beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

I finally got NOA2 guys! Well I dont have it yet, but the I130's been approved today. I am beyond belief! I had resolved that it would take a whole year. I guess Im off to the NVC process now. :dance:

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

This is the table of contents for my 5yr step daughter's Consular Processing I-130 package, any constructive comments would be much appreciated, I plan on sending this out on Monday.

table of Contents

1.Form I-130, Petition of Alien Relative (2 pages)

2.Attachment for I-130 (1 page)

3.Birth Certificate for Sponsor (1 page)

4.Translated Copy of Birth Certificate for Immigrant (1 page)

5.Copy of original Birth Certificate for Immigrant (2 pages)

6.Copy of Costa Rican Passport and US Visa for Immigrant (2 pages)

7.Certified Marriage Certificate (1 page)

8.Copy of Translated document showing no prior marriages (1 page)

9.Copy of original document showing no prior marriages (2 page)

10.G325-a, Biographic Information for Sponsor (1 page)

11.Passport photo for Sponsor (1 page)

12.G325-a, Attachment for Sponsor (1page)

13.G325-a, Biographic Information for Immigrant (1 page)

14.Passport photo for Immigrant (1 page)

15.G325-a, Attachment for Eugalie Immigrant (1 page)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I finally got NOA2 guys! Well I dont have it yet, but the I130's been approved today. I am beyond belief! I had resolved that it would take a whole year. I guess Im off to the NVC process now. :dance:

Congrats...good luck with NVC. Hopefully you will move through quickly. Do you already have everything in order and ready to send?

Congrats...good luck with NVC. Hopefully you will move through quickly. Do you already have everything in order and ready to send?

Yep, pretty much. I just have to pull them out and dust off the cobwebs. :thumbs:

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

This is the table of contents for my 5yr step daughter's Consular Processing I-130 package, any constructive comments would be much appreciated, I plan on sending this out on Monday.

table of Contents

1.Form I-130, Petition of Alien Relative (2 pages)

2.Attachment for I-130 (1 page)

3.Birth Certificate for Sponsor (1 page)

4.Translated Copy of Birth Certificate for Immigrant (1 page)

5.Copy of original Birth Certificate for Immigrant (2 pages)

6.Copy of Costa Rican Passport and US Visa for Immigrant (2 pages)

7.Certified Marriage Certificate (1 page)

8.Copy of Translated document showing no prior marriages (1 page)

9.Copy of original document showing no prior marriages (2 page)

10.G325-a, Biographic Information for Sponsor (1 page)

11.Passport photo for Sponsor (1 page)

12.G325-a, Attachment for Sponsor (1page)

13.G325-a, Biographic Information for Immigrant (1 page)

14.Passport photo for Immigrant (1 page)

15.G325-a, Attachment for Eugalie Immigrant (1 page)

You have a few extra things in there. It appears you were following the list for a spouse beneficiary. For children, less is required, for example no G325A forms. Here is a guide specific to IR-2 visas. And here is a wiki page. Good luck!

ETA: oops, I just saw that you sent this yesterday...

Edited by SerenityNOW

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Timeline

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I was wondering about your case...

You will catch up to us at NVC, as we are dragging our feet now. I have all the documents ready to go, but we are trying to get an early summer-ish interview so we don't have to make two trips back and forth for interview AND to bring the kid. He can't leave until nearly July because of school.

Since time is not a huge concern to us at the moment, I am going to send the choice of agent e-mail (from stepson's account) WITHOUT the actual DS-3032 form attached to see if it works. Some people have said that the form must be attached to a minor's application (for sure it is not required for spouse applications). I am doing the test to find out if it is true or not.

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I was wondering about your case...

You will catch up to us at NVC, as we are dragging our feet now. I have all the documents ready to go, but we are trying to get an early summer-ish interview so we don't have to make two trips back and forth for interview AND to bring the kid. He can't leave until nearly July because of school.

Since time is not a huge concern to us at the moment, I am going to send the choice of agent e-mail (from stepson's account) WITHOUT the actual DS-3032 form attached to see if it works. Some people have said that the form must be attached to a minor's application (for sure it is not required for spouse applications). I am doing the test to find out if it is true or not.

Yay! Thanks Serenity. Im looking forward to having company at the NVC. I feel like everyone else in here is either done or at least at the Embassy.

Question about the DS3032. I had planned on just sending the email as well, but I guess Ill have to attach the form. With a minor though, does the forms need to be signed by the minor. I plan on having her father sign everything including the DS230, as a representative for her since shes a minor. I was planning on sending the DS3032 from either my own or his email address.

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yay! Thanks Serenity. Im looking forward to having company at the NVC. I feel like everyone else in here is either done or at least at the Embassy.

Question about the DS3032. I had planned on just sending the email as well, but I guess Ill have to attach the form. With a minor though, does the forms need to be signed by the minor. I plan on having her father sign everything including the DS230, as a representative for her since shes a minor. I was planning on sending the DS3032 from either my own or his email address.

CONGRATS!! i know its a relief to be at NVC..

i am there too, for a little while anyway.. we just paid the IV bill and am sending documents today!

I am doing like Serenity and taking my time because we also want a summer interview, therefore i didnt send Ds3032 by email, we sent it by snailmail and my husband signed it

i saw that others put "father of minor child" or something like that and thats what we did without any issue!!

CONGRATS!! i know its a relief to be at NVC..

i am there too, for a little while anyway.. we just paid the IV bill and am sending documents today!

