adelitarif

papers i need

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I didn't see she had another post. I thought maybe she was the Moroccan based on the username. :) Just curious - can you get those papers at the US embassy? Seems they would have to be obtained locally. At least the police record and employment statement.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You have to get ur employment statement from ur job & your police record from ur local police dptment. If your the USC you can't that stuff from here over there if you work & live in the USA

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

...you will need to request your police record from your local police. You would pay a minimum fee and they will send it to you most likely in a few days. Not at the consulate.

If one was previously married a paper that indicates you are now free to marry would be obtained from the embassy with a consulate stamp.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

hi guys im about to fly to morocco in couple of hours, and it happens i just know that i need to get a criminal record, a work statement and religion statement

im so worried, can i get those papers in morocco from the consulate??

please help me

From the U.S., you will need:

-birth certificate

-police records from states that you have lived in

-a letter from your employer stating your length of employment, salary, and position

-a baptismal certificate from your church. If you are Muslim, maybe a letter from your Imam - not sure if you will need this or not, but just in case.

-passport, of course)

I went to the US Consulate upon arrival and obtained a Letter of Eligibility to Marry. I paid a fee, I think now it is $100. I showed my passport and filled out a form. Took about an hour.

Then I took this to Rabat. There I met someone who helped me the whole day to do my papers. He took me to a market, to obtain a 10 dhm stamp and copies of my documents. Then he took me to a translator. While the translator translated my documents, I took my Letter of Eligibility to the Foreign Ministry to be certified. I went to the Ministry of Justice to obtain a Moroccan Police Record for myself. I filled out a form, and they asked me to return that afternoon to pick it up. I paid the translator about $50 to translate my documents. The person who helped me all day got a cut of this.

I spent the day at a cafe waiting for documents to be processed. Then returned to Department of Justice to get Moroccan Police Record. If you want the names and numbers of the people that helped me, let me know.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

yes it was $100 by the time I obtained it from the consulate in October and of course cash......When arriving I and another beneficiary doing the same for his fiance, was told they only do the paper with appointments. We should have made it online, but in my search ahead it was no where applicable online...somehow it is under a different wording and the nice man agreed it was not the easiest to find. Hopefully enough people arriving there without appts made them rethink the info placement.???

So I needed to go back again to the Embassy for the Eligibility paper. Make that appointment, I found once you find the area to make them it is fairly easy and gives you enough options for times dates.

You give good advice, Golden Gate!!! Wish I had the names and number when I went!!!

I was with my husband, checking ahead of my arrival..he knew of all the procedures and it still took a few days to complete the entire process.

I assume OP is already in flight... :blink: So she will learn this after???

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I just read this OP's other thread. Probably not a good idea for her to marry this time anyway, since she's only known him for four months online and going there for the first time.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

well, you just so happened to know. prior. so it's on you, still.

in the meantime - hey - no need to get married this trip - suggest you come back 5 months later, marry on the 2nd trip.

enjoy your time for now, learn all about each other, and

GOOD LUCK !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

well, you just so happened to know. prior. so it's on you, still.

in the meantime - hey - no need to get married this trip - suggest you come back 5 months later, marry on the 2nd trip.

enjoy your time for now, learn all about each other, and

GOOD LUCK !

Good advice. :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I would even say this: Don't ever let the consulate know that you had any intention nor that he proposed to you within the first few months of knowing you online. It is strongly recommended, as per the consulate site, that you should know your SO at least one year before making such serious decisions. It is easy to get caught up in the excitement of romance, but you need to move beyond that and show that you both are grounded and truly ready for a real relationship. Your actions should show prudence, preparation and steadiness, not whimsy and after-thought.

Based on reading several denials, I surmised that people who were denied had either had a proposal or gotten married before a year into the relationship. This information was passed on to the consulate through their secondary evidence of chats, etcetera, when they filed the petition. The consulate will look at this as a red flag and probably flag your case as suspect, and you will have a difficult time disproving what they have already deduced about you.

Look carefully at the warnings on the consulate site, and take heed. Especially if you are both caught up in the infatuation stage of the relationship, I would recommend taking the road of patience. All good things come to those who wait, and haste makes waste, as they say.

I knew my SO one year before I even took a trip to Morocco, and it was after I spent an entire summer on the second trip, and then another 6 months later before I petitioned him. All in all, we knew each other three years before he came here, and I really think this helped our case.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.