karalynn1971

what are the chances for not having a/p

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

My husband is from Syria. His interview is in Amman, Jordan. I am just curious from other mena members, what are the odds that he will not get put in administrative processing after his interview?

Also, a question.....we discovered his name on his passport is spelled wrong. Will that be a problem for interview? Anyone else have this issue...I know arabic to english....does not translate exact...and there are many variations. All of his other government papers...birth certificate, military, police, our marriage cert all spell it the way we did on all of his forms. But his passport has it spelled different!

Should we worry....any advice?

9/21/11 - Married in Syria
11/16/11 - Fedex I-130
11/17/11 - Received at USCIS
11/18/11 - Text received from USCIS - papers received - sent to California for processing
11/21/11 - touched
11/22/11 - check cleared - Received NOA1 form in mail
3/9/12 - Approved!!! NOA2!!! 113 days!
3/15/12 - NOA2 received in mail
3/19/12 - NVC received - no case # yet
4/3/12 - Case number received!
4/4/12 - Paid AOS bill (in process) and completed DS-261 Agent form / also emailed request to transfer to Beirut, Lebanon for interview
4/5/12 - AOS bill shows paid!
4/6/12 - emailed I-864ez and tax info
4/9/12 - (rec. confirmation email)I-864 and tax documents received by NVC / request to transfer embassy denied
4/30/12 - finally received confirmation email aos/i-864 approved (case was held due to embassy transfer request!!!)
5/2/12 - IV bill appeared online - paid!
5/3/12 - IV bill shows paid!
5/10/12 - FINALLY submitted DS-260 and emailed all supporting documents
5/15/12 - checklist from NVC - needed different marriage certificate
5/20/12 - emailed other marriage certificate
5/21/12 - email received
5/29/12 - CASE COMPLETE! FINALLY!!!

6/4/12 - Interview Scheduled

7/22/12 - INTERVIEW! APPROVED! NO A/P. KEPT HIS PASSPORT

7/28/12 - Visa in hand

7/29/12 - POE Philadelphia!

Removing conditions:

5/5/14 - Mailed form I-751

5/6/14 - Packet received at USCIS Vermont - signed for by A.Scoss

5/6/14 - NOA1 receipt date

5/13/14 - Check Cashed

5/13/14 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/19/14 - Received notice of Biometrics

6/11/14 - Biometrics

12/10/14 - Approval Letter Date!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband is from Syria. His interview is in Amman, Jordan. I am just curious from other mena members, what are the odds that he will not get put in administrative processing after his interview?

Also, a question.....we discovered his name on his passport is spelled wrong. Will that be a problem for interview? Anyone else have this issue...I know arabic to english....does not translate exact...and there are many variations. All of his other government papers...birth certificate, military, police, our marriage cert all spell it the way we did on all of his forms. But his passport has it spelled different!

Should we worry....any advice?

No one will know the answer to your first question.

The second one.. did he list it as an alternate name? There were spots where you got to fill out any alternate names on various forms.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

No one will know the answer to your first question.

The second one.. did he list it as an alternate name? There were spots where you got to fill out any alternate names on various forms.

No, we did not list it as an alternate. I only realized it was spelled wrong after we completed the form, and he scanned in his bio page of passport for me. That was when I saw it! After it was too late.

9/21/11 - Married in Syria
11/16/11 - Fedex I-130
11/17/11 - Received at USCIS
11/18/11 - Text received from USCIS - papers received - sent to California for processing
11/21/11 - touched
11/22/11 - check cleared - Received NOA1 form in mail
3/9/12 - Approved!!! NOA2!!! 113 days!
3/15/12 - NOA2 received in mail
3/19/12 - NVC received - no case # yet
4/3/12 - Case number received!
4/4/12 - Paid AOS bill (in process) and completed DS-261 Agent form / also emailed request to transfer to Beirut, Lebanon for interview
4/5/12 - AOS bill shows paid!
4/6/12 - emailed I-864ez and tax info
4/9/12 - (rec. confirmation email)I-864 and tax documents received by NVC / request to transfer embassy denied
4/30/12 - finally received confirmation email aos/i-864 approved (case was held due to embassy transfer request!!!)
5/2/12 - IV bill appeared online - paid!
5/3/12 - IV bill shows paid!
5/10/12 - FINALLY submitted DS-260 and emailed all supporting documents
5/15/12 - checklist from NVC - needed different marriage certificate
5/20/12 - emailed other marriage certificate
5/21/12 - email received
5/29/12 - CASE COMPLETE! FINALLY!!!

6/4/12 - Interview Scheduled

7/22/12 - INTERVIEW! APPROVED! NO A/P. KEPT HIS PASSPORT

7/28/12 - Visa in hand

7/29/12 - POE Philadelphia!

Removing conditions:

5/5/14 - Mailed form I-751

5/6/14 - Packet received at USCIS Vermont - signed for by A.Scoss

5/6/14 - NOA1 receipt date

5/13/14 - Check Cashed

5/13/14 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/19/14 - Received notice of Biometrics

6/11/14 - Biometrics

12/10/14 - Approval Letter Date!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No, we did not list it as an alternate. I only realized it was spelled wrong after we completed the form, and he scanned in his bio page of passport for me. That was when I saw it! After it was too late.

E-mail Amman and ask them what they want you to do. (ETA it's probably better you point it out before they bring it to your attention).

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.