alee

How much should a lawyer cost to file for a green card

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iraq
Timeline

Respected sir/madam.

I want to know the cost of a attorny .For permanant resident card.

My friend came back from ST luis .He said he paid about 3500 $ just for him.I just want to know is he lie or true.I know someone else paid just 700$ for him.And both succeded.

I don't care about money .But i think this money is a lot.I ask you,Do you think i can have an experince lawyer for greencard about 800$?Or i should pay more.Here is better than US you can get resident with just 100$ without attorny.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What you pay an attorney depends on how experienced they are, where they are based, how complicated the case is and also, simply, how much they ask for. A $800 service isn't necessarily worse than a $4000 service. Always make sure what is included- some may include filing fees, so seem more expensive, but are in fact cheaper.

Why do you think you need an attorney? Most of the people on here did everything themselves, and as long as there are no huge issues/ red flags with your case and you can read and understand detailed forms, you don;t need a lawyer.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

when you say green card, is it for adjustment of status 1-485 1765-1-131 that is three forms fee are 1,070.00 just to file.and if you mean 1-751 to removal of conditions form and fee, if you need the card replacement or name change form 1-90 and the fee,if you came to the us on cr-1 your green card is stamped in your passport,most people at vjourney do it themselfs no lawyers the read the guides, look at the flow charts look at the example forms, ask other vj members for help save your self money you have a computer an printer down load the forms, up to you what ever you decide good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.