Dennis & Jean

CFO Orientation

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We were told that my Fiancée needed to bring the following documents to the CFO:

1.Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;

2.Duly completed guidance and counseling form;

3.If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)

4.Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and

5.Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

Her first Day:

My Fiancée brought the required documents but did not get her passport stamped.

The lady that handled her case said that she wanted to see actual pictures of us together and not copies. The questions that were asked were similar to the K-1 VISA interview. The lady also would not accept her parent’s official notarized consent to marry (completed by an Attorney in Manila). My Fiancée was told that her parents would have to hand write their consent.

Day 2:

Luckily her Parents just returned from the Provence to Manila. Her Parents hand wrote the Consent to Marry.

I called her Parents and asked them to go to the CFO Orientation with my Fiancée.

My Fiancée decided to bring our large document binder that she used during the K-1 Interview. It was lucky she did. The lady at the CFO Orientation asked her for my proof of support and proof of employment. Right when things seem to be over the Lady wanted to see my driver’s license. Luckily we included the license in the document binder. Then she asked for a copy of my Passport. Then the lady asked her Parents to produce their driver’s licenses.

At that point, I wish I was a fly on the wall! My future Mother in Law had about enough! Whatever she said it worked. The questions stopped and my Fiancée walked out with her Passport CFO certification.

Timeline

We were told that my Fiancée needed to bring the following documents to the CFO:

3.If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)

Her first Day:

The lady that handled her case said that she wanted to see actual pictures of us together and not copies. The questions that were asked were similar to the K-1 VISA interview. The lady also would not accept her parent’s official notarized consent to marry (completed by an Attorney in Manila). My Fiancée was told that her parents would have to hand write their consent.

Day 2:

Luckily her Parents just returned from the Provence to Manila. Her Parents hand wrote the Consent to Marry.

I called her Parents and asked them to go to the CFO Orientation with my Fiancée.

My Fiancée decided to bring our large document binder that she used during the K-1 Interview. It was lucky she did. The lady at the CFO Orientation asked her for my proof of support and proof of employment. Right when things seem to be over the Lady wanted to see my driver’s license. Luckily we included the license in the document binder. Then she asked for a copy of my Passport. Then the lady asked her Parents to produce their driver’s licenses.

At that point, I wish I was a fly on the wall! My future Mother in Law had about enough! Whatever she said it worked. The questions stopped and my Fiancée walked out with her Passport CFO certification.

did she get CFO sticker? after seminar you'll get CFO certificate and CFO sticker without the sticker she can't leave Philippines, the best place to get it done is at st.mary's they're not really strict, about the pictures of you and her they get one and keep it for their record, By the Way congratulations, you'll be with your fiancee so soon :) :) :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ye har ! YAR! One less thing to worry about !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Her first Day:

Day 2:

Timeline

did she get CFO sticker? after seminar you'll get CFO certificate and CFO sticker without the sticker she can't leave Philippines, the best place to get it done is at st.mary's they're not really strict, about the pictures of you and her they get one and keep it for their record, By the Way congratulations, you'll be with your fiancee so soon :) :) :)

I think she did? I will contact her now, thanks for the question.

Timeline

Her first Day:

Day 2:

What CFO did you go to?

Timeline

I am not sure the address of the CFO. It is in Manila. She is gone to Province to celebrate Mother's day and her departure on Friday. I will ask her when she skyps me.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another example of how out of control those folks can be at the counseling sessions.

"The lady at the CFO Orientation asked her for my proof of support and proof of employment. Right when things seem to be over the Lady wanted to see my driver’s license. Luckily we included the license in the document binder. Then she asked for a copy of my Passport. Then the lady asked her Parents to produce their driver’s licenses."

Those females at SMEF-COW and PRISM really are drunk on power and high on bureaucratic-crack!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Another example of how out of control those folks can be at the counseling sessions.

"The lady at the CFO Orientation asked her for my proof of support and proof of employment. Right when things seem to be over the Lady wanted to see my driver’s license. Luckily we included the license in the document binder. Then she asked for a copy of my Passport. Then the lady asked her Parents to produce their driver’s licenses."

Those females at SMEF-COW and PRISM really are drunk on power and high on bureaucratic-crack!

And most of the time they dont have a clue to what they are talking about, misinformation galore!!

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

Timeline

I flew for an Airline where most of the Pilots were Marines. I am just a 101 airborne grunt! Great talking to you! Some of friends ended up on the wall. I Hope that one day we will properly honored.

I am not sure the address of the CFO. It is in Manila. She is gone to Province to celebrate Mother's day and her departure on Friday. I will ask her when she skyps me.

If you go to the one on taft accross street from de la salle university, it peoples reform something or other. Then CFO office is not far, after orientation take a taxi to CFO, its on Pres Quirno blvd. not sure of the spelling lol. This is your best bet, they dont hassle you on the paperwork as much as the other place that offers the seminar.

Edited by Frank and Racquel

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.