Paula_am

My husband may be changing jobs after filling paperwork

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello!

Once again thank you so much in advance, your guys help is like nothing else ive seen before, so thank you so much!

heres the thing, we are about to send the paperwork, finally! but my husband may be changing jobs in a week or two to a better job, hes gonna have the same amount of hours and pay rate but remarkably better prospects and closer to home. is it a problem if the job information we filled in the paperwork is for the old job he had?

thank you again!

Hello!

Once again thank you so much in advance, your guys help is like nothing else ive seen before, so thank you so much!

heres the thing, we are about to send the paperwork, finally! but my husband may be changing jobs in a week or two to a better job, hes gonna have the same amount of hours and pay rate but remarkably better prospects and closer to home. is it a problem if the job information we filled in the paperwork is for the old job he had?

thank you again!

first, is it correct to assume you are using his income for the I-864?

do you also have a letter from the employer stating position and income for your filing or are you mainly using W2/taxes/paystubs?

you are using the word "may" change jobs, implying this is a possibility but not certain?

is it close to the income requirement or is that not a problem?

would help to know these before discussing if you should wait to file.

21/2 - received NOA in mail for all 4 (130/485/765/131)

23/3 - biometrics scheduled -> did "early" walk-in on 21 March

06/4 - received email update, interview scheduled for 7th May

27/4 - received EAD

08/5 - email: approval one day after interview (7th May)

first, is it correct to assume you are using his income for the I-864?

do you also have a letter from the employer stating position and income for your filing or are you mainly using W2/taxes/paystubs?

you are using the word "may" change jobs, implying this is a possibility but not certain?

is it close to the income requirement or is that not a problem?

would help to know these before discussing if you should wait to file.

Why would they need to wait if he is changing to a better job?

Besides, the I-864 is a snapshot of the sponsor's financial standing on the day it is filed. It's not expected to predict the future.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

+1 on above. It doesn't matter if he changes jobs as long as he won't be below the poverty line as a result.

The io will probably ask if anything has changed and you can provide the info at the interview, new letter, pay stubs etc. It is possibly they won't even ask that - as the last poster stated, it is a snapshot at the time of application. A lateral job move will have no impact,

July 2005 - met my awesome, hot, amazing love in Lousiana.
July 2006 - Married said love and moved to Canada.
June 2011 - Entered US to visit family, decided to stay.
Feb. 2012 - Sent paperwork to Chicago.

May 2012 - Received green card.

Day 0 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox - 02/27/2012
Day 2 - UPS Tracking Confirmation - 02/29/2012
Day 4 - NOA Emails Received - 03/02/2012
Day 7 - All Checks Cashed - 03/05/2012
Day 11 - Hard Copy NOA's Received - 03/09/2012
Day 11 - Biometrics Appointment Received - 03/09/2012
--------- - Booked for - 04/03/2012 (day 36)
Day 35 - Early Biometricts Walk-in - 04/02/2012
Day 44 - Received Appointment Letter - 04/11/2012
Day 58 - EAD Approval Online - 04/25/2012
Day 63 - EAD in the mail - 04/30/2012
Day 65 - EAD in hand - 05/02/2012
Day 77 - AOS Interview - 05/14/2012
Day 77 - AOS Approved!
Day 84 - Green Card In Hand - 05/21/2012

Not a problem. File as it is now. Bring an updated I-864 and supporting documents to the interview in case you are asked.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Why would they need to wait if he is changing to a better job?

Besides, the I-864 is a snapshot of the sponsor's financial standing on the day it is filed. It's not expected to predict the future.

absolutely, i agree on

- its a snapshot.

- not expected to predict future

probably good to file now.

doesnt hurt to ask some more questions as many people seem to have misconceptions or lack of knowledge around the I-864.

so "why would you wait" ?

How close is the person to poverty line?

OP mentions remarkably better prospects. (assming this means promotion and/or associated with pay raise?)

If the person is close to or at the poverty line, one would assume a letter from future employer stating "pay raise expected" would be better than no letter from the current one. or one that doesnt mention these future prospects.

i didnt say, "you have to wait". i asked for more info as I can only guess exact circumstances at the moment.

27/4 - received EAD

absolutely, i agree on

- its a snapshot.

- not expected to predict future

probably good to file now.

doesnt hurt to ask some more questions as many people seem to have misconceptions or lack of knowledge around the I-864.

so "why would you wait" ?

How close is the person to poverty line?

OP mentions remarkably better prospects. (assming this means promotion and/or associated with pay raise?)

If the person is close to or at the poverty line, one would assume a letter from future employer stating "pay raise expected" would be better than no letter from the current one. or one that doesnt mention these future prospects.

i didnt say, "you have to wait". i asked for more info as I can only guess exact circumstances at the moment.

How "close" to the poverty line doesn't matter. I've read this kind of commentary lately and I don't know where it comes from. All the sponsor has to be is "over" the threshold. "Close" doesn't matter.

I wouldn't bug a new employer for a letter. If the sponsor takes the job offer, he can go to the interview with a new I-864 in hand. Complete with paystubs. That's all he needs to do.

