cheeky^Wolf

Mini Rant About Silly People

15 posts in this topic

OK so neither of these situations will have an impact on me, I just can't believe how stupid some people are, or the advice they follow from people. Maybe it's because I have more of an insight into the whole visa process after reading on here and going through it.

Rant #1

In the chatroom I run, there's a UKC guy who is "in love" with a USC. He asked me what he has to do about moving over and them getting married, so I showed him the K1 flowchart from here and explained the process. They haven't met in person yet, have already planned to marry in January, so I knocked him back to reality and said he was being very optimistic and until you meet, it's hard to do much planning. It now turns out she's married but threw her husband out last week! How they plan on getting her divorce through and getting a visa in 3 months should be interesting.

Rant #2

Another chat room couple, he's the UKC she's the USC. They are both young and within a week of meeting online were planning weddings, babies etc. She asked me about the visa process, again I showed her the K1 flowchart. The following week he tells me she spoke to an immigration person (?) who said that he doesn't need a visa, he can just come over. So he came over, got to immigration, they asked him the purpose of his visit and he said to marry my girlfriend I've never met.... deported! So then she planned to go to the UK to get pics as evidence of their meeting. At immigration she didn't mention a boyfriend and said she just wanted to see the UK. She was held for 2 days at Gatwick and then refused entry and was sent back to the US. They said she didn't have any money with her to fund her trip. So now she's setting off to try again. The "immigration expert" has told her to take $1000 and book into a hotel and she'll be good to go. I can't help but think this is doomed. She is taking her 3 (yes 3) wedding dresses with her and they are planning on marrying while she is there. I've tried to explain to her that she might have to return to the US to wait for her visa but apparently, this won't happen.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I'll sit back and watch the journey's unfold.

Any thoughts?

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

All I can say is both cases = :wacko:

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: Other Timeline

I had much the same reaction to a Canadian who is waiting on her K1 who didn't know that there are no Shreddies in the US nd thought that she could apply for a TN once she's here waiting for her AOS from K1.

But, in their defence, the mis-information line is called the mis-information line for a damned good reason!

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

chopf##ks never have a clue

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The people on Rant #2 sound absolutely perfect for each other; both as idiotic as each other... :lol:

Please don't let them reproduce....

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

I'm so glad you all think the same as me! Someone told me I was shattering their dreams.. I think I'm just being realistic.

The worrying thing is #2's ARE planning on reproducing at the earliest opportunity. It now turns out he has a bad criminal record (which could explain why they don't want to do the visa route). He's a complete

d!ckhead and in his words "can't wait til she's here and I can keep an eye on her". There's no trust and he's a control freak... I can't help but think she's heading for a life of hell. She even admitted he can be a bit of a psycho. Anyone in Arizona want to go slap some sense into her?

Some peoples children...

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Timeline

The people on Rant #2 sound absolutely perfect for each other; both as idiotic as each other... :lol:

Please don't let them reproduce....

Here's the betting they will have at least 8 children who will be just as retarded as they are.... ;)

I'm so glad you all think the same as me! Someone told me I was shattering their dreams.. I think I'm just being realistic.

The worrying thing is #2's ARE planning on reproducing at the earliest opportunity. It now turns out he has a bad criminal record (which could explain why they don't want to do the visa route). He's a complete

d!ckhead and in his words "can't wait til she's here and I can keep an eye on her". There's no trust and he's a control freak... I can't help but think she's heading for a life of hell. She even admitted he can be a bit of a psycho. Anyone in Arizona want to go slap some sense into her?

Some peoples children...

They sound like they are an accident waiting to happen to be honest... :yes:

Edited by mags

Timeline
I can't help but think she's heading for a life of hell. She even admitted he can be a bit of a psycho.

Good think the UK's got all them free Social Services then! I hear illegal immigrants get free TVs and all sorts!

:lol:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

LOL these people are wrong wrong wrong.... but damn I cant wait till they show up on this forum asking for help as;

"they are married, but cant be in the same country and they are soooooo special cause they are really really really truely in luvvvv and it is sooooo unfair for them to be apart and they didnt know they couldnt just move!!!!!"

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline