Dennis & Jean

CFO Orientation

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes agree with @ Frank and Racquel i was at the PRISM yesterday and evrything went good...uhm some interviewer asks for documents but not mine.. :)dont be scared just bring any document that you think theyre gonna ask from you

370418_1562884728_2125458315_q.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where did you get your informtion on the Cebu CFO being the one to avoid? My fiancee is 25 years od and the Cebu CFO is the closest for her unless she does the seminar in Manila while she is getting her medical exam done. Anyway if she goes to the one in Cebu, her mother will go with her. I don't think she needs any parents consent or advice since she is 25 years old.

At 25 she will need the parental advice letter.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

^^^ I'm wondering the same thing.

I'm also wondering if there were any red flags on their case.

Chinook completed her CFO seminar at PRISM and had no problems with them.

Based upon the reports I've read here on VJ, it seems that PRISM is the best place to complete the CFO seminar. St. Mary's would be the second choice. The CFO seminar in Cebu seems to be the one to avoid.

Where did you get your informtion on the Cebu CFO being the one to avoid? My fiancee is 25 years od and the Cebu CFO is the closest for her unless she does the seminar in Manila while she is getting her medical exam done. Anyway if she goes to the one in Cebu, her mother will go with her. I don't think she needs any parents consent or advice since she is 25 years old.

Fewer VJers attend the CFO seminar in Cebu, yet there always seems to be complaints about it.

However, no matter which seminar you go to, take along all of your documents, just as if you were going to an Embassy interview. Also, it doesn't hurt if a parent is there too.

Good luck! :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agree with previous poster--previous VJ posts seem to indicate the "hassle factor" goes up and down and/or alternates between PRISM and SMEF-COW (St. Mary's).

For what it's worth: Inday went to PRISM for CFO and had an extremely positive experience but observed others who did not at same session. Inday said she was glad to attend and did gain useful information. Fearing/preparing for the worst [due to previous VJ posts], Inday essentially went to CFO armed with all items/documents which were taken to the embassy interview plus common "gotcha" documents/evidences CFO tends to ask for under the "other documents as required" catch-all [determined by searching previous posts/threads]. Inday walked into CFO with three very large and full expandable folders; at beginning of counseling/guidance session, the counselor took one glance at the mountain of info Inday had brought and actually remarked "Well, it looks like this should be easy." Inday observed that counselors in some cases did act more hard-nosed to some of the attendees. However, Inday thought the counselors' attitudes were justified in these cases because the counselors seemed OK at first but got more stern when some of the attendees--particularly those who were younger--acted or actually were naive, immature or were verbally discounting their attendance as a waste of time [claimed they already knew the info]. Inday said, in those cases, those others did genuinely have a few things to learn and should have listened/paid attention. [And in those exact same cases, those attendees were not given CFO certificate but were asked to return later with additional information.]

So, maybe the hassle factor is a combination of counselor "personality"/attitude, attendee experience & attitude, degree of preparedness, including knowing the "gotchas," combined with a bit of luck. So, wishing all who've yet to attend CFO a bit of luck and wishes for a hassle free experience.

--RK

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I went to St. Mary and they didn't ask any documents from me. They interviewed me after their video seminar which was very outdated. I could still remember some of the questions like, how we met, my age and my husband's age, and his profession, took less than 5 minutes and then I paid for the certificate and sticker on other building. But I saw some women there that their interview took so long.

Just my opinion, if during the interview, you don't feel confident and you raised a red flag, I guess that's all the BS coming because they will ask for more documents.

My two cents about the CFO, it was really outdated and for me it serves no purpose. They gave you list of phone numbers and places to go in case something happen to you. But they failed to educate Filipino on what exactly they need to do if bad things happen. Like the moment they got here, as side from 911 and they need to know who to call in their specific area in case bad things happen. They need to have some money in their pocket that they can use to mobilize while looking for help. They need to let them know what steps in immigration they need to do to protect themselves.

During the CFO, they didn't even ask me what preparations I did if BS happens when I get, I was expecting they will ask me as part of their protocol. I am confident that I am marrying a great guy and I love him but it doesn't mean that I know everything about him. I still have 10% worry when I flew here in US. I brought some extra money with me to buy me a ticket going back home, just in case our relationship will not work (though, I doubt it, but still). But after few hours after I got here in US, and have the taste of great burger and onion rings with root beer, I must say that my 10% worries gone. :P:D:whistle:

Edited by adiiann

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those females at SMEF-COW and PRISM really are drunk on power and high on bureaucratic-crack!

As always the government treats citizens like they are stupid little babies, and need mommy government to tell them how to pee.

So they take stupid little babies that don't know how to pee, and put them in power over us. The applicants know far more about the US than these bureaucrats who have out-dated information and are envious of the people leaving for a far better life than they will ever have. So it is their one chance to persecute people they envy.

Edited by rlogan

I went to St. Mary and they didn't ask any documents from me. They interviewed me after their video seminar which was very outdated. I could still remember some of the questions like, how we met, my age and my husband's age, and his profession, took less than 5 minutes and then I paid for the certificate and sticker on other building. But I saw some women there that their interview took so long.

Just my opinion, if during the interview, you don't feel confident and you raised a red flag, I guess that's all the BS coming because they will ask for more documents.

My two cents about the CFO, it was really outdated and for me it serves no purpose. They gave you list of phone numbers and places to go in case something happen to you. But they failed to educate Filipino on what exactly they need to do if bad things happen. Like the moment they got here, as side from 911 and they need to know who to call in their specific area in case bad things happen. They need to have some money in their pocket that they can use to mobilize while looking for help. They need to let them know what steps in immigration they need to do to protect themselves.

During the CFO, they didn't even ask me what preparations I did if BS happens when I get, I was expecting they will ask me as part of their protocol. I am confident that I am marrying a great guy and I love him but it doesn't mean that I know everything about him. I still have 10% worry when I flew here in US. I brought some extra money with me to buy me a ticket going back home, just in case our relationship will not work (though, I doubt it, but still). But after few hours after I got here in US, and have the taste of great burger and onion rings with root beer, I must say that my 10% worries gone. :P:D:whistle:

My wife went to St Mary's for the CFO also, and didn't run into any special issues. She was very well prepared though with even more things than she took to the embassy. She'd heard all the gotcha questions and requests ahead of time. What confuses the heck out of me, is why they tell women to go the their local consulate. Why not tell the women to contact a woman's shelter in their area if they find they're being abused. Women's shelters are everywhere in the USA. My wife's local consulate is an eight hour drive away, and thats if she could drive! Its as if they think everything in the USA is like everything is located in Manila. Just hop the jeepney and run over to the consulate, yah thats going to work good in the USA. Heck a woman's shelter would probably help her get to the consulate if thats what she needed to do. But for most places in the USA to get there on their own is darn near impossible.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, maybe the hassle factor is a combination of counselor "personality"/attitude, attendee experience & attitude, degree of preparedness, including knowing the "gotchas," combined with a bit of luck. So, wishing all who've yet to attend CFO a bit of luck and wishes for a hassle free experience.

--RK

I think this might be the key...but hard to know for certain.

But after few hours after I got here in US, and have the taste of great burger and onion rings with root beer, I must say that my 10% worries gone. :P:D:whistle:

glad you liked it

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.