jasal

Government Workers

102 posts in this topic

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Lisa, nested quotes for the colorblind, please.

Oh come on now :lol:

only for you, Smithy....only for you :P

Well I am glad we have LisaD to get us all an apology since I can tell you it was bugging me :lol:

Seriously I dont get it either... you posted it was not a big deal yet you go to the effort to write a post about it. If it is not a big deal why bring it up and why go to the effort of posting about it.

Cos I wanted to

Why not be honest about it

I was

and call the person on it

I did

and tell them you were offended and want an apology

I personally wasn't offended, but considering the support many have given MissLiss, I felt it was completely uncalled for!

or do you enjoy being a bit passive aggressive!!!

Very much so!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Btw this ? is a question mark...have you two met? ;)

grammartime.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ah I love this arguement. When you cant argue on substance attack the grammer and such. Kind of like when we were kids in the sand box, THAT IS MY PALE and SHOBEL so i am going to take them and go home.

An oldy but a classic......

Ah I love this arguement. When you cant argue on substance attack the grammer and such. Kind of like when we were kids in the sand box, THAT IS MY PALE and SHOBEL so i am going to take them and go home.

An oldy but a classic......

Yeah, cos the color coded comments as well as them being truncated for the colorblind didn't address anything you said.

Alrighty then! :lol::lol::lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

If the attack on grammar isn't acceptable, we could go after spelling instead!

Edited by CarolineM

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Free forum do as you like. Ask anyone who has studied how to argue and they will tell you that these sorts of attacks usually signify someone is desparate to react because they have no real way to counter the posed arguement. So please feel free to attack all the grammer and spelling all you like.

Edited by mrsushi66

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

First off, I'm not arguing, so that makes your point null and void.

Second of all, why do you need to study how to argue?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Free forum do as you like. Ask anyone who has studied how to argue and they will tell you that these sorts of attacks usually signify someone is desparate to react because they have no real way to counter the posed arguement. So please feel free to attack all the grammer and spelling all you like.

You addressed me and I directly responded to each and every question. Feel free to pretend to ignore that while going off on a tangent over the grammar comment ;)

Timeline

1 : to give reasons for or against something : REASON <argue for a new policy>

2 : to contend or disagree in words : DISPUTE <argue about money>

transitive verb

1 : to give evidence of : INDICATE <the facts argue his innocence>

2 : to consider the pros and cons of : DISCUSS <argue an issue>

3 : to prove or try to prove by giving reasons : MAINTAIN <asking for a chance to argue his case>

4 : to persuade by giving reasons : INDUCE <couldn't argue her out of going>

synonym see DISCUSS

Just so we are both on the same page as to what arguing is I have provided the above webster definition. Given that, arguing can be the basis for all constructive debate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
$20 on lisad

I see your $20, and raise you $20 :)

i see your $40 and raise you $60 :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The govt is full of people who cannot be fired.

Add affirmative action, and that is why 1/3 of all black people in the US who have jobs work for some level of government, and it is almost impossible to fire them. Women are almost as hard to fire. The work environment is so stupid that few smart, independent people can stand it, and those that can, get pretty apathetic after seeing incompetent "official minorities" get promoted over them.

Yes, there are good people in govt, but it is NOT the norm.

1 : to give reasons for or against something : REASON <argue for a new policy>

2 : to contend or disagree in words : DISPUTE <argue about money>

transitive verb

1 : to give evidence of : INDICATE <the facts argue his innocence>

2 : to consider the pros and cons of : DISCUSS <argue an issue>

3 : to prove or try to prove by giving reasons : MAINTAIN <asking for a chance to argue his case>

4 : to persuade by giving reasons : INDUCE <couldn't argue her out of going>

synonym see DISCUSS

Just so we are both on the same page as to what arguing is I have provided the above webster definition. Given that, arguing can be the basis for all constructive debate.

This is not debate...this is you yipping around like a hyper poodle. What exactly is your point? You got the answers from me that you were asking for....but now you don't know what to do with it...so run along before you put your eye out ;)

But since you like dictionary definitions...I put two below.

Sanctimony

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Sanctimonious)

Sanctimony is a hypocritical form of excessive piety, considered to be an affectation merely for public show. Similar terms are self-righteous, phony, and holier-than-thou.

and....

#######

Noun. 1. A woman's breast, usually applied in the plural, as tits.

2. An imbecile, an objectionable person.

3. A push-button. E.g."Come on, hurry! Push the #######, we're running out of time - fire evrything we've got at them!" [Orig. Military use]

Guess which number I'm thinking of! :o