Kali2011

Someone please reply -I don't know what to do.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and new at using this website. I feel so lost that I don't know how to update my timeline. . .

I mailed my I-130 and filed for my husband on Dec.4th and was received by immigration on Dec. 9th. My husband and I met while I was living in Australia overseas for a year. I only lived 6mths with my bf and and have not lived with my husband. I came back a day after our wedding since my job wanted me back. I have an immigration advisor who was recommended to me by a friend. Well while filling out this application there's a question that ask where did I live in the last 5 years? Well this man never put my address of when I was living with my husband overseas (that time he was my bf) I'm just wondering if this would raise a flag? "/ . . . Also I mistakenly put a job on the application that I wasn't supposed since I never really worked there (friend of mine did) I have no idea I made this mistake and I haven't told my hubby.

Our application seems complicated but we have all the proof to show that our relationship is real. We also want to marry by the temple in Nepal (his country) once he goes home would I be able to visit and maybe stay there with him during the process? Please tell me what should we do. We are on initial review right now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America to IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures; OP is petitioning spouse.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and new at using this website. I feel so lost that I don't know how to update my timeline. . .

I mailed my I-130 and filed for my husband on Dec.4th and was received by immigration on Dec. 9th. My husband and I met while I was living in Australia overseas for a year. I only lived 6mths with my bf and and have not lived with my husband. I came back a day after our wedding since my job wanted me back. I have an immigration advisor who was recommended to me by a friend. Well while filling out this application there's a question that ask where did I live in the last 5 years? Well this man never put my address of when I was living with my husband overseas (that time he was my bf) I'm just wondering if this would raise a flag? "/ . . . Also I mistakenly put a job on the application that I wasn't supposed since I never really worked there (friend of mine did) I have no idea I made this mistake and I haven't told my hubby.

Our application seems complicated but we have all the proof to show that our relationship is real. We also want to marry by the temple in Nepal (his country) once he goes home would I be able to visit and maybe stay there with him during the process? Please tell me what should we do. We are on initial review right now.

Are you the foreigner or the US Citizen? If you only had a visitor visa to the country where you were living with your BF, then you were visiting, not "living" there. Are BF and husband the same person? This isn't clear from what you wrote.

I don't understand how you "mistakenly" put a job on the G325a that you didn't have. As far as marrying in Nepal, you are either married or not married. If married, then that's all the "marrying" that's going to happen, regardless of any "ceremony" you might plan at some later date or some other place.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Let me be clear by saying I am a US citizen and boyfriend/husband is same person. I was trying to be specific from my timeline.

I am not asking you to understand on how I did an honest mistake. It can happen to anyone. I dont need your judgement. I need real advice on my process which yours is not much help. And I'am legally married but we want to have a ceremony for his side of the family. So all I was asking is if Im allowed to go even when the I-130 is in process. Don't bother replying if u can't help me Im already worried as is.

Please anyone else give me some good input. Thanks!

Timeline

Let me be clear by saying I am a US citizen and boyfriend/husband is same person. I was trying to be specific from my timeline.

I am not asking you to understand on how I did an honest mistake. It can happen to anyone. I dont need your judgement. I need real advice on my process which yours is not much help. And I'am legally married but we want to have a ceremony for his side of the family. So all I was asking is if Im allowed to go even when the I-130 is in process. Don't bother replying if u can't help me Im already worried as is.

Please anyone else give me some good input. Thanks!

Now that you've clarified who is whom AND your question it's far easier to answer. Of course, there's nothing standing in the way of a US Citizen traveling to another country for any reason except the price of a ticket and a visa if needed. "I don't understand" is NOT a judgmental statement. You can choose to clarify or not. I assumed you mentioned the false information on your G325a for a reason. If there's no question regarding it, then so be it.

Words mean things and we only have what you typed, to go on. You said you wanted to get married again. You're married. You can't "get married again" but you CAN have a ceremony. If that's what you want, then by all means, do it. Is there an immigration related issue on your mind?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Sign in then click on your user name. 2nd Option will be My timeline (Add/Edit)[/b]

I mailed my I-130 and filed for my husband on Dec.4th and was received by immigration on Dec. 9th.

Good luck for the process.....honestly, it seems little bit complicated.[/b]

My husband and I met while I was living in Australia overseas for a year. I only lived 6mths with my bf and have not lived with my husband.

Congratulation and happy married life. I assumed you are USC by birth and your husband was in Australia on Student Visa (??). If those are the cases, its not an arrange marriage and you guys got married within less than 6 months from the date of 1st meeting. I just brought this matter as USCIS has to see your marriage as real, not just for VISA purpose and you have to have supportive documents that back u up on your statement.

I came back a day after our wedding since my job wanted me back

I know you have to file marriage Certificate during I-130 petition. How did it work out??? [/b]

I have an immigration advisor who was recommended to me by a friend.

Hope he/she knows what he/she is doing. Definitely, a great help. but not ALWAYS true. I know some cases where So Called immigration advisor gave totally wrong suggestion during immigration process.

Well while filling out this application there's a question that ask where did I live in the last 5 years? Well this man never put my address of when I was living with my husband overseas (that time he was my bf) I'm just wondering if this would raise a flag? "/

as explained by Pushbrk on different thread, if you are on visiting visa, that time might not consider as you are living there. does not make sense to me in general but technically it sounds right. telling you the truth, I am not sure about this issue. One thing for sure, you stayed over there for a whole year, so you should mentioned that time frame somewhere in the petition.

. . . Also I mistakenly put a job on the application that I wasn't supposed since I never really worked there (friend of mine did) I have no idea I made this mistake and I haven't told my hubby.

