tanyaru

Urgent help!!! Need to sign naturalization certificate!!!!

23 posts in this topic

1361017317[/url]' post='5983778']

"I certify the description given is true and the photograph hereto is a likeness of me."

(Complete and true signature of holder)

Below is your name like:

JOHN ADAMS SMITH

You write your name exactly using the same precise letters on that line above like

John Adams Smith

You do not write, John Smith, John A Smith, JA Smith, these are not complete like your printed name is already pre-typed on your certificate.

The only writing you do on your certificate is that complete signature on that line, you do NOT write anywhere else on your certificate.

Is this clear enough?

How about the picture, do I need to sign it too?

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

How about the picture, do I need to sign it too?

No, just that line with your complete signature as printed on your certificate. About your photo, was that done with an ink jet printer? They do want to you print your name on your photo with alien number, but only so they get the correct photo or the photo taken of you at your biometrics.

US passport still uses your submitted photos, and your name should appear exactly like it does on your certificate. Same deal there, want you to write your name exactly like ti was printed.

1361049444[/url]' post='5984356']

No, just that line with your complete signature as printed on your certificate. About your photo, was that done with an ink jet printer? They do want to you print your name on your photo with alien number, but only so they get the correct photo or the photo taken of you at your biometrics.

US passport still uses your submitted photos, and your name should appear exactly like it does on your certificate. Same deal there, want you to write your name exactly like ti was printed.

It was just glued on my certificate. So I do not need to sign at the side of mt photo? Just the line?

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Timeline

Looks like they used the photo her IO instructed her to print just her full name upwards on the left margin, no alien number on the front. Hers is held on with double sided sticky tape. Most important thing is that USCIS seal half on her photo, other half on the certificate. Stepdaughter's certificate has nothing written on her photo, inconsistencies.

Do not believe it's necessary to print or write your name, both got though the DOS for US passports, after that, we buried those certificates.

Ha, made them practice writing their full names on a blank piece of paper with a line drawn on it the same length of that line on the certificate. Both have fancy signatures, didn't want to risk laying out another 400 bucks for a new certificate. Really all you want to do is to please the DOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Didnt get no instructions. So d o I need to sign my picture as well? I also changed my name

yes that was the point I was making, sorry if it wasn't clear.

If you change your name, they glue the photo on the page (versus having it imprinted with a signature already on the photo) and there is no signature on the glued photo. In these cases you must sign the side of the photo, and sign the line on the form the same way. This was noted by the official at our ceremony (where over 2,000 swore in) and it is printed on the instruction sheet.

So Sign the side of the photo closest to the short edge of the paper, then sign the form itself the same way, and you will be "legal" :-)

Timeline

We weren't told that during my stepdaughter's oath ceremony, only told to check that certificate for errors, consequence of leaving with errors is another 400 buck charge and a six or longer month wait. Was just told after you received your certificate, walk out the door. But again 80 different field offices and each with a different office manager.

Was told not to sign that oath letter until in front of an officer, but no such signing requirement with the certificate. Her photo was printed, but after we walked out the door, was done with the USCIS. So just had her sign her full name on that line.

Then we were dealing with voter's registration, DMV, SS, and the DOS, they all accepted her certificate with just her signature on that line. No longer with whatever your officer manager told you what to do at your oath ceremony.

Caught that name change bit, how come that wasn't changed before you received your certificate?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

We weren't told that during my stepdaughter's oath ceremony, only told to check that certificate for errors, consequence of leaving with errors is another 400 buck charge and a six or longer month wait. Was just told after you received your certificate, walk out the door. But again 80 different field offices and each with a different office manager.

Was told not to sign that oath letter until in front of an officer, but no such signing requirement with the certificate. Her photo was printed, but after we walked out the door, was done with the USCIS. So just had her sign her full name on that line.

Then we were dealing with voter's registration, DMV, SS, and the DOS, they all accepted her certificate with just her signature on that line. No longer with whatever your officer manager told you what to do at your oath ceremony.

Caught that name change bit, how come that wasn't changed before you received your certificate?

From what my lawyers have told me, the immigration folks I know, the immigration folks at the ceremony that day, and the handouts they gave with the certs, it is SOP for all name changes to not have an imprinted photo and to not have a signature since the photo is glued on. You then have to sign the photo and the document after receipt.

Timeline

From what my lawyers have told me, the immigration folks I know, the immigration folks at the ceremony that day, and the handouts they gave with the certs, it is SOP for all name changes to not have an imprinted photo and to not have a signature since the photo is glued on. You then have to sign the photo and the document after receipt.

Since I cannot seem to download the latest N-400 instructions today, cannot directly quote the instructions on the photographs. But says exactly the same thing it has for years, on using either a soft pencil or a felt pen to print your name on the rear of your photos.

Apparently the USCIS personnel neither read nor adhere to their own instructions. We followed the instructions.

Wife said her IO got angry at her for not printing her name with a ball point pen on the left margin on the face of her photos, but gave her a few seconds to do so. At that same field office, her IO never made an issue out it, just took her photos as they were. So how can anyone make conclusions on what they want.

Both received their US passports, one with the name printed on the photo, the other without, but both had their full signature on that line.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.