Dennis & Jean

Fed Ex to the Philippines

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent the final documents to my fiancée for her interview in Manila.

I heard about Johnny Air but elected to use Fed Ex because of their reliability. I sent the document package 13 days prior to her interview. The package arrived in Manila 2 days after being sent. After 5 days we started to get worried that the documents would not be released prior to the interview. I called Fed Ex several times to see if the documents could be released. My Fiancée also call the manager in Manila. The manager would not return her call even though employees at Fed Ex said she would. She was always on a coffee break or at lunch. After a couple of days I complained to Fed Ex. The Fed Ex manager finely returned the call. She was very rude to my Fiancée. Two days prior to the interview we threatened Fed Ex with canceling our $100,000 + per year account with them. The very next day the package was delivered.

The documents were in disarray and some of the Constance was stolen from the Fed Ex document package.

Warning: if you use Fed Ex to Manila, please go to your doctor "first" and get high blood perssure pills :rofl:

The good news is that she passed her interview and will be on her way to the USA this month! WOW!

Timeline

I heard about Johnny Air but elected to use Fed Ex because of their reliability. I sent the document package 13 days prior to her interview. The package arrived in Manila 2 days after being sent. After 5 days we started to get worried that the documents would not be released prior to the interview. I called Fed Ex several times to see if the documents could be released. My Fiancée also call the manager in Manila. The manager would not return her call even though employees at Fed Ex said she would. She was always on a coffee break or at lunch. After a couple of days I complained to Fed Ex. The Fed Ex manager finely returned the call. She was very rude to my Fiancée. Two days prior to the interview we threatened Fed Ex with canceling our $100,000 + per year account with them. The very next day the package was delivered.

The documents were in disarray and some of the Constance was stolen from the Fed Ex document package.

Warning: if you use Fed Ex to Manila, please go to your doctor "first" and get high blood perssure pills :rofl:

The good news is that she passed her interview and will be on her way to the USA this month! WOW!

Okay, I'm confused. What is "some of the Constance" that was stolen?

Was the package clearly marked as K1 Visa documents only? Or was there something else in the package besides your K1 stuff? Why was the document held up? Why was it opened in the first place?

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What contents were stolen? This is very disturbing the way FedEx operated. Is DHL more reliable?

And ConGraTuLaTions on her passing the interview :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. The package was marked "US Embassy VISA documents. I put some personel letters to Jean and other things like tabs, tape, and other supplies to organize the documents prior to the interview.

My Brother used Johnny Air to ship their documents. So far all the write ups on VJ are very positive.

Dennis

Edited by Dennis & Jean

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used FedEx twice with zero issues sending things to my fiancee. Sad to hear of such bad business practices... corruption has crept into everything it seems.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I use DHL and never have had a problem with them before. The only thing I don't like is because my fiance is from out in the provinces they have a specific schedule on when they go there.

Timeline

I think it became an issue when we requested why the package was delayed. I think the Manager flexed her athority becasue my second request included the abusive language that the manager used.

Dennis

PS: I should of just let it go.

I use DHL and never have had a problem with them before. The only thing I don't like is because my fiance is from out in the provinces they have a specific schedule on when they go there.

Timeline

In the USA we can complain if the service is not as promised. It is not that way in the Philippines. I just thought that Fed Ex Management was under the same work ethics as US employees. I have work with a competitor for many years. I am confident that the Manager in Manila intentionally delivered the package one day prior to the interview. The package arrived in Manila and arrived at our apartment 9 days later. They would not allow my fiancée to pick up the package even though the package cleared customs and was in their possession. This is against Fed Ex policy.

I used them on several occasion and the service was spectacular and went from my door step to hers in about 3-4 days. Is there something your not telling us ?

Timeline

DHL is much bigger in the Philippines than Fed-Ex. Here in the states I trust Fed-Ex above all others. In sending to the Philippines however, I feel much more comfortable going with the bigger more reliable company there.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2011-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-13

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-02

NVC Received : 2012-04-06

NVC Left : 2012-04-17

Interview Date : 2012-05-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-05-18

US Entry : 2012-06-01

Marriage : 2012-06-08

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 111 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

DHL has more of a presence in the PH than any other one but the local carriers. They also have more of a internation presence as well, thats why I use them.

It doesn't hurt that I am friends with everybody up at DHL here on Kandahar Airfield. So they let me know all the promotions going on, and even other deals as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.