jr10

NVC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi visa journey! Can anybody answer my question.... I called NVC today may 7, 2012 to ask if they receive my aprove petition from USCIS.. The NVC said, they received my aprove petition already but they didn't yet send my aprove petition to manila consulate( my fiancee's country).. The NVC give me a case number.. My question is, can my fiancee buy a visa now while waiting the aprove petition from NVC to arrived in my fiancee's consulate country? Is that ok or i need to wait to arrived my aprove petition from NVC to my fiancee's country. Any suggestion? I want to be ahead of time as soon as possible.. Thank you..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi visa journey! Can anybody answer my question.... I called NVC today may 7, 2012 to ask if they receive my aprove petition from USCIS.. The NVC said, they received my aprove petition already but they didn't yet send my aprove petition to manila consulate( my fiancee's country).. The NVC give me a case number.. My question is, can my fiancee buy a visa now while waiting the aprove petition from NVC to arrived in my fiancee's consulate country? Is that ok or i need to wait to arrived my aprove petition from NVC to my fiancee's country. Any suggestion? I want to be ahead of time as soon as possible.. Thank you..

The big issue with trying to obtain a visitor visa to the US is showing adequately to the consulate officer (CO) that your fiancee has compelling reasons to return back home when the visitor visa is expired. Those reasons my include, jobs, property, money, family. Convincing the CO can be difficult.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Or are you asking about paying for the K-1 VISA. If that is the case you still have a few more hoops to jump thru before the K-1 is approved. First, there is the medical and all the forms to be filled out. You will need to get a police report for your fiancee of every place she has lived since the age of 16. Then you have to complete the I-134 affidavit of supprt form will all the supporting documents. Then there is getting ready for the interview and submitted more evidence of on going relationship. Then there is the interview and waiting for the visa if approved. I would goto the PI subregoin of VJ and read on the next steps in the process for your Embassy.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

what i mean is, my case number for my aprove petition still at NVC.. very soon NVC said that they will send my case number with the whole I-129f aprove petition to manila consulate embassy in about 2-3 days.. my question now is can i pay a visa already while my case number still at NVC and very soon on the way to manila consulate?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, if you have your MNL # your fiancee can head over to BPI with her passport and pay the visa fee (keep the reciept it will be needed for sure), then wait a day to play it safe before going online to schedule her interview (they say 4 hours on the embassy website but rarely does it work). Remember to print a couple copies of the confirmation page from scheduling the interview. THEN you can do your medical.

Embassy website for scheduling the interview: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ Embassy letter with instructions (the fee amount is wrong now, but the forms and other requirements is still good): http://photos.state....acket%20_3_.pdf Read this letter a few times for sure.

You can pre-register online to save time when doing the medial, it first come first serve. http://www.slec.ph/u...#required-exams http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

The last thing you will need to complete before being able to leave the country is the CFO: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Hopefully you have gathered and sent all the documents that are required from the USC petitioner to your fiancee.

Or are you asking about paying for the K-1 VISA. If that is the case you still have a few more hoops to jump thru before the K-1 is approved. First, there is the medical and all the forms to be filled out. You will need to get a police report for your fiancee of every place she has lived since the age of 16. Then you have to complete the I-134 affidavit of supprt form will all the supporting documents. Then there is getting ready for the interview and submitted more evidence of on going relationship. Then there is the interview and waiting for the visa if approved. I would goto the PI subregoin of VJ and read on the next steps in the process for your Embassy.

Good luck,

Dave

:no: The medical is not done first. Police reports are only needed IF a person has resided outside the Philippines.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, if you have your MNL # your fiancee can head over to BPI with her passport and pay the visa fee (keep the reciept it will be needed for sure), then wait a day to play it safe before going online to schedule her interview (they say 4 hours on the embassy website but rarely does it work). Remember to print a couple copies of the confirmation page from scheduling the interview. THEN you can do your medical.

Embassy website for scheduling the interview: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ Embassy letter with instructions (the fee amount is wrong now, but the forms and other requirements is still good): http://photos.state....acket%20_3_.pdf Read this letter a few times for sure.

You can pre-register online to save time when doing the medial, it first come first serve. http://www.slec.ph/u...#required-exams http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

The last thing you will need to complete before being able to leave the country is the CFO: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Hopefully you have gathered and sent all the documents that are required from the USC petitioner to your fiancee.

:no: The medical is not done first. Police reports are only needed IF a person has resided outside the Philippines.

This is from the U S Embassy Manila Website:

STEP 4: Apply for the visa: After the applicant pays the non-refundable application/processing fee and completes the required medical examination at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic, he/she appears at the Embassy for the scheduled visa interview with all the required documents.

Edited by aam

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is from the U S Embassy Manila Website:

STEP 4: Apply for the visa: After the applicant pays the non-refundable application/processing fee and completes the required medical examination at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic, he/she appears at the Embassy for the scheduled visa interview with all the required documents.

.... yes, read what you posted originally you said the FIRST thing, and that step 4: it states AFTER you have paid the visa fee and then schedule the interview (if you think you don't need to get the interview scheduled before heading to St. Luke's good luck), THEN its the medical and after that is the INTERVIEW itself, not the scheduling of the interview.... so as said the medical IS NOT the first thing done.... the INTEVIEW is the last thing to be done in regards to the K-1 visa.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.