DOLE

A few Biometric questions

7 posts in this topic

Hiya,

I have two questions about the biometrics. I have to travel abroad ASAP and it might be too late if I wait for the biometrics appointment date. Either I try walk-in with a biometric notice or reschedule the biometric several months.

1) How long would it take to get Biometric Notice typically? Would two weeks be sufficient after NOA?

2) I read that you can't legally delay (reschedule) the biometrics more than 90 days (from expiration date or I-751?????). Meaning you have to have Bio done within 90 days? Is it true?

Thanks for your info.

Your biometrics notice can arrive at any time really, two weeks is probably a little soon to expect it to turn up. How long are you planning on going overseas for?

I will be out of country for 5~6 months. I just want to finish fingerprinting if I can before the trip. I should have about fours weeks between I-751 submit and the trip. If there is no restriction on rescheduling biometric several (or many) times, I wouldn't mind doing fingerprint after I come back. The bottom line question is. "Is there any restriction on rescheduling the biometrics?"

Thanks for your input anyway.

Your biometrics notice can arrive at any time really, two weeks is probably a little soon to expect it to turn up. How long are you planning on going overseas for?

BTW, I called USCIS and explained my situation. And also I asked if you can reschedule biometrics many times and got a kinda lame answer. They said "As long as the biometric scheduling office (I am guessing that it is a local ACS), there shouldn't be a problem". Shouldn't USCIS know about this? Well...

Edited by DOLE

I would give it more than 2 weeks to receive your biometrics after the NOA1. It's entirely possible that it arrives in 2 weeks but it could take longer. No sure way to know.

You can do a walk-in once you receive your bio notice as long as your local office allows it. I wouldn't recommend waiting until you return to get your biometrics done as you'll be gone 5-6 months. This will delay your process significantly.

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would give it more than 2 weeks to receive your biometrics after the NOA1. It's entirely possible that it arrives in 2 weeks but it could take longer. No sure way to know.

You can do a walk-in once you receive your bio notice as long as your local office allows it. I wouldn't recommend waiting until you return to get your biometrics done as you'll be gone 5-6 months. This will delay your process significantly.

I agree, if you will be gone for 5 - 6 months then make sure you do the biometrics before you leave.

Bio Notice usually comes right after NOA. You can say 1-2 weeks & Bio App. is usually following month, but as soon as you get the Bio Notice, you can go to ASC anytime by walk-in.

If they create a problem, you can tell them about your situation, they should understand. If I were you I would do Bio & then leave the country with taking Extension Letter,

& also I would appoint someone to check my mail box frequently If you hear anything from USCIS while you are abroad, it can be any kind of notice (you never know).

Good luck & please keep us posted.

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.