Gina & Johann

How are you getting your friends and fam to your wedding??

8 posts in this topic

Okay ... I am having a bit of wedding planning anxiety. Three people who are very important to us and in our wedding party do not have visitors visas as of yet, and they are very hard to get these days in Trinidad. We can't do invitations yet because we don't want to set a date as everything with this process is so up in the air. It takes 3 months to get a visitors visa, but we don't know what to do to be able to get them here ...... anyone else experiencing this??? With all of the drama with our visa, you would think that would be enough stress. AHHHH ... who ever knew it could be so difficult to unite in a celebration of love. Oh Lord hear our prayers and help us, please.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Gina-

hang in there and try not to get to worked up.. at least thats what i am telling myself... my fiance and i r getting married by a J.P at a reception site. i am still having my bestfriend sing at my wedding even. its going to be a 4 or 5pm wedding and then right into the reception and dance.. with your friends that have to get visitor visas i would suggest getting married by a J.P. and then plan the big wedding at a later date. i know that is hard to do. but just think u will have two annivaries...lol.. all i can say is best of luck and i hope u get some real good ideas. best wishes!!!!!

Okay ... I am having a bit of wedding planning anxiety. Three people who are very important to us and in our wedding party do not have visitors visas as of yet, and they are very hard to get these days in Trinidad. We can't do invitations yet because we don't want to set a date as everything with this process is so up in the air. It takes 3 months to get a visitors visa, but we don't know what to do to be able to get them here ...... anyone else experiencing this??? With all of the drama with our visa, you would think that would be enough stress. AHHHH ... who ever knew it could be so difficult to unite in a celebration of love. Oh Lord hear our prayers and help us, please.

AOS

02/06/2007 - sent AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/14/2007 - fees came through the bank, it's rolling!!

02/20/2007 - letter for Biometrics appointment on 03/01/2007

03/01/2007 - Biometrics appointment was painless

03/10/2007 - NOA1 AOS was transferred to CSC!!!!

03/28/2007 - touched AOS

03/29/2007 - touched AOS

04/06/2007 - welcoming letter (by email)

04/11/2007 - AOS approval (by email)

04/12/2007 - 2yr. green card in hand...omg!!

06/29/2007 - bought our new house

Mr. & Mrs. Otman Elaroussi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm going through the same anxiety. My fiance is from Brazil. We're going to try and fly her parents up for the wedding, but so far I haven't been able to get much advice on how to go about this. I think a lot depends on the embassy and even the person doing the interview.

I let you know if I'm able to get any decent advice. Please do likewise.

Matt

10/20/2006 Sent I-129F!!!

10/24/2006 NOA1

10/26/2006 Check Cashed

10/28/2006 Touched

01/18/2007 Touched

01/18/2007 NOA2!!!

01/22/2007 Recieved NOA2 by mail

02/08/2007 Petition arrived at Rio consulate

02/15/2007 Received packet 3

02/17/2007 Consulate receives packet 3

Thank you to both of you!!!

It is a good idea to do the whole marriage by the JP then a big wedding later, however; my family threw a bit of a fit about that. They are a big time traditional Italian family. I wish I could do that, but oh well.

Matt ... definitely keep me posted and I will do the same! I wrote my lawyer about it, and I am assuming that I will hear some good advice from him, so I will keep you posted. Thanks again guys!

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is a good idea to do the whole marriage by the JP then a big wedding later, however; my family threw a bit of a fit about that. They are a big time traditional Italian family. I wish I could do that, but oh well.

Matt ... definitely keep me posted and I will do the same! I wrote my lawyer about it, and I am assuming that I will hear some good advice from him, so I will keep you posted. Thanks again guys!

hey gina just wondering if you could set the wedding at about 80 days from when he enters and this way u can mail all our friends from out of the U S the invites as soon as he gets his visa in hand and then this way they will get the invite and hopefully get there visa in time for your wedding... just another thought, my fiances one brother will need a visa and as soon as he has this k-1 visa the invite will be mailed to his brother so he can hopefully get his visa to come to the wedding!!!! i am printing my own invites and leaving the date and time and place out and then will put print it on a clear addy lables and slapping them on the invites and out the door they go.... just another idea!!!

good luck!!

AOS

02/06/2007 - sent AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/14/2007 - fees came through the bank, it's rolling!!

02/20/2007 - letter for Biometrics appointment on 03/01/2007

03/01/2007 - Biometrics appointment was painless

03/10/2007 - NOA1 AOS was transferred to CSC!!!!

03/28/2007 - touched AOS

03/29/2007 - touched AOS

04/06/2007 - welcoming letter (by email)

04/11/2007 - AOS approval (by email)

04/12/2007 - 2yr. green card in hand...omg!!

06/29/2007 - bought our new house

Mr. & Mrs. Otman Elaroussi

hey gina just wondering if you could set the wedding at about 80 days from when he enters and this way u can mail all our friends from out of the U S the invites as soon as he gets his visa in hand and then this way they will get the invite and hopefully get there visa in time for your wedding... just another thought, my fiances one brother will need a visa and as soon as he has this k-1 visa the invite will be mailed to his brother so he can hopefully get his visa to come to the wedding!!!! i am printing my own invites and leaving the date and time and place out and then will put print it on a clear addy lables and slapping them on the invites and out the door they go.... just another idea!!!

good luck!!

That is an excellent idea, but we are actually trying to work around our desired wedding date. We are really aiming for March 17th, and that is looking pretty realistic for us. Our packet 3 was just mailed out yesterday, so as long as everything runs smooth we are in good shape. I wish we could do what you suggest, but we are trying so hard to accomodate everyone else which I know I shouldn't do, but I always fall guilty. Example ... his sister is in school in Canada and we are trying to get her to be there and work around her schedule, our parents work schedules are tough, so we are trying to work around them ... anyhow I am just praying that it all sorts out. Thank you so much for the tips though! If all else fails, I will take your advice.

picture051ay0.th.jpg

- Rozina Hasham

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

knowing it was going to be impossible to bring family here, we are having a HUGE prewedding reception where both of us will wear the wedding attire the week before the actual wedding in the states. We fly back to the states after this reception and are having a simple ceremony for all of the local friends here.

That way all her family and friends can take pictures and have the memories of her in the wedding dress.

.oO - Jake & Kathe - Oo.

the significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them - Einstein

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Guys:

Tourist visas as you know already, take a while to process, and the information you need to process them is on the embassy’s website. So if I were you, I would start telling family and friends that they need to get tourist visas to come to the wedding, for that you don’t need to plan around any dates. As far as planning your big date, just pick your date. Everyone else should work around your big day, not the other way around!!... another advice (though no one asked me … I know). Have fun planning your wedding, so later on you can remember it as a nice period in your life.

Good luck with your visa interviews, wedding planning and bringing your loved ones..

Ana

Our visa Journey ~~~~ 226 days

Removing Conditions on ~~~ May 2008

Our first anniversary ~~~ November 12, 2006

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.