nycfeng

For marriage-based naturalization

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

USC is not allowed in the interview, they can sit in the waiting room and wait for the process.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

must the USC spouse go together to the interview place?

No. I went and sat in the waiting room. It is not required to go though.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No.

Unlike other interviews, I don;t think it helps either (other than for nerves). I went alone, husband looked after kids.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

In my case they definitely noticed- there was only me and one other applicant (also female) in the waiting room.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I will take my husband so he can drive the 2 and a half hours to get there then I will let him take me to lunch afterwards....well, that's assuming I have a morning interview otherwise he can take me to dinner. :) He knows he will have to wait in the waiting room and doesn't mind that. If they won't allow him to wait inside the waiting room (in case it's crowded) while I'm being interviewed then he's prepared to wait outside the offices but still inside the building. We know the drill.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If I compare my stepdaughters' 9 minute 5 year interview with my wife's 45 minute 3 year marriage interview, stepdaughter didn't have to prove she was my wife's daughter or that I was free to marry my wife to bring her over here. Nor that she was living with me by bringing in our tax returns to show she was on our returns, not that I was a US citizen and legally able to petition for her. Nor that she was on my health insurance plan.

Sure would have problems proving we jointly purchased items together, when I purchased a car for her, just put it in her name, nor did she need proof I was paying for her college tuition. Nor did she have to prove she was the legal daughter of my wife for even being able to come her or that she had permission from her biological father to come here in the first place.

Thinking back during our AOS stage, it was more problems bringing her over here than my wife, but we went through all of that back then. It was the same with my wife, that she was free to marry me, but with plenty of proof that we were indeed married, paying taxes, buying joint legal owned property together, could thing that didn't want proof we purchased a toaster oven or refrigerator together. But if we did get a divorce, according to our state laws, she owns half of everything anyway with or without her name on it.

Must be the difference between the three year marriage and the free to do it yourself five year. With the latter, none of that proof is required. Stepdaughter did tell her IO her parents were in the waiting room, her IO had no desire in even saying hi. Same with my wife, had no desire to meet me, just wanted to see my papers. And really to me, a bad joke that after that long AOS and ROC stage, they insisted on going through all this stuff again.

I have always dropped my wife and stepdaughter at the front door due to bad weather. They needed a green card to get in. I would walk in latter, just said dropped off my wife, daughter or both. They always let me in to sit helplessly in the waiting room. Really a strange agency, suppose to be about family. But that word family is not even part of their vocabulary.

Just like Nazi Germany, let me see your papers is more like it.

Filed: Timeline

NickD I can sympathize with your feeling like you were somewhat like cattle being processed but in defense of the USCIS if they were to stop and meet and greet every family who walked through their doors the wait would be much longer than it already is for everyone. They are not there to make friends. They are there to process the interviews as quickly and efficiently as possible. Having said that, however, I do agree that some of the interviewers' "tactical medthods" leave a bit to be desired. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.