How "close" to the poverty line doesn't matter. I've read this kind of commentary lately and I don't know where it comes from. All the sponsor has to be is "over" the threshold. "Close" doesn't matter.

hehe, yes, so obviously close does matter if they are below :D

27/4 - received EAD

hehe, yes, so obviously close does matter if they are below :D

Which is what I said......... :blink:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed while my husband was actually unemployed. He's a contract worker, so there is always work, he just has to wait for it to start. A month later he had another job. They didn't ask us anything at all about it, I took all the information to the interview, told her we had it she said it didn't matter, what we'd submitted would get it approved.

Ashley and Woody (Samuel)

Arrival: 04/18/2011

Married: 09/22/2011 in New Orleans

File date: 12/28/2011

Received: 12/30/2011

Biometrics: 02/27/2012

EAD received: 03/03/2012

SSN application: 03/23/2012

SSN received: 03/30/2012

Interview: 04/24/2012

GC approval: 04/26/2012

Welcome letter: 04/30/2012

GC arrival: 05/04/2012

ROC submitted: 04/07/2014

denied "not properly signed": 04/18/2014 :ranting:

new packet mailed: 04/19/2014

Receipt notice: 04/26/2014

Biometrics Appointment: 05/19/2014 - reschedule request sent

Biometrics Appiontment: 05/29/2014 - they're on their game

Green Card approved: 07/14/2014

Green Card arrived: 07/19/2014

Naturalization process to begin in 2015

Which is what I said......... :blink:

ok, semantics. nevermind.

the OP has not stated how much money the sponsor is making.

if its not enough, than a later move wont make it enough either.

if the sponsor gets a payraise in the future (hourly pay increases after 3 months/probabtion) than that will be taken into account when looking at reaching the requirement.

27/4 - received EAD

ok, semantics. nevermind.

the OP has not stated how much money the sponsor is making.

if its not enough, than a later move wont make it enough either.

if the sponsor gets a payraise in the future (hourly pay increases after 3 months/probabtion) than that will be taken into account when looking at reaching the requirement.

Oh my goodness.

I'm not sure how you got to the point of inferring the OP's sponsor didn't qualify to begin with.

And future earnings after a probationary employment period? What has that to do with anything?

Methinks you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

ok, so bottom line for poor OP that has to read all this:

file now and bring documents reflecting changes later.

http://xkcd.com/386/

:lol:

27/4 - received EAD

Filed: Other Country: Spain
Timeline

thank you so much for the responses that was really helpful

answering question, better prospects mean pay raise in the first two weeks of work, he gets just as much money as on the job he has now, which is about 5000 a year over the poverty line. Hope thats enough but his mother, who worked or the government and recently retired is gonna be a second sponsor so i dont think that we will have a problem with that. I was just cheking that the empolyer changes from paperwork to interview but we will take another form to the interview.

I know this is a little off topic but when it comes to approving the paperwork how important is it to have conjoined bank accounts, life insurance or phone bills together? cause since i came here on a tourist visa i have no phone, or bank account (getting me in my husbands bank account is being very difficult because my visa has expired) or anything like it?

i have plane tickets, photos, emails, my visa says i came to visit my then boyfriend, etc. in the end i have a lot of proof of bona fide but not a lot of legal background, will this become a problem?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thank you so much for the responses that was really helpful

answering question, better prospects mean pay raise in the first two weeks of work, he gets just as much money as on the job he has now, which is about 5000 a year over the poverty line. Hope thats enough but his mother, who worked or the government and recently retired is gonna be a second sponsor so i dont think that we will have a problem with that. I was just cheking that the empolyer changes from paperwork to interview but we will take another form to the interview.

I know this is a little off topic but when it comes to approving the paperwork how important is it to have conjoined bank accounts, life insurance or phone bills together? cause since i came here on a tourist visa i have no phone, or bank account (getting me in my husbands bank account is being very difficult because my visa has expired) or anything like it?

i have plane tickets, photos, emails, my visa says i came to visit my then boyfriend, etc. in the end i have a lot of proof of bona fide but not a lot of legal background, will this become a problem?

You don't need a cosponsor. As long as you are above the line you are fine.

It helps to have some of those things if you at all can. Are you on his lease?

Make sure you have lots of pics, some mail or holiday cards etc. written to both of you - that kind of thing can go a long ways.

July 2005 - met my awesome, hot, amazing love in Lousiana.
July 2006 - Married said love and moved to Canada.
June 2011 - Entered US to visit family, decided to stay.
Feb. 2012 - Sent paperwork to Chicago.

May 2012 - Received green card.

Day 0 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox - 02/27/2012
Day 2 - UPS Tracking Confirmation - 02/29/2012
Day 4 - NOA Emails Received - 03/02/2012
Day 7 - All Checks Cashed - 03/05/2012
Day 11 - Hard Copy NOA's Received - 03/09/2012
Day 11 - Biometrics Appointment Received - 03/09/2012
--------- - Booked for - 04/03/2012 (day 36)
Day 35 - Early Biometricts Walk-in - 04/02/2012
Day 44 - Received Appointment Letter - 04/11/2012
Day 58 - EAD Approval Online - 04/25/2012
Day 63 - EAD in the mail - 04/30/2012
Day 65 - EAD in hand - 05/02/2012
Day 77 - AOS Interview - 05/14/2012
Day 77 - AOS Approved!
Day 84 - Green Card In Hand - 05/21/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.