9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Today I received a RFE stating that I submitted a version of Form I-693 which is no longer in use (i.e., I understand this as an outdated form). In order to process the application further, I need to submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Rev. 07/20/10 or later), for the applicant of Form I-485.

* Medical examinations using the 07/20/10 revision date, the medical must be conducted between 07/20/10 and 13/31/11.

* Medical examinations using the 10/11/11 revision date, the medical must be conducted on or after 11/01/11.

My medical examinations were made early 2012, so the completed and signed form 10/11/11 (i.e., the last updated form on the USCIS website) must be submitted again.

A while back, the civil surgeon office gave me the sealed envelop (including the I-693), and a photocopy of it for my personal records. The photocopy shows that the form that was apparently submitted was the 10/11/11, which is actually the correct one.

Am I right to assume it seems to be pointless to argue with USCIS on that matter, and I should strictly follow what they ask me to do on the RFE, i.e., I need to resubmit a properly completed and signed Form I-693. I suspect the dates for parts 1 and 3 of Form I-693 should be updated (i.e., they should be the most recent dates, to show that I actually went back to civil surgeon office, and resolved the matter mentioned above).

Thanks for any insight,

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello there,

I got the same notice today in mail. What did you guys do???

Below is what my notice stated:

You submitted a version of Form I-693 which is no longer in use. In order to process the application further, you need to submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Rev. 07/20/10 or later), for the applicant of Form I-485.

* Medical examinations using the 10/11/11 revision date, the medical must be conducted on or after 11/01/11.
* Medical examinations using the 1/15/13 revision date, the medical must be conducted on or after 4/28/13.

My medical examination was done on 04/02/13, so I submitted form 10/11/11.

What should I do??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

But this statement "Medical examinations using the 1/15/13 revision date, the medical must be conducted on or after 4/28/13." says use the new form only if you did your medical after 4/28/13. What version of the form should i use?

Well geez, not a one of you with an RFE has a timeline to figure out where you are. So guessing....I think you are new K1 entrants who saw a civil surgeon this year (2013). The date of medical examination to which your RFE is referring, is the date you saw a civil surgeon, not the visa exam. Since a new form dated Jan 2013 is available, then I would use it. There was a gap between the form being ready and the end of the old form so they issued memorada to adjudicators and civil surgeons telling them the 2011 form would be used until the new form was ready and would have an overlap period where both were accepted. I forgot the dates. Anyway, the form name in the lower left hand corner of the 2013 version has a "Y" which means, yes the previous version is still accepted.

Another reason for wishing you had timelines...I wonder if this RFE came early or if you are 5-6 months in. It does sound like somebody at USCIS is confused that the 2011 version is not still accepted, which it is. That's all I have to offer, not knowing your timelines, visa, etc.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello there,

I got the same notice today in mail.

Can you please tell me how you handle this???

You submitted a version of Form I-693 which is no longer in use. In order to process the application further, you need to submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Rev. 07/20/10 or later), for the applicant of Form I-485.

* Medical examinations using the 1/15/13 revision date, the medical must be conducted on or after 4/28/13.

My physical (when i actually saw the civil surgeon) medical examination was done on 5/01/2013, but I was there on 4/26/2013 for the TB skin test. I submitted the new form (revised date 1/15/2013) which was the only form on the USCIS website and it's still there!

Even if I will have to do this exam again, I will have to use same form again....This just sounds ridiculous...

What should i do now? Get a lawer??

Thank you very much!

Hello there,

I got the same notice today in mail.

My physical (when i actually saw the civil surgeon) medical examination was done on 5/01/2013, but I was there on 4/26/2013 for the TB skin test. I submitted the new form (revised date 1/15/2013) which was the only form on the USCIS website and it's still there!

Even if I will have to do this exam again, I will have to use same form again....This just sounds ridiculous...

What should i do now? Get a lawer??

Thank you very much!

Nope.

I would send back a response to the RFE saying--

I believe this request for evidence was in error. It states that I submitted a form I-693 that is no longer in use. That is incorrect. I submitted the most recent version of the I-693 (revised date 1/15/2013). Please review my file for the I-693 again. If there is a different reason, besides the form date, that you need additional evidence from me, please notify me so I can correct any deficiencies immediately.

There you go. Not even going to charge you for writing a letter like a lawyer would. Hahaha :P

Do check your date again.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline

Hello there,
I got this notice today in mail.

* Medical examinations using the 1/15/13 revision date, the medical must be conducted on or after 3/25/13.

My physical medical examination was done on 09/16/2013. I submitted the new form (revised date 1/15/2013) which was the only form on the USCIS website and it's still there...

Please what should I do about this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.