dbennett623

DCF PERU from other countries

6 posts in this topic

I have an important question. I have been reading this site for quite a while.........and now I am starting the process for myself and so I decided it is time I joined to contribute to others. I was reading a post by Chilegringa a few weeks ago Link to her post. In the post she talked about how she wants to DCF in Chile. Someone said no you cant. Chile doesnt have a USCIS Field office which is true.

I find myself in the same situation. I am about to be married this coming month to my wonderful fiance. I have been living in Argentina for almost 2 years now. When we first started our visa process we were let down by the long processing times of the K-series visa. So we tried to get a tourist visa( she had to come back to Argentina for a family thing anyways) and the idea was that she travels to the US with me, we apply for the K1 while shes there and then she comes back and waits until it is approved. Well we went to Buenos Aries and the tourist visa was rejected for lack of ties to Argentia. Bummer.

Fast forward 3 months and we have a new approach. As we will be married we can now apply for the CR1 visa. We still do not want to wait and so we want to do it as quickly and effciently as possible. DCF. The question I have that no one seems to talk about is if you can file for DCF in another country. The offical page of the USCIS field office in Peru says the following.......

"The Lima Field Office has jurisdiction over immigration benefits and services in the following countries: Peru, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay."

If that is the case. Can people in situations similar.......ALL THE PEOPLE IN ARGENTINA BOLIVA BRAZIL PARAGUAY AND URUGUAY.....Can we DCF in Peru? I sure hope so. I called the other day to see.......but I have to call back at another time. The woman told me it shouldnt be a problems as we are citizens of a Country that is below the jurisdiction of the Peru Field office. Can anyone confirm this..........Thanks a lot. Hopefully this will be of use to others.

USCIS

05-24-2012 -- Married

06-04-2012 -- I-130 sent

07-19-2012 -- Called worried.....I-130 rejected for unknown reasons called "OTHER"

08-08-2012 -- Case mailed to Chicago Lockbox AGAIN

08-18-2012 -- Received NOA1 email for 130!!!!

XX-XX-2012 -- Touched

XX-XX-2012 -- I-130 NOA1 physically received in the mail

XX-XX-2012 -- I-130 NOA2 approved

NVC

XX-XX-2012 -- NVC received

XX-XX-2012 -- Case # received; Exchanged emails; IIN # received

XX-XX-2012 -- DS-3032 sent via email

XX-XX-2012 -- Received DS-3032 and AOS bill via emails; AOS fee paid online

XX-XX-2012 -- DS-3032 accepted; AOS status: PAID

XX-XX-2012 -- AOS mailed; Received IV bill via email; IV fee paid online

XX-XX-2012 -- IV status: PAID

XX-XX-2012 -- IV mailed

XX-XX-2012 -- AOS reviewed

XX-XX-2012 -- Case completed

XX-XX-2012 -- Interview date assigned

U.S. Embassy

XX-XX-2012 -- Case received

XX-XX-2012 -- Medical checkup

XX-XX-2012 -- Interview; Result:

XX-XX-2012 -- Visa received

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Sorry my friend but you can't file DCF in Peru for your spouse. It's not available in Argentina either. I was living with my spouse in Buenos Aires for 10 months and I just came back home at the end of March. We filed our petition on January 13 and are still waiting on approval. The only suggestion I have for fast approval is that if your going to file while in Argentina, use the Argentina address not your U.S address. Since January, petitioner who filed from abroad and used their aboard address got approved in as little as seven days. If you do more research on the website you can see the trend. I didn't get so lucky since I used my U.S address because I came to Argentina as a tourist and had no visa

129.gif

"I believe that were there is great love,there always miracles"

What are they trying to say then when they say........The Lima Field Office has jurisdiction over immigration benefits and services in the following countries: Peru, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay. Thats what I dont understand. If they have jurisdiction why can I not go there and do it! I really cannot wait anymore to go back to the US. I have a visa to live here.....and residency If I want through my wife...but we are ready to go. I could only hope it would be 7 days!

USCIS

05-24-2012 -- Married

06-04-2012 -- I-130 sent

07-19-2012 -- Called worried.....I-130 rejected for unknown reasons called "OTHER"

XX-XX-2012 -- Touched

NVC

XX-XX-2012 -- IV mailed

U.S. Embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You do not reside in a country with a public counter presence. So you would file through the Chicago lockbox. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/immigrants_5254.html

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

What are they trying to say then when they say........The Lima Field Office has jurisdiction over immigration benefits and services in the following countries: Peru, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay. Thats what I dont understand. If they have jurisdiction why can I not go there and do it! I really cannot wait anymore to go back to the US. I have a visa to live here.....and residency If I want through my wife...but we are ready to go. I could only hope it would be 7 days!

I'm not sure but I went to the U.S EMBASSY in Argentina and they told me that you can only file DFC in Argentina if there is an emergency which has to be approved by them first. But you do have to send you petition to the chicago lockbox from argentina but when you make sure to use your Argentina address on the form not your U.S adress. Once they see that you are living abroad with you spouse, the approval process will be faster trust me.. Many people who filed from overseas and used the overseas adress got approved in less than 30 days..I didn't use my overseas adress since I had no visa or residency in Argentina..

129.gif

"I believe that were there is great love,there always miracles"

SADLY thats how it works. I was pretty misleaded by the discription on the website.....they got my hopes up. We are sending the cr-1 in the next coming weeks. Thanks for the help- Wish us luck!

USCIS

05-24-2012 -- Married

06-04-2012 -- I-130 sent

XX-XX-2012 -- Touched

NVC

XX-XX-2012 -- IV mailed

U.S. Embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.