sarahk316

Pending I-130, deportation proceedings, infopass appt TOMORROW. Help

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You r wrong, permanent residents can petition their spouses but they can't adjust your status until your petition is approved and you assigned a visa number. which take usually a few years. because there is a limitation on the amount of approvals each year, in contrast there is no limit on the number of approvals, for the USC petitions for their spouses. that's why you can file I-130 & I-485 concurrently. I am just trying to be more accurate.

:ot2:

I wish you all the best, and I think you will be granted the PRS at the court

Thanks, I appreciate it! Like I said I know what I did wrong and where we slipped up with filing etc, but nothing I can do to fix that now. Calling the customer service today to see if they know anything about the status of I-130. I will fix my timeline soon so that others can see this, from what I've researched there are a few people going through a similar thing.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Just thought I would update this for anyone going through something similar. My master hearing was yesterday, my I-130 was still pending. By some miracle the ICE attorney agreed to have the case closed and I can now carry on my proceedings normally.

Just thought I would update this for anyone going through something similar. My master hearing was yesterday, my I-130 was still pending. By some miracle the ICE attorney agreed to have the case closed and I can now carry on my proceedings normally.

There is nothing to worry about. A friend of mine was picked by ICE too, she got married to her now husband who is a resident ( not USC yet). She had a court hearing last year. The judge told her to come back in 2013 and her i130 should be approved by then. After the hearing, she had an interview with with USCIS and they approved her petition. By her next court date, her hubby will be a citizen and will be able to file I-485 then

So my dear, don't worry because everything will work out. There is always a calm after a storm. The journey might seem long but it's not gonna be forever.....:-)

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! You must be so relieved! :thumbs:

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Filed: Timeline
I also have many family members in England who I want to see and who I want to meet my little girl. We figured this would be fixed by now; I have relatives who are 85+ years old and I'm afraid they may never meet my baby.

forget ur relatives, focus on your baby and you. file i-485 immediately. that will make your out of status forgiven and then you will have some breathing room.

Edited by aayitrun

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.