ker&ket

Spousal green card Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am US citizen living in UK at the moment, petitioning for my husband. He has his scheduled interview at the London Embassy next week but I have not been asked to attend, does anyone know if this is normal procedure? I had thought that we would be invited together to prove we have a bona fide marriage. This really does not make sense, could they have made there minds up?

I would really appreciate any experiences anyone may have or if you know why this could be, or do you think we will get invited together at a later date.

Thanks

I am US citizen living in UK at the moment, petitioning for my husband. He has his scheduled interview at the London Embassy next week but I have not been asked to attend, does anyone know if this is normal procedure? I had thought that we would be invited together to prove we have a bona fide marriage. This really does not make sense, could they have made there minds up?

I would really appreciate any experiences anyone may have or if you know why this could be, or do you think we will get invited together at a later date.

Thanks

The spouse or fiance is never "invited" nor does it make any difference, positive or negative, if they attend. He could have requested (still can) that you attend and your name would have been put on the list. I attended by just showing up, handing the line guy my US passport, and asking "may I go in with my fiance?" Not guaranteed to work but it has in the past.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from Bringing family of LPR to DCF as OP, the USC spouse, lives in the UK with her husband ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

HM I dunno about London but I attended my wife's interview in Riyadh as an uninvited guest.

They talked to us separately....They talked to me about where we would live and what are our plans and to her about the standard "how did you meet etc etc" stuff (kinda dumb questions after (4) years LOL)

I also think the two of us balancing our (very lively) almost 2-yr-old back and forth pretty much left the impression of an ongoing and intact family. Just my opinion. Never hurts to be present and available.

Thanks

i don't get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.