5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Need your help asap, please. My wife and I want to travel to Detroit. Her I-94 expired. So she is out of status now, I am guessing. We applied for Green Card, Work Authorization, Advanced Parole. She already had her bio-metrics taken, but we haven't received anything yet.

CAN SHE FLY OR IS THERE GOING TO BE A PROBLEM?

Thank you,

Felix

event.png

K-1 Visa Journey

03/15/2011 - I-129F sent via USPS

03/18/2011 - NOA1

06/14/2011 - NOA2

07/11/2011 - NVC In

07/11/2011 - NVC Out

07/18/2011 - Consulate Received

08/15/2011 - Interview - Visa Approved

08/31/2011 - Aeroflot - Moscow > Los Angeles

11/19/2011 - Married =)

03/01/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP packet submitted

03/07/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - NOA

03/29/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - Biometrics

04/30/2012 - EAD & AP Approved

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Here is my suggestion; travel on her passport and be sure to have your NOA for the AOS application. If you are traveling to or from the Southwestern US you could very well have more difficulty than other states. I wouldn't think that Detroit would pose a problem. I just traveled this week (domestically) with a colleague from the UK and they never checked his I-94, just the bio page for ID.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Does she have an ID from the state you live in? I think when flying from state to state you only need an ID. Someone more qualified should be able to answer that.

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you !!!

event.png

K-1 Visa Journey

03/15/2011 - I-129F sent via USPS

03/18/2011 - NOA1

06/14/2011 - NOA2

07/11/2011 - NVC In

07/11/2011 - NVC Out

07/18/2011 - Consulate Received

08/15/2011 - Interview - Visa Approved

08/31/2011 - Aeroflot - Moscow > Los Angeles

11/19/2011 - Married =)

03/01/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP packet submitted

03/07/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - NOA

03/29/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - Biometrics

04/30/2012 - EAD & AP Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Need your help asap, please. My wife and I want to travel to Detroit. Her I-94 expired. So she is out of status now, I am guessing. We applied for Green Card, Work Authorization, Advanced Parole. She already had her bio-metrics taken, but we haven't received anything yet.

CAN SHE FLY OR IS THERE GOING TO BE A PROBLEM?

Thank you,

Felix

She is not "out of status". Remember that if you applied for a green card, the beneficiary remains legal, even if their visa expired, until the final decision is made on his/her application. So make sure to have the NOA with you when you travel and it should not be a problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.