di&ar

K1 visa - 221g received for missing PCC

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My fiance had his interview on 4/19 @ the New Delhi consulate.

His interview went really well and and in the end the CO said that everything went well, but my fiance has to submit the missing PCC @ VFS (he only had a PCC from the police station, but needed one from the passport office)and his visa will be issued.

He submitted the application for the PCC the same day itself, however the server at the PSK in Delhi has been down since last Thursday and he has not been able to get the PCC (he's been going everyday since). He was told today that server should be replaced by end of the day today and he should hopefully get it by Tuesday.

My question is how long does it take the embassy to issue his visa after he submits the PCC at VFS?

We're planning our wedding here in the U.S. for June and at the standstill because I don't know when he'll be able to come...Please let me know if anyone has gone through a similar situation before. Thanks!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Given it a good 2 weeks. Double check with VFS in a week to make sure everything went through.

You can call DOS stateside to see when the visa is actually printed and sent...the number can be found in the 221g forum.

If there are any Indian holidays in the next couple of weeks, add a few days on...

Barring something weird and out of the ordinary - you should both be fine for June.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from ROC forum to India forum as OP is asking about the K1 visa specific to that country ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 9 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, my fiancé has k1 via interview next month at Mumbai. As in regards to the PCC, police clearance certificate my fiancé obtained that from DCP office already, but I read somewhere that the PCC has to be from regional passport office, is that true? 

We don't mind getting it from the regional passport office too but the wait time appointment is 2 weeks and then they said it takes 2 weeks to receive it, we don't have that much time because our interview date at mumbai is before that. Will they accept the PCC from the DCP police station office? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.