hot as it gets in England, for maybe 2 weeks. :lol: I laugh when people back home complain about the heat, they have no idea!!

:goofy: Hubby HATES the heat! When he first came over I was living in Birmingham which is stil hot as it is only 4 hours north of here. We lived there for 2 years before he got a job in Tampa. He worked in a shipyard so was out in the heat, sun, and humidity all day. We lived there for 18 months when he got transferred here, Mobile. Mobile is just as hot and humid as Tampa was since we are surrounded by Mobile Bay. He is still working in shpbuilding and still working outside. We have been trying to find him a job north. Hopefully this citizenship will help too because he was offered a job in Wisconsin but after they realized he was not a citizen, they had to withdrawal because it was for a Navy shipyard. There are tons of those around that he hasn't been able to even apply for.

I visited England in May in 2005 while awaiting the K1 and it was beautiful over there then. We also went in December of 2010 unfortunately for his mother's funeral, but it was nice and we unexpectedly got snow the day before we left to come back. I wouldn't mind moving to England some day if it wasn't for my kids/grandkids but I also would miss the amount of sun we have here. I think without as much sun as I am used to it would depress me over there. Who knows. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.