7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sent my original I-29F on April 27th, with no tracking, priority mail through USPS. I haven't gotten any form of receipt that the it was received. No NOA1. I later realized I forgot to include the check, so I mailed another complete package on May 3rd and included a tracking number through USPS. I checked online at USPS.com and it was delivered May 6th. I have yet to hear from them via email or via text. I have not received any NOA1 and today is May 13th. Looks like everyone else gets their NOA1 within days and I haven't seen anything.

Does anyone know what could have happened and who I can call to find out??

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

USCIS won't do anything before 30 days have passed by since filing.

The first one will be rejected. Cash is king, and USCIS is his devoted queen, so to speak. :D So petition rejected since money order/check is the first thing to look for. Look for it in the mail, they'll return it.

The second petition.. Give it a couple of weeks in total before even beginning to worry. It's a long process, and already being frustrated isn't going to help you later on when waiting around anxiously. One thing is USCIS receiving the petition, another is cashing the check, assigning a case number, spitting out a NOA1. Has your check been cashed?

Good luck on a hopefully smooth journey.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your second petition has been there 1 week. You really need to wait 2-3 weeks to get an NOA 1.

Remember you are not the only person who sent a petition and they have to go through all the 1,000 others that came in before yours did.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I replied to the duplicate post you made in the April filers thread. As I said before, I really think you should have waited for the rejected petition to come back. The reason being is this:

I don't think it's like the application never existed. They stamped some kind of serial numbers on each of the sheets in my application. And when I check online the status of my application and it says:

"We determined that this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was not properly filed because you submitted an incorrect fee. Therefore, we have rejected your case and returned it to you, including all supporting materials and the incorrect fee. Please review the instructions on the rejection notice you received prior to re-submitting your case."

So I'm in the system! It makes me happy, (I thought my application had been lost in the mail).

In any case, best to be sure you don't have an existing status by contacting USCIS. Judging by this person's experience, his name and information were already in the system and had a status in spite of the rejection on the previous filing.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks for the reply, no they have not cashed my check. I haven't seen any evidence that they received anything from me yet.

But i'm looking at your timeline...and you seem to have gotten your NOA1 within a week of sending it...how come I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks?

I replied to the duplicate post you made in the April filers thread. As I said before, I really think you should have waited for the rejected petition to come back. The reason being is this: In any case, best to be sure you don't have an existing status by contacting USCIS. Judging by this person's experience, his name and information were already in the system and had a status in spite of the rejection on the previous filing.

I was going to wait, but I just knew that the fact that i didn't send the check would have caused some type of delay...how do I contact USCIS? Do you have the number?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the reply, no they have not cashed my check. I haven't seen any evidence that they received anything from me yet.

But i'm looking at your timeline...and you seem to have gotten your NOA1 within a week of sending it...how come I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks?

I was going to wait, but I just knew that the fact that i didn't send the check would have caused some type of delay...how do I contact USCIS? Do you have the number?

Because not everyone's timeline is the same. The guideline is 2-3 weeks for a notice of action, especially with how mail is and how far it has to go. You realize they have 30 days to send you any notice at all? they can take the time they want.

They have not even cashed your check yet so you wont be getting any notice at all until they do cash the check.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Look at my signature. I received NOA1 11 days from the day I sent it. The receipt date was not the day it arrived in my mail box. There is no reason you have to wait a week to 30 days. That is just the way it is. I can't tell you why some get theirs in a week or 2 and some get in 3 or 4 weeks. You need patience. You have a long journey ahead of you. You need to research too. This is the link to the USCIS website and contact information: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.