timebombexploding

A lil confused about our timeline

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi, I am a Singaporean engaged to my American fiancee last April. Just a little history on our case, I used my VWP to stay at the US for 3 months, came back to Singapore for 2 weeks and went back for another 3 months. I was warned at secondary immigration I need a B2 visa next time or I will be treated as an intended immigrant. I applied for B2 at the Singapore embassy and was denied as I have already stayed in the US for 6 months altogether and I was unemployed. It is then we decide to apply for a K-1 visa. We filed our 129F in early Feb and never heard a thing from them for a month. Then we called up EVERY week for our application updates. At the 3rd week, we were told they need more forms and passport pictures from us. We immediately sent them off and a week later got our NOA1 and notifying us our case is sent to Vermont for processing.

Technically we have been waiting for 3 months now since we sent in our 129F application, though we only got our NOA1 a month ago.

My fiancee is planning to write to his Congressman to have our case looked at. Is it too soon? Should the appropriate timeline be based on the date when the TSC received our package or date when we received our NOA1?

Also is my B2 denial going to cause problems for the application?

K-1 Timeline

Aug 2009 - Met online

18 Mar 2010 - Met up in person for first time in CA. Best vacation ever!

21 Apr 2011 - He proposed!

28 Mar 2012 - Sends in I-129F

02 Apr 2012 - Received NOA1.

05 Oct 2012 - Got RFE.

10 Oct 2012 - Sends in RFE as requested.

29 Oct 2012 - NOA2 after exactly 7 months!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Way too early. Call when it's been 5 months from NOA!- this is not a fast process.

Yoyr b2 denial won't cause an issue unless you lied during it.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.