8 posts in this topic

Having submitted a 129F I wanted to look through RFEs to reassure myself that everything was in order, what I found in the RFE Master List thread was a jumble of off topic discussions, questions, polite but uninformative approval comments, and good information. The result: bloated thread of 55+ pages! In the interest of compiling the information in condense format I have started this thread and will try to compile the valuable info from the other list.

Please feel free to post your RFE experiences but respect the following bullet format:

"RFE - Insufficient proof of having met within 2 year time frame."

"Fix - Submitted boarding passes, photos, copies of passports."

Please do not post:

-Comments (thanks!, great thread, this was very helpful, this is useless info, etc.)

-Questions (With a little searching this info can be found elsewhere in the forum...I promise!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

RFE -Provide court disposition of charges for domestic violence charge, as well as police report from 1999

Fix- Certified letter from Police Clerk stating no records; charge too old, person had no criminal record

Certified copy of magistrate court record stating file destroyed stamped on it

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Anastasia posted: Problem - Incorrect payment amount.

Fix - Send correct payment.

Cristy posted: Problem - Missing signature.

Fix - None listed.

J&Js posted: Problem - Sent G-325a as faxed copies (not signed originals)

Fix - Resubmit originals with signatures.

Several posts: RFE - Submitted short version of birth certificate.

Fix - Submit long version of the birth certificate.

Several posts: RFE - Gaps/Overlaps in employment or residence sections of G-325a

Fix - If unemployed document as "None"

Shannon 65 posted: Problem - Post dated payment check.

Fix - Submit payment check with proper date.

ladyBird216 posted: RFE - Divorce form was over looked by service center.

Fix - Highlited easy to overlook information and resubmitted.

kaydee457 posted: RFE - lacking evidence to prove you have met within 2 years due to a lack of primary evidence.

Fix - Primary evidence: airline boarding passes, passport exit/entry stamps, hotel receipts, apt leases, etc.

Secondary evidence: used to supplement primary evidence but in itself cannot stand alone (photos,letters)

Very good Primary evidence with some secondary evidence = NO RFE

Very weak Primary evidence with some, or lots of secondary= Possible RFE

No Primary evidence = RFE

No Primary, lots of secondary = RFE

javy123 posted RFE - Only submitted the first page of divorce decree.

Fix - Resubmit with complete divorce decree.

LiszyandKenny posted RFE - Submitted petition with divorce decree which was missing judge's signature.

Fix - None stated.

Bunnyqr posted: RFE - Submitted petition with divorce request and translation instead of divorce decree.

Fix - Resubmit two divorce forms required by Greece.

Woodgc posted: RFE - More info on how they met/proof of meeting in person/Missing beneficiary's Birth Certificate

Fix - supply motel receipt, airline itinerary, credit card statements, and dated photos-which apparently means digital date on print

Timandbethany posted: RFE - Divorce Decree was not certified copy

Fix - Submitted certified copy

billsgirl posted: RFE - Submitted hospital copy of US citizen's Birth Certificate.

Fix - Submit registered civil birth certificate

William33 posted: RFE - Submit all pages of passport

paujoric posted: RFE - Only submitted divorce documentation for second divorce

Fix- Submit divorce documentation for both divorces.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

RFE - provided divorce decree no stamp/signature certification.

FIX - submitted with judge/magistrate certified signed on it.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.