I129Fvisahelpneed

DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR NOA2 BEFORE FILLING OUT THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT?? THANKS

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sure, no problema.....

I will be bringing the I-134 packet with me. I know that I cannot attend the interview, but I want to be supportive on our immigration journey.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Why can't you attend the interview? If it is at a US embassy, both parties should be able to attend, I would think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi..I have Question regarding how to fill in Q.10 and 11 of the Affidavit of Support.

Q10.

I have submitted a visa peition to US citizenships and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person. If none, state 'None'

....Is this suppose to be none? Not too sure what exactly it means..please help

Q11.

Shld my fiance state his intent to support me?

Please advise

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you!

Keep up the faith! Your time will come soon enough! :thumbs:

Aloha Again!! I have checked some post here, about you cant attend the interview. Actually it is best that you will attend and be with your fiance at the time of the interview. It may give impression to the consulate that both of you are serious about this journey. Actually you can get in the embassy together with your fiance, you just have to tell them that you are the petitioner and bring your passport. How i wish my fiance could attend with me. Coz I have other problem with our petition, our relationship is just new. we just met last October. But I guess theres no requirements on the time when you will fall in love. I just hope they will see that on our photos and conversations. More good luck for me.. hehehe We can do this!!! :thumbs::thumbs::dance:

event.png

Timeline

I did not get that, so when exactly should we start to prepare that form i134???

Thank you

Aloha!!

YOu can prepare the i-134 after you get the Noa2, because at the time of the interview what they need are recent documents. You can actually fill out the form as early as now, but just dont date or sign it yet.. The evidences such as pay stubs, letter from the bank or employer should be recent. Other evidences are time sensitive others are not.

Goodluck in your visa journey!!!

event.png

Timeline

Hi..I have Question regarding how to fill in Q.10 and 11 of the Affidavit of Support.

Q10.

I have submitted a visa peition to US citizenships and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person. If none, state 'None'

Q11.

Please advise

Thank you

Aloha!!

This is what Ive got from your question.

Question 8: Anyone whom the sponsor has listed on his/her tax returns should be entered here.

Question 9: This question attempts to find out whether the U.S. citizen is overextending him or herself financially. If he or she has filled out this form or Form I-864 (the Affidavit of Support used in green card applications) on behalf of any other immigrant, these lines should be filled in.

Question 10: For the reasons that underlie Question 9, the U.S. government wants to know whether the U.S. citizen is planning to sponsor anyone else, having filed a visa petition on their behalf. Even if you are the only person being sponsored, the U.S. citizen should fill in your name here, with a notation by your name saying “subject of this affidavit.”

Question 11: Enter “N/A” (not applicable). This is only for visitors that are truly temporary, such as tourists. you can check Do not intend...

Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor. Here is a lovely example of excruciating legalese. Don’t try to puzzle this out. The U.S. citizen should just be sure, before signing the form, that to the best of his or her knowledge, the answers provided are correct.

Edited by AlohaBabes

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Why can't you attend the interview? If it is at a US embassy, both parties should be able to attend, I would think.

That is the policy of the Guangzhou consulate. It is not my preference, but it is their game and their rules. :blink:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Q10.

Q11.

Please advise

Thank you

Please take the opportunity to look at the Forum's sample forms.

Consider reviewing recent similar-themed threads, or start a new thread.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

That is the policy of the Guangzhou consulate. It is not my preference, but it is their game and their rules. :blink:

I understand "their game and their rules," but it seems weird to me that ANY US embassy would exclude a US citizen from attending his/her fiance(e)s interview. It just goes against what I thought was natural for being a US citizen. I don't really know how to express this thought, but it doesn't make sense to me. I think (hope) that those who grew up in the US understand and I don't understand why a consulate (that should be composed of US citizens- real ones) doesn't understand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.