andnico

need advise!!

4 posts in this topic

Okay so I need some help! My husband was denied K-1 visa in 2004 for admiting he had tried drugs b4. SO now that we are in the middle of the I-130 process .I am confused as if at the medical exam he should just say no or what? And then if the officer at the intreview will be ask him why did you say in 2004 you had tried it and now you have not? I am just dont want to be in the same boat as last time!!! Any suggestions!!:blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

everyone here will tell you not to lie, ever, to an immigration officer (which could equal ban, but then so can drug use).

Drugs are a big no no in immgration. I would imagine the officer at the interview would know some details of beneficiary's previous visa attempt (esp in case of denial).

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You need to tell the truth, because while trying drugs is bad, if he lies it's missrepresentation and a lifetime ban. They have a record of his previous attempt so will kn ow he tried drugs.

Did he attend any rehab program, can he prove he's been clean since 2004? What kind of drugs?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

You need to tell the truth, because while trying drugs is bad, if he lies it's missrepresentation and a lifetime ban. They have a record of his previous attempt so will kn ow he tried drugs.

Did he attend any rehab program, can he prove he's been clean since 2004? What kind of drugs?

Well he did not do rehab just cause he was not doing drugs....he said yes to have tried it b4. I think (my hubby is working) it was marajuana! When we got denied they gave us a letter that stated the 3 yr baned, but that is all it said! My worrie is if at the medical he says yes again we will be denied and if he says no then the officer might ak why yes in 2004 and now you,ve never tried it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.