John and Anna

travel thru germany on K1

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Can anyone tell me if there is any problem with flight connection thur Germany(frankfurt) on k1 visa to US?

Thanks in advance

Found my own answer here

http://www.germany.info/relaunch/info/cons...ountrylist.html

Edited by John and Anna

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can anyone tell me if there is any problem with flight connection thur Germany(frankfurt) on k1 visa to US?

Thanks in advance

Found my own answer here

For anyone who has this same question in general. Delta airlines has a neat little tool. You select the country of citizenship, connection country and destination country and it shows you the visa requirements.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

YMMV

Thanks in advance

Found my own answer here

For anyone who has this same question in general. Delta airlines has a neat little tool. You select the country of citizenship, connection country and destination country and it shows you the visa requirements.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

I actually found that Delta site helpful, I was worried that Olga may need a transit visa in South Korea...she doesn't since she will be holding a US visa and traveling TO the US from South Korea! :)

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

The problem occurs if a flight is delayed or the connecting flight is the next day or longer. Without a valid tourist visa from Germany or any country the airport is located in, your fiancee cannot leave the secured area of the airport and get a hotel room.

Whereas a US citizen can leave the airport in countries we have a VWP (Visa Waiver Program) agreement with, your Russian fiancee cannot do this without a tourist visa from those countries. A US fiancee visa does not allow your fiancee to leave the airport and enter Germany, France, UK, etc. to stay overnight in a hotel. They are not US citizens and do not qualify for VWP.

My wife (then fiancee) and her daughter flew from Moscow to Frankfurt to Houston. I made sure the layover in Frankfurt between flights was short enough that they would not need a German hotel / German tourist visa (which is almost impossible for a Russian to get).

Russians do not need a German transit visa to transfer to a connecting flight to the USA through Germany. They just cannot leave the airport.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
The problem occurs if a flight is delayed or the connecting flight is the next day or longer. Without a valid tourist visa from Germany or any country the airport is located in, your fiancee cannot leave the secured area of the airport and get a hotel room.

Whereas a US citizen can leave the airport in countries we have a VWP (Visa Waiver Program) agreement with, your Russian fiancee cannot do this without a tourist visa from those countries. A US fiancee visa does not allow your fiancee to leave the airport and enter Germany, France, UK, etc. to stay overnight in a hotel. They are not US citizens and do not qualify for VWP.

My wife (then fiancee) and her daughter flew from Moscow to Frankfurt to Houston. I made sure the layover in Frankfurt between flights was short enough that they would not need a German hotel / German tourist visa (which is almost impossible for a Russian to get).

Russians do not need a German transit visa to transfer to a connecting flight to the USA through Germany. They just cannot leave the airport.

That pretty much clears it up

Thanks!

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.