Unfortunately, when you do couple of chain mistakes, it might be bigger problem and might put you on the RED flag.[/b]

Our application seems complicated but we have all the proof to show that our relationship is real.

Great but remember it is not how you see it, it is how USCIS sees it. I wish your proofs are sufficient for the petition.

We also want to marry by the temple in Nepal (his country) once he goes home would I be able to visit and maybe stay there with him during the process?

You can't do remarry on same relation. I believe, traditional marriage ceremony will help a lot during interview where you can resolve some red flags about your relation, if there was any on CO's mind. As long as you do have valid US passport, there should not be any problem to visit Nepal. In the same way, if your visa permits (generally speaking 6 months without any extension, I don’t see any issue you living there. but how will you provide AOS down in the row??

Please tell me what should we do. We are on initial review right now.

It might be too late at this point as you already filled I-130. Good luck that things go smoothly and be patience. it might take 6-8 months just to get NOA2. best course of action at this point is: BE READY TO PROVIDE SUPPORTIVE DOCUMENTS IF YOU GET REF....

off the topic: you user name seems to be given by your husband back then when he was your BF.... :blush: have smooth visa journey......

[b][color="#FF0000"]USCIS Journey[/color][/b]
06/25/2011 - Married @ native country
Mid of August: Filled N400
Mid Of October : Filled I -130 ( LPR F2A)
10/17/2011 : NOA1
12/08/2011 : Oath Ceremoney for N400, Boston @ 12:00 pm
12/08/2011 : [b]Called VSC to Upgrade the Case [color="#FF0000"]( LPR F2A to CR-1)[/color] @ 3pm[/b]
12/12/2011 : Email Confirmation of Upgrade
[color="#008000"][b]04/14/2012 : NOA2[/color][/b]([i]Can't Express how happy I was and relieved from A Long WAITING GAME.....but everyone has to go through it......)[/i]

[color="#FF0000"][b]NVC Journey[/b][/color]

04/24/2012---Case number and IIN received, Email address Provided of both petitionner and benificiary
04/24/2012---DS 3032 emailed to NVC
04/26/2012---AOS fee bill paid
04/27/2012---AOS fee bill shows " PAID"
04/30/2012---AOS package sent
05/02/2012---DS 3032 accepted
05/02/2012---IV fee bill invoiced
05/04/2012---IV fee bill shows " PAID"
05/04/2012---IV package sent
05/11/2012---AOS Reviewed and Accepted
05/14/2012---IV package Reviewed and Accepted

[b][color="#2E8B57"]05/15/2012--------Case Complete[/color][/b] [color="#FF00FF"] [[i]([s]Wow....!!!!!! Wait....Ouch...Did i miss "Interview Scheduling" process for this month by day or 2 days??[/s]?)[/color][/i]

06/06/2012-----[b]Interview Date Assigned[/b]

[b][color="#FF0000"]Medical / Consulate / POE[/color][/b]
06/08/2012-----Medical Exam
06/15/2012-----Case Forwarded to Embassy
06/24/2012-----1st Marriage Anniversary
07/10/2012-----Interview date: [b][color="#00BFFF"]APPROVED[/color][/b]
07/17/2012-----[i][b][color="#2E8B57"]Boston,MA [/color][/b][/i]

Timeline

Now that you've clarified who is whom AND your question it's far easier to answer. Of course, there's nothing standing in the way of a US Citizen traveling to another country for any reason except the price of a ticket and a visa if needed. "I don't understand" is NOT a judgmental statement. You can choose to clarify or not. I assumed you mentioned the false information on your G325a for a reason. If there's no question regarding it, then so be it.

Words mean things and we only have what you typed, to go on. You said you wanted to get married again. You're married. You can't "get married again" but you CAN have a ceremony. If that's what you want, then by all means, do it. Is there an immigration related issue on your mind?

I contacted my immigration regarding the address that wasn't inputed and the false mistake information that I gave. I was told by him I can submit an amendment but I wonder if it would complicate my case. But I get what your saying if there's no question regarding. I'm in hopes for this first part of my application to be approved by next month or so since I know we have a long way to go. I applied in Dec 2011 so really hoping to see him here atleast in beginning of 2013 year. And as I mentioned were planning a small ceremony in Nepal (I'm already married but would like to be married by temple/church) Anyway, I apologize on how I came off I am nervous.

Any input from anyone about me submiting an amendment to rectify my application information?

Timeline

I contacted my immigration regarding the address that wasn't inputed and the false mistake information that I gave. I was told by him I can submit an amendment but I wonder if it would complicate my case. But I get what your saying if there's no question regarding. I'm in hopes for this first part of my application to be approved by next month or so since I know we have a long way to go. I applied in Dec 2011 so really hoping to see him here atleast in beginning of 2013 year. And as I mentioned were planning a small ceremony in Nepal (I'm already married but would like to be married by temple/church) Anyway, I apologize on how I came off I am nervous.

Any input from anyone about me submiting an amendment to rectify my application information?

Whether the "mistake" on the G325a employment section will be an issue depends on the circumstances. In general, there are seldom questions about PAST employment of the US Citizen but they might ask about a job you had abroad. I'm not trying to judge you but it is the Consular Officer's job to do so. You say entering a job a friend, not you actually had on YOUR G325a was an "honest mistake". Without an explanation, nobody here can understand how a Consular officer would consider such a mistake an "honest" one. If you explain it here, we can help you prepare for how that might impact the interview or whether it is likely to have any impact at all.

Again, we can only go on what you wrote. As you wrote it, it sounds like you lied on an immigration form. Whether that lie will be considered material, is extremely important. You may want to carefully read the three short paragraphs directly above your signature on the I-130.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.