Rainbow007

N-400 Expedited Naturalization - 319b

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I'm residing in Spain and my wife currently on 10 year green card also joined me here. We meet the requirements for my wife to be able to apply for the Naturalization. In about a week, she would have marked the 6 months of absence from the US (for first time). In order to buy us more time, I could have traveled her to the US but that's not feasible in the near future. My question is about fingerprints, I have been trying to find out if US embassy would facilitate that but so for now response from them yet. Do the actual fingerprints HAVE to be sent along with the application or can I send the fingerprints later once I hear back from embassy? I'm just worried that the eligibility might get invalidated if we send the application after her 6 months of being outside the US.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I don't see a reason for expedited naturalization in your original post. Are you military service member with orders to Spain? Or working for American owned company in SPain?

Biometrics are done in the US unless you are military - no way around it.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I don't see a reason for expedited naturalization in your original post. Are you military service member with orders to Spain? Or working for American owned company in SPain?

Biometrics are done in the US unless you are military - no way around it.

Not true, I did my fingerprints overseas and we're not military.

OP are you in Spain working for a US Organization, whose head office is based in the States. When is her 6 months up?

I think with a little more detail about your situation you will get better answers.

Edited by BethandBilly

Timeline

Not true, I did my fingerprints overseas and we're not military.

OP are you in Spain working for a US Organization, whose head office is based in the States. When is her 6 months up?

I think with a little more detail about your situation you will get better answers.

Yes I qualify as I work for the UN. My wife's 6 months out side the US complete on 29th of April. Only thing unclear before we send the application is the fingerprints. If these can be done in the US just before the interview date, that would be fantastic.

Yes I qualify as I work for the UN. My wife's 6 months out side the US complete on 29th of April. Only thing unclear before we send the application is the fingerprints. If these can be done in the US just before the interview date, that would be fantastic.

Are you on US Government orders, if so is your wife also?

Fingerprints are done ahead of interview for the FBI check. If you work for the UN, you should be able to go to the US Embassy and get the fingerprints done there.

Edited by BethandBilly

Timeline

Are you on US Government orders, if so is your wife also?

Fingerprints are done ahead of interview for the FBI check. If you work for the UN, you should be able to go to the US Embassy and get the fingerprints done there.

That's what I'm trying to find out whether the embassy would do the fingerprints..so far I noticed I have to book an appointment and the earliest one would be in mid May. What about the 6 months mark on my wife's travel outside the US, do you suppose that's low/medium/high risk of getting the application rejected? Can we just do the fingerprints by sticking with the appointment next month and apply then?

I think there's also a process of requesting extension to the limit of stay while abroad and not sure if that can be done from overseas and if that would be worth it?

That's what I'm trying to find out whether the embassy would do the fingerprints..so far I noticed I have to book an appointment and the earliest one would be in mid May. What about the 6 months mark on my wife's travel outside the US, do you suppose that's low/medium/high risk of getting the application rejected? Can we just do the fingerprints by sticking with the appointment next month and apply then?

I think there's also a process of requesting extension to the limit of stay while abroad and not sure if that can be done from overseas and if that would be worth it?

You didn't apply for a re-entry permit for her? If your wife is on your government orders I don't think you have to worry, its when she's not on your orders problems could arise, but I could be wrong.You work for the UN, do you have a government ID, if so if there is a military base around may be you could call them and see if they could do your fingerprints.

Edited by BethandBilly

Timeline

You didn't apply for a re-entry permit for her? If your wife is on your government orders I don't think you have to worry, its when she's not on your orders problems could arise, but I could be wrong.You work for the UN, do you have a government ID, if so if there is a military base around may be you could call them and see if they could do your fingerprints.

I was able to get in touch with embassy and they said they will facilitate the fingerprints but they don't have the FD-258 form that's what is listed on the requirements. Again this will take my wife beyond the 6 months mark. We are not on government orders but treated as staff of international public organization which gets us to qualify for expedited naturalization. Now, what are the risks of applying after 6 or 7 months are completed?

I was able to get in touch with embassy and they said they will facilitate the fingerprints but they don't have the FD-258 form that's what is listed on the requirements. Again this will take my wife beyond the 6 months mark. We are not on government orders but treated as staff of international public organization which gets us to qualify for expedited naturalization. Now, what are the risks of applying after 6 or 7 months are completed?

That sir I cannot answer, as I do not know, may be someone else more familiar can help you with that, may be it won't matter at all, who knows. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good Luck :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When did she get her 10 year green card? If it was within 15 months they will do her fingerprints AT the interview, that is what they did for my wife.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.