I am doing like Serenity and taking my time because we also want a summer interview, therefore i didnt send Ds3032 by email, we sent it by snailmail and my husband signed it

i saw that others put "father of minor child" or something like that and thats what we did without any issue!!

Thanks Quana. Are you doing that with the 230 as well? signing as father of minor child?

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Timeline

Yeah, I don't know if there is an official age when children can sign for themselves? (if there is, I'll add this info to the wiki page). A small child, for sure would not be expected to sign for themselves. On the I-864W (we will be sending this, since my husband is a US citizen now, and his child is less than 18) it specifically says if the child is over 14, he or she has to sign it themselves.

But now I'm not sure about the other forms, if the rule is 14+? My husband's kid is 16, so we had him sign everything... guess we'll find out if the forms are accepted or not!

Looks like at least three of us will have late spring/summer interviews!!!!!!

Lucy4 - it took us about a month to get the case and Invoice Identification numbers for NVC. I didn't pay attention to how long it took to invoice for AOS though. If you have all the documents ready, once you have the numbers, you should theoretically be able to finish the process in around two-three weeks, assuming the invoices come quickly, you pay ASAP, then they take a couple of days to process the invoice, a couple of days to receive your forms and documents in the mail ...

I sent the Choice of Agent e-mail - from my stepson's e-mail account, which NVC has no record of yet, so we'll see if that works! - and paid the AOS fee today. I'll come back and post about how long those took to be accepted.

Edited by SerenityNOW

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC

Yeah, I don't know if there is an official age when children can sign for themselves? (if there is, I'll add this info to the wiki page). A small child, for sure would not be expected to sign for themselves. On the I-864W (we will be sending this, since my husband is a US citizen now, and his child is less than 18) it specifically says if the child is over 14, he or she has to sign it themselves.

But now I'm not sure about the other forms, if the rule is 14+? My husband's kid is 16, so we had him sign everything... guess we'll find out if the forms are accepted or not!

Looks like at least three of us will have late spring/summer interviews!!!!!!

Lucy4 - it took us about a month to get the case and Invoice Identification numbers for NVC. I didn't pay attention to how long it took to invoice for AOS though. If you have all the documents ready, once you have the numbers, you should theoretically be able to finish the process in around two-three weeks, assuming the invoices come quickly, you pay ASAP, then they take a couple of days to process the invoice, a couple of days to receive your forms and documents in the mail ...

I sent the Choice of Agent e-mail - from my stepson's e-mail account, which NVC has no record of yet, so we'll see if that works! - and paid the AOS fee today. I'll come back and post about how long those took to be accepted.

Thanks ladies, for all the info. Im so excited not to be alone anymore.

Serenity, you just opened another question, are you the petitioner or your husband? If you are the petitioner, wouldnt you have I864? I think beejay explained before that I864W would only be accepted if the child's citizen parent is the petitioner. Let me know if it works for you, because I'd much rather file the W than the regular form.

My stepchild is 13, so Im gonna have her father sign everything.

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Timeline

Thanks ladies, for all the info. Im so excited not to be alone anymore.

Serenity, you just opened another question, are you the petitioner or your husband? If you are the petitioner, wouldnt you have I864? I think beejay explained before that I864W would only be accepted if the child's citizen parent is the petitioner. Let me know if it works for you, because I'd much rather file the W than the regular form.

My stepchild is 13, so Im gonna have her father sign everything.

My husband is the petitioner since he became a citizen before we decided to bring his kid here. I am in the stepchild threads because my husband would never in a million years spend as much time as I have reading through all these threads and gathering all the information! So despite the fact that he is the petitioner, I filled out all the forms and made all the lists of documents AND I made myself the "agent" with NVC :)

I found out about all this I-864W stuff through beejay etc.s posts way back in this thread (I actually read through every single post one weekend in January.) I wonder if I would have even known about that option if this forum didn't exist...

Although I am pretty sure that my stepson qualifies for the waiver, I would NOT be surprised if the embassy asks for tax transcripts anyway based on previous experience with them - so we will be ordering the tax transcripts for the interview just to be safe rather than trying to order them from there. Imagine.

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC

My husband is the petitioner since he became a citizen before we decided to bring his kid here. I am in the stepchild threads because my husband would never in a million years spend as much time as I have reading through all these threads and gathering all the information! So despite the fact that he is the petitioner, I filled out all the forms and made all the lists of documents AND I made myself the "agent" with NVC :)

I found out about all this I-864W stuff through beejay etc.s posts way back in this thread (I actually read through every single post one weekend in January.) I wonder if I would have even known about that option if this forum didn't exist...

Although I am pretty sure that my stepson qualifies for the waiver, I would NOT be surprised if the embassy asks for tax transcripts anyway based on previous experience with them - so we will be ordering the tax transcripts for the interview just to be safe rather than trying to order them from there. Imagine.

Ok, no problem. I wasnt questioning why you were here, the issue just piqued my interest because Im in the exact same boat. Only difference is, I submitted the form a few weeks before he had his oath ceremony. Who knew I probably would have been approved a long time ago if I had waited? I found out about the W form from beejay as well (isnt she great?) but then I dont think her form was accepted since she wasnt the immediate parent. So chances are that although my husband is a citizen, since he wasnt the filer, we wont be able to use a W form. I ordered my transcripts yesterday though.

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My boys had their interview today!!! They got sent for a DNA test but are APPROVED UPON RECEIPT OF POSITIVE MATCH OF DNA TEST!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.