becca

What to do??

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey there.. ok I have a question but I have to explain where I am in the whole process...

I am going for my medical next week for my K3 and am just waiting on interview date ( which will be soon i hope) However, my CR-1 is at NVC being reviewed before the case is completed and sent to the London Embassy ( they said 2 - 4 weeks) so I'm not sure what to do!!

Once I have my interview for K3 and go to the USA what happens with the CR1?? is it still sent to the London embassy?? How do I get my greencard...?? I also wondered if I have the medical for the K3 do I have to have another one for the CR1?

its all a bit confusing I hope someone knows the answers!

Thanks for your time!

Becca

Rebecca & Jeffrey[br].png

115271070964697.gif

Hi,

I am in a similar situation, K3 medical just been done, still no word on the CR-1, despite numerous phone calls to the embassy!

As far as I understand it, once you have the K3, you still have to come back to London for the CR-1 interview. Everything still gets sent to London, the K3 just lets you wait in the US until the interview. As far as the medical goes, I think you can use the one you had for the K3, as it is valid for 1 year. At least I am hopnig this is the case, otherwise I'll be paying another £160!

Hope this helps, good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Becca,

You have two options and usually the review at NVC after the financial and the DS-230 are only a few weeks and then it is sent to the embassy. You can still interview for the K3 and ask for them to change it to the CR1 if it is at the embassy in the system when you interview.

If they do not have it in the system at that time you can still interview for the K3 get it and go back home and interview for the CR1 when it is is ready which some people on here do it this way.

Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Becca,

You have two options and usually the review at NVC after the financial and the DS-230 are only a few weeks and then it is sent to the embassy. You can still interview for the K3 and ask for them to change it to the CR1 if it is at the embassy in the system when you interview.

If they do not have it in the system at that time you can still interview for the K3 get it and go back home and interview for the CR1 when it is is ready which some people on here do it this way.

Good luck.

Mary

That's great to know, can any one tell us if you have to run around and collect all the police reports again and get a report from the doctor that did the medical?

You'll need a police report for each interview. (Not sure if UKers send one in to the NVC for the CR-1, Canadians do.) And ask your Dr for an extra copy of the medical report. The one in Vancouver gave me two for the price of one, and told me to keep the x-ray for the CR-1 interview in Montreal. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Also - I wanted to make a slight correction -- you don't HAVE to return for the CR1 if you come to the U.S. on the K3... you have the option of staying and Adjusting Status to get your Green Card. At least things are moving for you :)

You'll need a police report for each interview. (Not sure if UKers send one in to the NVC for the CR-1, Canadians do.) And ask your Dr for an extra copy of the medical report. The one in Vancouver gave me two for the price of one, and told me to keep the x-ray for the CR-1 interview in Montreal. :)

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Becca,

Good luck.

Mary

Also one can adjust his/her status in the USA after arrival with K-3 visa.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks for all the replies. the best senario would be if they got my CR1 stuff at the embassy and I can take the interview for that instead of K3.

Adjusting status in the USA.. Do I do that when the NVC complete the case for CR1?? I'd rather not have to fly back to the uk as flights are expensive as you all know.. Thanks for all support and words of wisdom!! lets hope we all get to be with our loved ones soon!!!

:)

Rebecca & Jeffrey[br].png

115271070964697.gif

Thanks for all the replies. the best senario would be if they got my CR1 stuff at the embassy and I can take the interview for that instead of K3.

Adjusting status in the USA.. Do I do that when the NVC complete the case for CR1?? I'd rather not have to fly back to the uk as flights are expensive as you all know.. Thanks for all support and words of wisdom!! lets hope we all get to be with our loved ones soon!!!

:)

If you get the K-3 visa and come to USA, then you can notify NVC that you will be adjusting your status in USA. Then NVC will discontinue your CR-1 process. You have to file I-485 and proof that you filed I-130 (I-130 NOA-1 or approval is fine) when you start adjusting status in the USA. Or you can wait in USA while your NVC process goes on. Once NVC completes your case and sends it to the Embassy/Consulate, you will be given an interview date for CR-1. That time, you can fly back to UK for your CR-1 interview. In this route, you won't need to adjust your status in the USA, as your CR-1 visa will take care of it.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.