candycandy

Iranian Applicants at Ankara

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am getting extremely nervous because I received an e-mail from NVC yesterday to pay our AOS and IV invoice, and I clicked on the link in the e-mail....and I saw a paragraph that said for ALL Iranian applicants in Ankara, Turkey undergoing immigrant visa processing, they will have have to undergo administrative processing for 6 months or more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God-forbid!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!! is this really true?? Are there any other iranians that went through this at ankara? Please shed some light!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

My consulate officer told me my ap could take up anywhere from two weeks to six months. We stayed in Ankara for a week after my interview and when we came back, before I even got to unpack or before my husband even got to the states, I saw my name . So on and all it took us like a week and a half, two weeks to get cleared. However if you're the beneficiary and a male Iranian citizen, chances of you having a short AP are extremely low.specially in summer time because it's when most Iranians try to schedule their interviews because of the weather in Ankara

My consulate officer told me my ap could take up anywhere from two weeks to six months. We stayed in Ankara for a week after my interview and when we came back, before I even got to unpack or before my husband even got to the states, I saw my name . So on and all it took us like a week and a half, two weeks to get cleared. However if you're the beneficiary and a male Iranian citizen, chances of you having a short AP are extremely low.specially in summer time because it's when most Iranians try to schedule their interviews because of the weather in Ankara

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

My husband is the iranian citizen and chances are we are going to have our interview in Ankara in the summer. :( I think we have to wait for administrative processing for a lot more than 1 week :(. How was your experience at Ankara? What questions did they ask? Was your husband with you at the time of the interview?

Thank you again for your help!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

They are good, incredibly understanding people. My CO was... Right on point about each question, she drilled me about our relationship but not in a rude manner, more in I hope you know I'm just doing my job and it's nothing personal manner. We applied for k-1 my then fiancé chose to show up but they didn't allow him inside, but said if they needed him they would ask him in. Since yours is spouse visa you have to be there and your name will be on the appointment list too.the CO asked me about my then fiancés flights, the airports he was at on the way to Ankara ( which led me to think we were going to spend another week in Ankara so I did not see our short AP coming )she asked where we met, we met on yahoo, she asked which chartroom, she asked what Iranian youth talk about in chartrooms,when we met, what he did, where he was stationed at ( he is a Marine ) she asked me to sum up our relationship, on and all, if I would have known how ... Not easy but rather friendly and comforting the CO was gonna be I would have felt better.I spent four hours inside but I was so scared and stressed I didn't even notice it.also they have a rather strong AC inside the waiting area, so I suggest bringing a light jacket or blazer or something just in case, I was freaking scared off my mind so that didn't help...at all with the AC, me being cold and all that. It was good, I definitely got scared over nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Salam,

My fiance's interview is in two weeks in Ankara. We applied for K1. We have already waited 1 year. Our case got approved over six months ago and I assumed the long gap in between is because of the AP.

One year for a visa is ridiculous!! I can't imagine a longer wait!!

Do you anyone who recently has been interviewed?

Thanks and good luck

• 1 month later...

salam dooste aziz,

I'm so sorry i didnt see your post sooner!

it has been almost 1 year and we haven't heard anything of an interview yet!

I hope your interview went great at ankara! Please keep me updated on how the interview went. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

There's this link where you can follow the Administrative Process in Ankara.

I was in Ankara to get my K-1 visa couple days ago. There were many Iranians there. I think I was the only Turk besides this old lady. Well if all of them had to wait 6 months then the list for admin process had to be much longer. Don't you think so?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone, I just saw this post when I was searching for some info about the AP..... my husband had his interview on June 13 in Ankara and we are still waitting for our number to show up. about 3 weeks and still nothing, I got more nervous when I read here that it could take up to 6 months :-(

lovisgr8, i hope your AP goes by really fast!! keep us updated!

how was your husband's interview in ankara? what kind of questions did they ask him?

i still havent had got my interview date yet, and i am getting extremely nervous!

keep us updated! :) hope everything goes well.

p.s. is your husbands name something like mohamad or ali or hossein or something that they need to do further processing for?

i'm scared for my husband if that is the case. I hope everything goes well for all of us!! :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Salam!

I'm new here. We just had my fiance's interview June 25th in Ankara. They put him on AP and told him his visa would be ready in 6-8 weeks. We are at week 9 and nothing yet :( This is been the most stressful, depressing and lengthy process. After reading about other peoples' experiences on their AP wait times, I don't know if we will be able to continue waiting... :crying::blink::wacko:

• 3 years later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi dear guys,

I'm Iranian and a F2 applicant , We had interview on May in Ankara, and my husband's case completed in 2 months. but mine is yet pending, adm.progressing takes longer than 6 months and none replies to emails.( i was a physician who ceased her job and her study to join her newlywed spouse )

an abrupt en intolerable situation.... :crying: Does anyone know about similar cases, or what should we do to reach a result??

plz :mellow::blink::mellow:

Edited by delirakbariazar

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Administrative processing takes as long as it takes. Nothing can be done to speed up the process.

[Moderator hat on]

Thread from 2012 is now closed to further comments.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.