jarta

Expediting EAC because K1 holder already has a job in the US

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I’m yet to pick up my visa but I have a few questions regarding my employment in the US. Here is the deal – after graduating from college and doing my OPT, the company I was doing my OPT with wanted me to continue working from my home country for them remotely. So I have been doing that for the past 2 years.

Now the problem is this, I know once I arrive in the US I cannot work for the company until I receive my EAC. From the timelines here, it seems it takes about 2 to 3 month to get that document. And summer is sort of the busy time for the company so I don’t know if they will be willing to have me not working for 2 or 3 months. Other words, I might lose my job.

So here are my questions -

1- I want to get married to my fiancée within a week or 2 of after arriving in the US, so that we can quickly file for adjustment of status. – My problem is that, getting married that fast, I THINK could screen marriage fraud to USCIS. What do you guy think about that?

2- After getting married and filling for adjustment of status, can we ask for my EAC to expedited on the grounds that I have had a job with an American company for some time now and this is the time that they need my services the most. And also explain to USCIS that, I could lose that job (I wonder if they care about me losing my job). - If this can be done, what support documents would I need?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is retarded, we married within 4-5 days of entry. It does not say anything about fraud or anything. The point of the K-1 is to marry in the USA. When you choose to marry is up to you.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I’m yet to pick up my visa but I have a few questions regarding my employment in the US. Here is the deal – after graduating from college and doing my OPT, the company I was doing my OPT with wanted me to continue working from my home country for them remotely. So I have been doing that for the past 2 years.

Now the problem is this, I know once I arrive in the US I cannot work for the company until I receive my EAC. From the timelines here, it seems it takes about 2 to 3 month to get that document. And summer is sort of the busy time for the company so I don’t know if they will be willing to have me not working for 2 or 3 months. Other words, I might lose my job.

1- I want to get married to my fiancée within a week or 2 of after arriving in the US, so that we can quickly file for adjustment of status. – My problem is that, getting married that fast, I THINK could screen marriage fraud to USCIS. What do you guy think about that?

2- After getting married and filling for adjustment of status, can we ask for my EAC to expedited on the grounds that I have had a job with an American company for some time now and this is the time that they need my services the most. And also explain to USCIS that, I could lose that job (I wonder if they care about me losing my job). - If this can be done, what support documents would I need?

Getting married that quickly is no problem, make sure you son't need a social security number in that state to get married...

You can apply as soon as you get married. It takes about a month/two to get the card- i don't know how much quicker they will process it. I don't think they will care if you loose the job or not to be honest-

Timeline

also YOU CAN'T HAVE a job in the US without work authorization- i assume you work for a usa company in ghana?

Timeline

That is retarded, we married within 4-5 days of entry. It does not say anything about fraud or anything. The point of the K-1 is to marry in the USA. When you choose to marry is up to you.

thanks...

Timeline

also YOU CAN'T HAVE a job in the US without work authorization- i assume you work for a usa company in ghana?

no my job is in the US. i work REMOTELY from Ghana. i am a network technician. i don't need employment authorization to work for an American company from Ghana which is my home country - i know this for sure.

also i already have a social security card

Edited by jarta

Timeline

well the ssn helps-

there are lots of other feeds about this on VJ- search around there are a few different processes listed- you'll have to decide which one is best for you.

Timeline

well the ssn helps-

there are lots of other feeds about this on VJ- search around there are a few different processes listed- you'll have to decide which one is best for you.

thanks! but i haven't really anything here that really answers my questions. i will continue looking..thanks once again

Timeline

thanks! but i haven't really anything here that really answers my questions. i will continue looking..thanks once again

I searched expedite EAD and got many routes people took.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Once of the reason to request an expediate is severe fiancial loss to an individual. Get your current employer to write a statement that they want to continue your employment as a US employee and have them write a date they need you by. Use this a reason to request them to expediate the EAD. It has both worked and not worked for others at about a 50/50 rate.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.