Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

so i have a questions

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

So my name as far as people here are concerned is lost_girl and i am very much lost in all this red tape and big words

so here is my question can i enter the states on a vwp(visa waiver programe) and then apply for a change of status to a fiancee visa and do it all from the states or would i be sent back home? and if i can how would i go about doing it? and if i can not why? i would ask if your going to give me AN ANSWER MAKE IT AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!! PLEASE


also anyone who has done this process and succeded who can offer help please drop me a line i promise i dont bite!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine

sounds like your trying to get around all the wait time and that will not work. anybody can do adjustment of status if they meet criteria but you will have to return home for k1 interview and visa. no way getting around that

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

A visa is to enter the country so you don't apply to adjust your status to a fiance visa while in the US. Your fiance can file the petition for a fiance visa while you'll be visiting him in the US, BUT you will have to come back to your country before the 90 days of your VWP.

Where are you from? It takes about 4-6 months for the petition to be approved (if you meet the requirements), and then few months more to obtain the visa, depending on your country. Some are faster than others.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...