Gaby2806

Birth certificate or is All passport copies ok???

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everybody,

When I was doing my application for the K-1 I didn´t have my birth certificate but I read somewhere that guided me through the process of this visa that sending all passport copies were ok. I would really appreciate someone helping out here?? I am desperate as I already filed my petition and now I am stressed thinking whether they will ask for it or my passport will be ok.

Thank you all

Ye2qm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Guide on VJ:

"11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship." (http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide)

USCIS I-129F instructions:

"3. What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?

A. If you were born in the United States, give USCIS a copy, front and back, of your birth certificate.

B. If you were naturalized, give USCIS a copy, front and back, of your original Certificate of Naturalization.

C. If you were born outside the United States and you are a U.S. citizen through your parents, give USCIS:

1. Your original Certificate of Citizenship, or

2. Your Form FS-240 (Report of Birth Abroad of a

United States Citizen).

D. In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS a copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued with a validity period of at least five years. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport."

(http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf)

If you sent one of these proofs, you're good!

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Hi Everybody,

When I was doing my application for the K-1 I didn´t have my birth certificate but I read somewhere that guided me through the process of this visa that sending all passport copies were ok. I would really appreciate someone helping out here?? I am desperate as I already filed my petition and now I am stressed thinking whether they will ask for it or my passport will be ok.

Thank you all

We didn't have a copy of the birth certificate either, so we sent copies of ALL passport pages and so far we have received our NOA1 (both as a text/email and the copy on the regular mail) with no RFE or anything, so I think it's OK to do as we did.

Hope it helps to make you feel a little bit more relaxed! lol :thumbs:

K1 NOA1: April 18th, 2012
K1 NOA2: October 25th, 2012 (190 days at VSC, NO RFE)
NVC number: November 1st, 2012 (7 days after NOA2)
INTERVIEW: November 29th, 2012 (APPROVED)
POE: December 14th, 2012 (Miami)
MARRIAGE: December 21st, 2012 (the end of the world! lol)
AOS SENT: December 26th, 2012
AOS NOA1: December 31st, 2012
AP/EAD NOA1: December 28th, 2012
BIOMETRICS: January 31st, 2013
AP/EAD APPROVAL: February 20th, 2013
AP/EAD card in the mail: March 2nd, 2013

GREEN CARD APPROVED: September 17th, 2013 (no interview)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We didn't have a copy of the birth certificate either, so we sent copies of ALL passport pages and so far we have received our NOA1 (both as a text/email and the copy on the regular mail) with no RFE or anything, so I think it's OK to do as we did.

Hope it helps to make you feel a little bit more relaxed! lol :thumbs:

FYI, NOA1 doesn't mean your case is all good, it just means they received your documents. It is possible that you receive a RFE (though I don't wish it to you!). :)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Everybody,

Thank you all

A copy of all pages of the passport is OK. You already sent it. Time to look ahead.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

FYI, NOA1 doesn't mean your case is all good, it just means they received your documents. It is possible that you receive a RFE (though I don't wish it to you!). :)

I know that, but from what I've read and talked to other members if you make a mistake in something as big as a requirement in the initial package (sending the wrong amount, missing a signature, etc) they generally let you know right away, even before the NOA1... maybe I'm too optimistic, but going back to the topic, sending copies of all the pages in the passport seems to be fine.

Crossing my fingers on No RFE!!! lol :)

K1 NOA1: April 18th, 2012
K1 NOA2: October 25th, 2012 (190 days at VSC, NO RFE)
NVC number: November 1st, 2012 (7 days after NOA2)
INTERVIEW: November 29th, 2012 (APPROVED)
POE: December 14th, 2012 (Miami)
MARRIAGE: December 21st, 2012 (the end of the world! lol)
AOS SENT: December 26th, 2012
AOS NOA1: December 31st, 2012
AP/EAD NOA1: December 28th, 2012
BIOMETRICS: January 31st, 2013
AP/EAD APPROVAL: February 20th, 2013
AP/EAD card in the mail: March 2nd, 2013

GREEN CARD APPROVED: September 17th, 2013 (no interview)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.