crozhee

NBI, BC and Cenomar ??

11 posts in this topic

I've been wondering if do I need to get a recent NBI, BC and Cenomar not more than 6 months upon the interview date?

NBI is valid for 1 year, but do I need to get a new one, just in case it will be more than 6 months during the interview same as the BC?

Just want to hear some clarifications on this?

Thanks...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

you need to get an nbi clearance with alias and travel abroad purpose

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been wondering if do I need to get a recent NBI, BC and Cenomar not more than 6 months upon the interview date?

NBI is valid for 1 year, but do I need to get a new one, just in case it will be more than 6 months during the interview same as the BC?

Just want to hear some clarifications on this?

Thanks...

It really depends on the CO, some don't mind if it is over 6 months but they always prefer the new one, i have friends who had prob about NBI they had to get a new one and sent to USEM before they got their Visa, the Cenomar they always prefer 3 to 4 months old if you go beyond that they will ask you to get one again, but as I've said it really depends on the CO :) about the BC some don't care even it is old one, but just to make sure everything is ok just get new one if it is over 6 months old.

Timeline

It really depends on the CO, some don't mind if it is over 6 months but they always prefer the new one, i have friends who had prob about NBI they had to get a new one and sent to USEM before they got their Visa, the Cenomar they always prefer 3 to 4 months old if you go beyond that they will ask you to get one again, but as I've said it really depends on the CO :) about the BC some don't care even it is old one, but just to make sure everything is ok just get new one if it is over 6 months old.

Plus if you were married before or you did some changes on your name you need to get an NBI with a.k.a

For the BC, I've never heard of an expiration date for it. For the NBI, although it does state on the clearance itself that it is valid for 1 year, most consular officers would like to have it as recent as possible. Same with the CENOMAR - as recent as possible. I've heard of 6 months, I've also heard of 3 months validity. I'm not sure which is true, but if you can manage, I'd advise you to bring documents not older than 3 months.

Wait until you get your NOA-2 before you request new documents.

Plus if you were married before or you did some changes on your name you need to get an NBI with a.k.a

Yes. And also if you've had your BC originally misspelled, they would require you to have the misspelled name on A.K.A. as well.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i submitted Police clearance to NVC dated Nov. 28, 2011 but i was asked to send a new one, just send last May 18, 2012 . . Police clearance is only good for 6 months

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Date of the BC is no issue, but I would not go to the interview with an NBI or CENOMAR older than 3 months, I have read too many times on here of the CO requiring a new one be ordered... which me you sit and wait for your visa.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why take a chance on delaying your visa?

This should be your attitude, never take chances...

Good Luck

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

Timeline

When applying for your NBI if you tell them it's for a visa for the US they will clearly mark on the NBI for 'for travel to USA'.

Also I agree, 6 months is the longest I would think they would except. 3 months is even better. Neither the NBI or Cenomar are hard (Cenomar can be ordered over the internet, ours arrived 3 days later).

NBI has some kiosks where you can renew very easily, although I don't think they apply to the green NBI for travel. Ours took about 2 weeks to arrive. Once you have your NOA2, that's the time I would go ahead and get the NBI and Cenomar.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.