pacenround36

Is no news good news

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I sent our packet in 2 months ago. I haven't heard anything except the NOA1. Wondering if no news is good news. Our packet went to California.

At this point it is just "no news". Any news will come in the mail but I would not expect anything for 4-5 months minimum. They do not send occasional friendly notes to keep in contact, no Christmas cards, photos of the kids or anything like that. The online update system is 65% accurate (not joking). If you scored a 65 on a math test what grade is that? :whistle:

Your file sits in a box for 5-6 months then gets adjudicated and you get an approval or an RFE. Nothing else in between

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I sent our packet in 2 months ago. I haven't heard anything except the NOA1. Wondering if no news is good news. Our packet went to California.

Yep, you still have about 3 months of the same, waiting for USCIS notification. :whistle:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was wondering the same as you because I have been waiting for 4 months on April 2 2012 and even check the USCIS from time to time and it shows the same thing from day one. So who do i call just to see if it's even been looked at? Does adding a child make it longer or have been married before to a person from the same country? Thanks

Even though we are far from each other right now I know you are close to me in other ways,you are always here in my heart. You give me reason to look forward to each day,You are my life and a dream come true.there are no words to express how i feel for you.You are the light in my darkness.There could never be words strong enough to express my love for you but I'm going to show it to you everyday as long as i live.I love you with my body,soul and mind.I love you very much baby.Mwaaaaaaaaah!

Your Wife to be,

Aijeen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Yes, you have about 3 more months of waiting and researching. Our NOA2 did not come until right at the 6 month mark. Of course, I missed one question on the I-129F and it cost us an extra 60 days :blink: If you don't have a RFE, then you should be receiving your NOA2 in about 3 more months :thumbs:

In the meantime, you can start collecting your evidence for the interview. IE: phone logs, emails, chats, photos, etc. Research those "DS" forms that will need to be filled out and given to the embassy. You and your fiancee decide which place he/she will need to go in order to complete the medical exam. Don't forget about your affadavit of support, the I-134. You need to work on it and get your employer to write on letter head regarding your employment status, including salary, and recent check stubs. Also, you need a transcript of your tax return (or returns depending on the embassy requirements).

So you see, you have lots to do and that will keep your mind occupied and before you know it, your NOA2 will be in your hands :yes: Good luck to you as you travel down your journey's pathways :D

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Timeline

Was wondering the same as you because I have been waiting for 4 months on April 2 2012 and even check the USCIS from time to time and it shows the same thing from day one. So who do i call just to see if it's even been looked at? Does adding a child make it longer or have been married before to a person from the same country? Thanks

It has not been looked at. It is on a box. It will be "looked at" about 15 minutes before you receive an approval or RFE. It is not a "process" of being passed around from person to person. It is checked when it arrives,(for payment and signatures only) sealed in a box and waits until it is adjudicated. Adjudication takes 15-20 minutes. "Touches", if any, are when the BOX is scanned and all files in that box get an "update" which means the box has been moved.

Children make no difference in the petition process. Previous marriages make no difference, but you need to include your divorce papers, other than that, no affect.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It has not been looked at. It is on a box. It will be "looked at" about 15 minutes before you receive an approval or RFE. It is not a "process" of being passed around from person to person. It is checked when it arrives,(for payment and signatures only) sealed in a box and waits until it is adjudicated. Adjudication takes 15-20 minutes. "Touches", if any, are when the BOX is scanned and all files in that box get an "update" which means the box has been moved.

Children make no difference in the petition process. Previous marriages make no difference, but you need to include your divorce papers, other than that, no affect.

Good to hear that adding a child doesn't make any longer or even shorter in my case, but i haven't even been touched but i see that a lot on here...Hopefully i will hear something soon I'm going crazy here. Thanks again!

Even though we are far from each other right now I know you are close to me in other ways,you are always here in my heart. You give me reason to look forward to each day,You are my life and a dream come true.there are no words to express how i feel for you.You are the light in my darkness.There could never be words strong enough to express my love for you but I'm going to show it to you everyday as long as i live.I love you with my body,soul and mind.I love you very much baby.Mwaaaaaaaaah!

Your Wife to be,

Aijeen

Timeline

Good to hear that adding a child doesn't make any longer or even shorter in my case, but i haven't even been touched but i see that a lot on here...Hopefully i will hear something soon I'm going crazy here. Thanks again!

Ours was never "touched" either and never "updated". It still shows "initial review"

Gary And Alla

Yes, you have about 3 more months of waiting and researching. Our NOA2 did not come until right at the 6 month mark. Of course, I missed one question on the I-129F and it cost us an extra 60 days :blink: If you don't have a RFE, then you should be receiving your NOA2 in about 3 more months :thumbs:

In the meantime, you can start collecting your evidence for the interview. IE: phone logs, emails, chats, photos, etc. Research those "DS" forms that will need to be filled out and given to the embassy. You and your fiancee decide which place he/she will need to go in order to complete the medical exam. Don't forget about your affadavit of support, the I-134. You need to work on it and get your employer to write on letter head regarding your employment status, including salary, and recent check stubs. Also, you need a transcript of your tax return (or returns depending on the embassy requirements).

So you see, you have lots to do and that will keep your mind occupied and before you know it, your NOA2 will be in your hands :yes: Good luck to you as you travel down your journey's pathways :D

I sent a lot of the things Like chat logs and pictures. waiting for the Irs to send tax transcipts that will be slow because of all the procrastinators and there taxes. she already has most of the forms that we know about for the embassy.

Timeline

I sent a lot of the things Like chat logs and pictures. waiting for the Irs to send tax transcipts that will be slow because of all the procrastinators and there taxes. she already has most of the forms that we know about for the embassy.

If you call the IRS from a locatrion with a fax machine they will fax the transcripts to you immediately. Also a COPY of your tax return with all attachments and copies of w-2s is acceptable. It does not HAVE TO BE a transcript.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.