crea78

On My Way to VN

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Waiting now in Chicago to go to Tokyo for my 25 hour flight to HCMC. My fiancee's interview is this coming Tuesday. I am staying 2 weeks and looking forward to seeing Uyen and her family once again.

I will write back as soon as I can on the results :)

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Timeline

Waiting now in Chicago to go to Tokyo for my 25 hour flight to HCMC. My fiancee's interview is this coming Tuesday. I am staying 2 weeks and looking forward to seeing Uyen and her family once again.

Good luck and God bless. Bring us a pink. Be very nice to let us know.star_smile.gif

Good luck for the pink, and bring her home...

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck! Buy some cheap hangers in the market when you arrive.

It's funny that it's been over a year and a half since we started that whole hangers thing... the one thing that I had forgotten to get when I was preparing for her arrival... And just as Curtis had noted... if there were not enough, then it was an easy fix.. my clothes could be taken off of some hangers... :whistle:

Something that many don't take into account is the differences in clothes cleaning... Many in VN have dry clean only clothes and have washed them many times, no issues... make sure your SO does not put anything dry clean only in the washing machine... US machines will destroy those things 4 sure....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's funny that it's been over a year and a half since we started that whole hangers thing... the one thing that I had forgotten to get when I was preparing for her arrival... And just as Curtis had noted... if there were not enough, then it was an easy fix.. my clothes could be taken off of some hangers... :whistle:

Something that many don't take into account is the differences in clothes cleaning... Many in VN have dry clean only clothes and have washed them many times, no issues... make sure your SO does not put anything dry clean only in the washing machine... US machines will destroy those things 4 sure....

No kidding. My wife did this several times and wrecked the clothes until I explained how to read the instructions on the tag. What really blows me away is that she cleans leather jackets in the sink and then hangs them up to dry and they come out perfect. I'd always taken them to a professional cleaners where they use 'dry' chemicals to clean them, and then rub moisturizing creams into them. I paid a LOT to get leather jackets cleaned, and they have never come out as good as when my wife cleans them. :blush:

Also, be prepared for your washer and dryer to get a lot more use. I was always a typical bachelor - a pair of jeans was good for at least two or three days of wear. My wife and step-kids still change their clothes at least two or three times a day, even though we almost never sweat in Northern California, and they always wash the clothes before wearing them again. They used the washer and dryer from the day they arrived in the US, but my wife just recently decided to start using the dishwasher after over two years. She just never trusted the dishwasher to get the dishes clean.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

The hangers thing is also meant to convey to ready the place from a single living to a couples set up. The babe will make it how she wants. The hangers was a big one for me when I saw mt clothes folded on the floor and her clothes hung up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Best of Luck and think pink!

Filed: Timeline

My wife washed wool suit pants in the washer... They were wrinkled like crazy. I had them dry cleaned and it got better, but still not perfect. Oh well. My wife won't read labels either. I have some 100% cotton non iron shirts, you gotta take those out of the dryer immediately or they will wrinkle. Of course, you could iron but that would defeat the purpose of having non iron shirts in the first place.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.