Jiajia

I didn't receive anything after I filed documents

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I filed ALL documents and forms to DALLAS, TX 75266 for K-1 visa on May 7th, but I haven't received any information yet from USCIS even though I filed G-1145 too. The package was delivered as I checked with post office. So what's going on? What can I do now? Call USCIS?

I filed ALL documents and forms to DALLAS, TX 75266 for K-1 visa on May 7th, but I haven't received any information yet from USCIS even though I filed G-1145 too. The package was delivered as I checked with post office. So what's going on? What can I do now? Call USCIS?

You wait. It's only been a week.

It could take a couple weeks to hear anything. And then even a bit longer before you get your NOA1 in the mail.

Have patience. You sent it to the correct place. It will get processed and then forwarded. There's nothing to do now.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The check we paid has not cleared yet either, Does that mean USCIS didn't process my case or they might miss my package even though the package was delivered? By the way, The address we filed to is P.O Box 660151, Dallas TX 75266, Is it right?

The check we paid has not cleared yet either, Does that mean USCIS didn't process my case or they might miss my package even though the package was delivered? By the way, The address we filed to is P.O Box 660151, Dallas TX 75266, Is it right?

It's only been a week.

Yes, you sent it to the right place.

It's perfectly normal for the check not to be cashed yet.

Seriously, relax. This is a long process. No need to stress yourself out a week into it.

A couple of weeks to get NOA1?? Why did everyone else receive NOA1 in 8 days as I researched on VJ??

It's not uncommon for people wait a couple of weeks. Sometimes people get lucky and hear news fairly quickly, sometimes they don't. It's honestly not a big deal. Your case will be processed. It was delivered to the right location.

If you sent it on the 7th, when did it reach Dallas? It's only been a handful of business days.

Relaaaax!

Edited by Coconuts

A couple of weeks to get NOA1?? Why did everyone else receive NOA1 in 8 days as I researched on VJ??

As others have said, it's very important to be patient in this process. I understand how eager you are to receive your NOA1, but here are a few things to keep in mind:

- Even though you signed up for text/email notifications, you may not get them. There's no explanation here, but it's really hit or miss.

- You could easily receive a letter on May 15, showing your first notice of action dated May 8 for a package you sent off on May 1. This would mean that your NOA1 was only received in a week but it took you two weeks to physically receive a copy.

- VisaJourney is a great tool, but it's only an estimate. Don't be alarmed if you're not exactly where other people are.

- USCIS tells you to give them 30 days. I know it's a pain to wait, but if you haven't received your NOA1 in 30 days, then you should call them. That's all you can do.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:clock: Relax!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

:clock: Relax!

:thumbs:

I like these quotes "everyone is getting in a week" and the like. Where did this come from? I got my hard copy in the mail 11 days from date of delivery. You sent it May 7th. It hasn't even been a full business week (mail doesn't run on Sunday, remember?). Add to that the fact that if you used express, it might have gotten there next day. If you used priority USPS, it might have gotten there 2-3 days from the date of sending. Add even more to the fact that people don't all live the same distance from Dallas lockbox.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.