Mike's Lucy

Married to a Filipina

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oppppssss sorry for that one.. :lol:

Life doesn't end with just a STUPID man/woman... I have a daughter that inspires me. Life might not be as good now here in US but hoping and praying it will be in time. :)

Since you asked, this part didn't :)

"Years back, I had this american ex bf (daughter of my child)"

I thought I am the only one who got confused about that, but that's funny. Made my day. Lol

Guess you haven't had enough practice reading Filipanaeese English yet? :rofl: That different sentence structure can make some real strange typos at times as they're bouncing between thinking in one language and writing in another.

What is Filipanaeese English?? Never heard of that, I even looked at it in the dictionary and never find that word..LOL..Btw, since elementary our English teachers teach us how to construct a sentence..for sure it's just an auto correct...LOL

I thought I am the only one who got confused about that, but that's funny. Made my day. Lol

What is Filipanaeese English?? Never heard of that, I even looked at it in the dictionary and never find that word..LOL..Btw, since elementary our English teachers teach us how to construct a sentence..for sure it's just an auto correct...LOL

Thats what I call some of my wife's English sentence structure when it's gone through her Bisaya thinking process. Kind of like your phrase "at it in the dictionary and never find", its often technically correct, but its not how a native English speaker would say it. Or the her for him and she for he that sneaks into many conversations. BTW my mother in-law was a teacher in the Philippines. Her English writing skills are excellent, rarely do I see any of the unfamiliar phrasing used by many Filipino's when writing English. But her speaking skills are way behind my wife's. Any way, back to point, I just put it down to her thinking "daughter, child and ex bf" all at the same time while writing and she substituted in the wrong word. I think my thought process was "Huh??? Oh she meant ex bf, not daughter" and moved on.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Thats what I call some of my wife's English sentence structure when it's gone through her Bisaya thinking process. Kind of like your phrase "at it in the dictionary and never find", its often technically correct, but its not how a native English speaker would say it. Or the her for him and she for he that sneaks into many conversations. BTW my mother in-law was a teacher in the Philippines. Her English writing skills are excellent, rarely do I see any of the unfamiliar phrasing used by many Filipino's when writing English. But her speaking skills are way behind my wife's. Any way, back to point, I just put it down to her thinking "daughter, child and ex bf" all at the same time while writing and she substituted in the wrong word. I think my thought process was "Huh??? Oh she meant ex bf, not daughter" and moved on.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Stereotype American? Maybe....

I am Filipina. My husband is a kind person and wouldn't want to hurt anybody but when he have misconception about some aspect of my culture and said something that is not right. I simply told him that you've only seen a small fraction of what's going on and you didn't study my culture, so don't jump into a conclusion that's the real deal.

One more thing, I've notice that those Americans who posted their ideology regarding Filipino culture as if they are quite very knowledgeable of the culture, marry Filipina (as dominant beneficiary here) that need to be expose more in reality and need more growing up when comes to real deal in life. Once they know how hard a single penny earned, and to survive amidst of urban jungle on their own, they might have more perapective between cultures anf imstead letting

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

Stereotype American? Maybe....

I am Filipina. My husband is a kind person and wouldn't want to hurt anybody but when he have misconception about some aspect of my culture and said something that is not right. I simply told him that you've only seen a small fraction of what's going on and you didn't study my culture, so don't jump into a conclusion that's the real deal.

One more thing, I've notice that those Americans who posted their ideology regarding Filipino culture as if they are quite very knowledgeable of the culture, marry Filipina (as dominant beneficiary here) that need to be expose more in reality and need more growing up when comes to real deal in life. Once they know how hard a single penny earned, and to survive amidst of urban jungle on their own, they might have more perapective between two culture.

Edited by adiiann

Timeline

Hard to type in my phone... Lost the other part.

Edited by adiiann

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lot of what I post I talk with asawa ko on so I get her information and knowledge to make sure I am right or wrong. I don't claim to know all about the Filipino culture. I have spent time there, lived there, and adopted to the culture when I am there... including sleeping in nipa huts and bathing by the pump and eating escabeche plus other food. I don't eat tamban (something of an squired taste) but I do like Milkfish and other food. I try things as much as possible and learn as much as possible. Cultures are very different in different parts of the world and I like learning how cultures are different and are the same.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oppppssss sorry for that one.. :lol:

Life doesn't end with just a STUPID man/woman... I have a daughter that inspires me. Life might not be as good now here in US but hoping and praying it will be in time. :)

I thought the stupidness was over when the Stupid Man/Woman left ? Yes? No ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

he always see the bad things, complains and insult. I mean, most of what he said was true coz that's what he saw but the thing was RESPECT. I am a filipino and I know how bad it is, how people live in squatters area, etc.

He always say how poor filipinos are, cheap, monkeys or whatever he likes calling it, it hurts and bothers me coz I am a filipino.

My wife met foreigners like that when she was in Manila working. When they made comments about poor people they were talking about her family so she had no interest in them in return. She was surprised I wanted to go live with them. But hey, I was on to Filipinas for over twenty years before I nabbed this one. Targeted one on account of her culture specifically.

Watch how people treat the doorman, the waitress, the common people on the street. This is a measure of their character. They'll be careful to kiss the behind of whoever they know is above them in employment or power, but they'll show their true colors when looking at people they view as beneath them.

Timeline

I just find it funny reading posts and comments here sometimes. The American husbands talk like they are an expert on Filipino cultures especially when it comes to family, money, marriage and education.

Family, large. Money, none. Marriage, maybe. Education, PEPT. :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.