17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Its been over a month since my husband pass his citizenship test and was ask to send in his previous tax papers b4 he could get a oath date!! And up to now we have yet to recieve any update at all when we check online is the same request for evidence we see there but we know the mail reach because we registered it so why have they yet to send any info back to us about whats the next step!!

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH SOME ADVICE WE ARE SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Its been over a month since my husband pass his citizenship test and was ask to send in his previous tax papers b4 he could get a oath date!! And up to now we have yet to recieve any update at all when we check online is the same request for evidence we see there but we know the mail reach because we registered it so why have they yet to send any info back to us about whats the next step!!

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH SOME ADVICE WE ARE SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!!

Don't worry! I got my email saying my application was placed on oath ceremony queue 1 month and 10 days after interview. Today, I checked online (also received email) saying I'm gonna receive my oath letter. So, wait some days, and if much longer passes call them to know if his application was approved. Good luck.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Don't worry! I got my email saying my application was placed on oath ceremony queue 1 month and 10 days after interview. Today, I checked online (also received email) saying I'm gonna receive my oath letter. So, wait some days, and if much longer passes call them to know if his application was approved. Good luck.

Thanx alot !!! Its just so hard waiting because we are waiting on his citizenship so we can fiel in my papers :bonk:

Timeline

Thanx alot !!! Its just so hard waiting because we are waiting on his citizenship so we can fiel in my papers :bonk:

Oh, I hope he gets it soon!

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

No we wanted to wait until he get the citizenship then we would fiel because it takes too long with him being a greencard holder :crying:

I think he could have done it and once he became a citizen your application could be upgraded. This is what happened to my friend's petition for her son (he's over 21), once she became USC her petition was upgraded, she told me this a few days ago. :)

I know how hard it is being far from the love of your life. I wish everything goes smooth for you guys. Good luck.

Edited by Lisa and Phil

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

No we wanted to wait until he get the citizenship then we would fiel because it takes too long with him being a greencard holder :crying:

Oh No. I don't know where you get that info, something is not right here. I am a greencard holder, filed I-130 for my wife. It's approved at USCIS and at NVC(F2-A) now. I am in the process of naturalization. Once I take my oath, I can update my case with NVC, and my wife case would be flying to the embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This board is not like sending a text message over a cell phone where you are limited to 167 characters including space. You can omit the shorthand and explain the situation to get more comprehensive answers.

First off, on what basis did he apply for naturalization, I assume since he is here and you are not, has to be the five year. And also are they asking for IRS tax transcripts? That alone brings about a question as to why they are asking for them, not required for the five year application. But are for the three year marriage. But that should only apply if he married a USC and if he wants to petition for you, that cannot be the case.

If he did not bring in the required evidence whatever his case may be, he is put back at the rear of the line.

Unfortunately applying for an I-130 takes a long time whether you are a LPR or a natural born US citizen, first the USCIS plays around with it, then they send it off to the NVC for even more playing around. A huge factor depends upon the country you are from.

This board is not like sending a text message over a cell phone where you are limited to 167 characters including space. You can omit the shorthand and explain the situation to get more comprehensive answers.

First off, on what basis did he apply for naturalization, I assume since he is here and you are not, has to be the five year. And also are they asking for IRS tax transcripts? That alone brings about a question as to why they are asking for them, not required for the five year application. But are for the three year marriage. But that should only apply if he married a USC and if he wants to petition for you, that cannot be the case.

If he did not bring in the required evidence whatever his case may be, he is put back at the rear of the line.

Unfortunately applying for an I-130 takes a long time whether you are a LPR or a natural born US citizen, first the USCIS plays around with it, then they send it off to the NVC for even more playing around. A huge factor depends upon the country you are from.

He applied based on 5 year residency. I think the reason they ask for his tax transcript is because he was not working from the end of 2008-2010 so they asked for evidence to show that when he was working he did file tax return. They ask for tax transcript for 2006-2008 but when we applied for it from IRS all we got was 2008 and a letter stating they only send out copies for the pass 3 years and thats what we send back to the office where he did the interview so idk

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

He applied based on 5 year residency. I think the reason they ask for his tax transcript is because he was not working from the end of 2008-2010 so they asked for evidence to show that when he was working he did file tax return. They ask for tax transcript for 2006-2008 but when we applied for it from IRS all we got was 2008 and a letter stating they only send out copies for the pass 3 years and thats what we send back to the office where he did the interview so idk

This is a new one to me, so are you advising even with the five year to continue to file joint tax returns and to bring those taxes in? I could guess that either he was too nervous or too over-confident at his interview. Can't be neither.

According to our tax law, only required to save your tax returns for three years, unless you are called in for an audit, then you must provide tax returns for five years.

One option for you is to contact your senators office. We also have friends where the USCIS wanted both spouses to attend a second interview where details like this were worked out. But never heard about this for the five year.

Many government agencies give certification, view the USCIS in the same way, you do get a certificate that implies certification. But the USCIS is the only agency where this certification is the result of meeting with only one person. Every other agency, you meet with a board. And there is always one guy that always votes no.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

This is a new one to me, so are you advising even with the five year to continue to file joint tax returns and to bring those taxes in? I could guess that either he was too nervous or too over-confident at his interview. Can't be neither.

According to our tax law, only required to save your tax returns for three years, unless you are called in for an audit, then you must provide tax returns for five years.

One option for you is to contact your senators office. We also have friends where the USCIS wanted both spouses to attend a second interview where details like this were worked out. But never heard about this for the five year.

Many government agencies give certification, view the USCIS in the same way, you do get a certificate that implies certification. But the USCIS is the only agency where this certification is the result of meeting with only one person. Every other agency, you meet with a board. And there is always one guy that always votes no.

Tax returns are actually not required for filing N-400, even if filing based on 3-year rule. However, USCIS might always ask for proof of correct filing at interview, this also applies to 5-year rule applicants. It could indeed have something to do with what the applicant said during the interview or documentation submitted with this application or previous immigration applications. That's why I think it is not good to send in too much information either, just stick with the requirements and maybe a little more if you think that is necessary but don't overdo it.

I think leecindygroo did the right thing by submitting the letter from IRS with the 3 transcripts. This shows one has tried and might convince USCIS to drop the evidence requirements for the first two years.

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

I think you are not understanding exactly what i am writing. My husband is a greencard holder for about 8 years now i live in jamaica and the only reason he applied for citizenship is so he can file for me. So i really dnt knw what happen in the interview other than he told me he got a form with a it sayin he did pass the civic test but needed to sent in tax return from the IRS for years 2006-2008 and he have showed me the form via skype so we are just clueless right now!!

Tax returns are actually not required for filing N-400, even if filing based on 3-year rule. However, USCIS might always ask for proof of correct filing at interview, this also applies to 5-year rule applicants. It could indeed have something to do with what the applicant said during the interview or documentation submitted with this application or previous immigration applications. That's why I think it is not good to send in too much information either, just stick with the requirements and maybe a little more if you think that is necessary but don't overdo it.

I think leecindygroo did the right thing by submitting the letter from IRS with the 3 transcripts. This shows one has tried and might convince USCIS to drop the evidence requirements for the first two years.

Thanks but now it have been over a month and our online status is still saying request for evidence :bonk:

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thanks but now it have been over a month and our online status is still saying request for evidence :bonk:

Yeah, it might take some time especially since your case is now reviewed locally. I would keep an eye on the status for maybe a week longer or so and call them in case you don't hear from them.

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.