sofjennlauren

Hi everyone i need to know the next please

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

i and Jenn we are married almost a year :) ........

a week ago we called NVC to ask about our case, and so they do said its done and they are fallowing the case to the embassy here in Algeria, but we still didn't heard anything yet from them! since they always used to send us emails about our case.

i want to know when NVC will contact us?! and when i will become an email to have my interview!

sincerely

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

i and Jenn we are married almost a year :) ........

a week ago we called NVC to ask about our case, and so they do said its done and they are fallowing the case to the embassy here in Algeria, but we still didn't heard anything yet from them! since they always used to send us emails about our case.

i want to know when NVC will contact us?! and when i will become an email to have my interview!

sincerely

Don't worry, look at some timelines and you will notice it can take up to several weeks before a date is set.

09/2011: Trying to get my wife's birth certificate (took 4 months, thx to USPS)

14/02/12: Marriage

21/02/12: I-130 package sent.

24/02/12: I-130 package arrived @ Chicago lockbox

29/02/12: NOA 1 by E-mail

29/02/12: Contacted US accountant for IRS filing.

07/03/12: NOA 2 by E-mail - Your I-130 was approved in 7 days from your NOA1 date

12/03/12: File arrived at NVC

29/03/12: Confirmation of e-mailed DS-3032

30/03/12: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill by e-mail

04/04/12: I-864 & DS-230 fee bill paid.

05/04/12: NVC payment portal shows 'paid' status.

13/04/12: Sent out DS-230 & I-864 Package

16/04/12: DS-230 & I864 package received by NVC

21/04/12: Received Checklist for proof of of residency & foreign tax

25/04/12: Sent out reply on checklist

01/05/12: Telephone confirmation of a closed case!

11/05/12: Case complete e-mail and interview date

23/05/12: Medical

05/06/12: Interview!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sounds like you just completed your case. NVC does not immediately forward IR1/CR1 to the embassy. Have your wife call NVC to ask when an interview will be scheduled. If they tell her "I see your case was completed on May ? 2012. We schedule interviews during the second week of the month. Call back during the 3rd week" then you have nothing to worry about. (Calling before the second week is only going to get you the same response unless you're like me and just needed a reality check, because waiting was too quiet). You will get the interview confirmation in an email. .Good luck during your interview, read reviews and learn all you can about your wife. I laughed at your story "arguing and fighting". I wish you a happy upcoming anniversary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

yeah that's what NVC said it, they did asked first about a couple of pictures, and then they disregard the pictures and they sad to my wife that the case is done!

so i am just waiting to hear from them in an email, to tell me what the next! and the interview i am not worry about it at all, i just want it to be soon! its really hard for us to be separate, cause my wife need me as i need her, so that's why i want to be with and next to her soon! to make our life together, and have all the things we want to do them!

anyone have any idea when this interview is going to be??

Sounds like you just completed your case. NVC does not immediately forward IR1/CR1 to the embassy. Have your wife call NVC to ask when an interview will be scheduled. If they tell her "I see your case was completed on May ? 2012. We schedule interviews during the second week of the month. Call back during the 3rd week" then you have nothing to worry about. (Calling before the second week is only going to get you the same response unless you're like me and just needed a reality check, because waiting was too quiet). You will get the interview confirmation in an email. .Good luck during your interview, read reviews and learn all you can about your wife. I laughed at your story "arguing and fighting". I wish you a happy upcoming anniversary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.