I AM NOT THAT GUY

What are the best ways for an old Kano to keep a young Pinay from getting bored on her day off?

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hehe.... so true.... but winter nights in AZ are great for cuddling. Summer... well you just watch the lightning light up the sky. Nice part about AZ in winter, you can visit the snow on the weekends..... but return to what others call summer when done visiting the snow.

Hank it is very very hard to explain dry heat in the Philippines. they never stress humidity in the weather there... so it makes it hard to understand..... Temps are nearly the same between Phoenix and the Philippines, but the humidity is so so different. Hope you are having a great time there.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Over the past year I have tried to tell her about DRY heat but until she lives it she won't understand. I tell her in the summer we get up early so we are done riding by 10AM in the winter we sleep in and don't go out riding until after 10 AM. Of course a weekend end run up into the mountains is always great.

It will be interesting.

She will appreciate not sweating immediately after a shower. Would those mountains be the cool alpine climate of Flagstaff?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Timeline

She will appreciate not sweating immediately after a shower. Would those mountains be the cool alpine climate of Flagstaff?

We went to an airshow, a couple years ago, and spend several hours out on the tarmac. When we got home later, I hear a scream of terror coming out of the bathroom. Running to her aid, I asked what happened. She was in the shower, vigorously scrubbing her upper arms.

"It won't come off!"

"Those are tan lines. You can't scrub them off."

"I hate it!" as she scrubs even harder.

BTW: Going to the airshow was her idea. After a couple hours, she left me and another Kano husband frying in the sun, while the Filipina wives were hiding from the sun under the wing of a large aircraft.

Timeline

hehe, get her some bleach.... that will take off the "dirt" ... always good to have SPF 50 around for hte filipina wives....

yes, the cool mountains of flagstaff but don't forget the observatory on Tucson....

at least the scream of terror was not from wondering what a "shrimp" was doing crawling up the wall instead of being near the ocean.....

some things I told my wife:

1)if you see a small hole in the ground don't go near it.

2)If you see something crawling up a tree, wall (or in the house) that looks like a shrimp, let me know and stay away from it. (you can put a jar over it if you dare)

3) At night, wear shoes when walking outside, and carry a UV light. if the ground glows, go another way.

4) if you see something brown in the air, go inside, or cover your mouth and nose with your clothes. don't worry what people see, worry about what you might breathe.

5) wear tennis shoes in summer... don't go barefoot or flip flops

6) when they say frequent lightning.... they mean it.

7) Stupid motorists law... may sound dumb.... until you see the water rise 5 feet in 30 seconds.

8) Verga... you can smell rain, see rain, but not feel rain....

9) Mexican food, plenty of mexican food, don't be surprised when people find out you don't eat tacos or burritos and start questioning you.

10) during summer always wear a swimsuit under your clothes... you never know when you might really need it.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

If she's anything at all like my wife, take her to a second hand clothing store - goodwill, DAV, or if you have one, Plato's Closet...my wife loves that place! She's really addicted to garage sales and estate sales too. You can spend time riding around seeing the town and shop cheap..lol BTW, it was NOT my idea to do this stuff. I was the one trying to get her to go to the mall...SHE's the cheap one! (I'm a lucky man, I know..lol)

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hehe.... so true.... but winter nights in AZ are great for cuddling. Summer... well you just watch the lightning light up the sky. Nice part about AZ in winter, you can visit the snow on the weekends..... but return to what others call summer when done visiting the snow.

Hank it is very very hard to explain dry heat in the Philippines. they never stress humidity in the weather there... so it makes it hard to understand..... Temps are nearly the same between Phoenix and the Philippines, but the humidity is so so different. Hope you are having a great time there.

Yup we are having a great time! Thanks. Its been 95 here as of late and close to that back in Tucson, of course when I tell her that it will be 5 - 10c higher come summer I get this "look" then I try to explain its a DRY heat.... LOL!!

Amy likes tacos and burritos as I have been making that stuff here, I am not crazy about Mexican food so that is close to the extend of what I make. Luckily she likes Italian food as much as I do.

Oh you sweat right out of the shower without AC, but it evaporates so fast you don't notice.... :rofl: Of course the other issue in summer is why some hotels put signs on the cold faucet that reads - This IS the cold water.

Ya getting up in the mountains is very nice alpine type weather, usually no more than 85F, I usually run up into the White Mountains so its a 3 hour ride across the desert before getting to the mountains. Sometimes I run up Mt Lemon in Tucson or an hour ride out to Kitt Peak where the observatory is, but those are ride up them, take a walk and ride down whereas the White Mountains you can ride from one end to the other.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

We went to an airshow, a couple years ago, and spend several hours out on the tarmac. When we got home later, I hear a scream of terror coming out of the bathroom. Running to her aid, I asked what happened. She was in the shower, vigorously scrubbing her upper arms.

"It won't come off!"

"Those are tan lines. You can't scrub them off."

"I hate it!" as she scrubs even harder.

Hahaha!

BTW: Going to the airshow was her idea. After a couple hours, she left me and another Kano husband frying in the sun, while the Filipina wives were hiding from the sun under the wing of a large aircraft.

She was being smart.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

Yup we are having a great time! Thanks. Its been 95 here as of late and close to that back in Tucson, of course when I tell her that it will be 5 - 10c higher come summer I get this "look" then I try to explain its a DRY heat.... LOL!!

Amy likes tacos and burritos as I have been making that stuff here, I am not crazy about Mexican food so that is close to the extend of what I make. Luckily she likes Italian food as much as I do.

Oh you sweat right out of the shower without AC, but it evaporates so fast you don't notice.... :rofl: Of course the other issue in summer is why some hotels put signs on the cold faucet that reads - This IS the cold water.

Ya getting up in the mountains is very nice alpine type weather, usually no more than 85F, I usually run up into the White Mountains so its a 3 hour ride across the desert before getting to the mountains. Sometimes I run up Mt Lemon in Tucson or an hour ride out to Kitt Peak where the observatory is, but those are ride up them, take a walk and ride down whereas the White Mountains you can ride from one end to the other.

White Mountain sounds like a better ride -- at least for the cooler weather.

Timeline

You can get her a goldfish or a turtle she can take care of. You could name it Sir Maximillian of Wentworth III. :)

If she is a province girl.... she would eat the goldfish and boil the turtle... use the shell for a table decoration.

Yes, I forgot about summer "cold" water... My wife will understand why we have bottled water in the fridge... :rofl: It is to be 104 in Phoenix today. but it will feel like 95F. Showing her wunderground so you can compare temps there with here.

Other things I do for my girl, I brush her hair, let her sleep in, cook some meals, sometimes help out around the house. Or take her to a new place in town. Let her goof off on the laptop, or she can call home to talk with family. Some days, she just likes laying around the house. she we just lay around the house.....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Bored on her day off, you really give her a day off?

She has a full-time job, so she doesn't bored, can contribute to the household, and have her own money to spend. We live in the sticks, public transportation sucks, and she doesn't drive. It's either drop her off somewhere, or keep her entertained. We went to lunch the other day, and went grocery shopping. Tomorrow morning, it's laundry time.

Sunday afternoon is a new adventure. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: I love Tacos and Burritos but try not to eat to much of it, theres a lot of places to buy it in Southern Cali

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.